Sign in to follow this  
allConfused

15 inch d2 box help

hey i was just thowing together some fast 15 inch box approximations and if i stood the box up so the sub was firing at the back of the front seat i could only get 1 inch of wood at the top and bottom of the box becuase the speaker size it to big ( i got a max of 18.5 in so with 3/4 in mdf i get 1 inch of space at top and bottom.

is that enough space or should i sit it down so the sub is firing upwards. if i do that i can get plenty of room.

if i face it upward would it sound any differnt?

Hrm...I really don't get what you're saying. Is this going in the truck you posted pics of in the other thread? Facing the sub upwards won't hurt it, that's for sure. That's how Dustin's subs were installed in his Ranger and they were/are just sick loud.

I know what you're saying that is more than I have and it sounds AWESOME. on the bottom I'm literally touching the top of the basket to the bottom of the enclosure!

Go 2.4 cubes, best most natural sound out of this sub. yes you can go with a 2.0 like recommended but seriously if you want a seriously flat response go 2.4 2.0 IMO was lacking in the low end naturally (without eq in the 25-34hz region). And the f3 seemed alot higher in the 2.0. Even with just .4 cubes more the f3 dropped considerably on my analyser. I dropped about 2db in the 40hz-50hz region on my eq where cabin gain is a biatch in just about every car and the thing is damn near perfect........as perfect as I think I will ever get a sub in a a car hehe.....

Edited by stangme01

i agree with stangme, i have 2.37 cubes after displacement and it sounds unbelievable. the low end is much better than at 2 cubes to my ears at least.

hehe i was just worried about the wieght of the basket breaking the mdf becuase 1 inch left on the top and bottom is nothing. i did some measuring and im just gunna have the sub fire upwards toward the ceiling. becuase the seat angles slightly down and then the other part (back rest) angles slighly back. i like a challgne so im gubba design that box to where lies perfectly flat. its not gunna be sitting at an angle from the seat :)

thanks for space recomendations too. ill try for 2.4 cubes net, lol if i can find money to buy the sub first :thud:

i like a challgne so im gubba design that box to where lies perfectly flat. its not gunna be sitting at an angle from the seat

Put the beer down while you're typing next time..... ;)

ok i found displacement in an older forum.

so with my design i got 2.33608 CF after ALL displacement.

thanks for help all.