bassplayer

18 inch Rl-p Beast questions

What would the Rms rating for the 18 in the optimal box specs be?

and is the rating conservative? like could i be putting 1300 into it without worries?

All of the SoundSplinters are conservative, but that does not mean they need to take double the power. Just be smart with the gains.

I'm not going to give my subjective opinion on the Fi Q, as I'm a very large bit biased! ;)

As for the original question, my apologies for the late reply but for what it's worth, 1300 watts used responsibly will be fine for the RL-p18.

cool.

What kind of upper end bass spectrum response can this get?

and how much is shipping to florida?

oh and what is the most ideal ported box for it for LSQ?

thanks

Edited by BassPlayer

Really don't understand why u worry about upper frequencies when we're talking about 18'' subs.If you're that worried about it get 8s or 10s.

Actually I'd say if you want upper extension you should buy midbasses to go with it. Personally I can't handle a substage turned above 50hz and if I could get even more out of my mids, I'd gladly cross it over at 40hz.

Actually I'd say if you want upper extension you should buy midbasses to go with it. Personally I can't handle a substage turned above 50hz and if I could get even more out of my mids, I'd gladly cross it over at 40hz.

i can attest to this, lol. got on to me about my subs being crossed over at ~80hz, lol....and while i didn't think i had enough substage, he thought i had a bit too much, lol....

18s and upper frequency? especially rl-p? ain't happening. follow ///M5's advice, get your 18, tune it low and strengthen your midbass for the upper extension.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Trust me, With 1300 watts on a 18" your gonna have to have a serious front stage to even be able to hear music, especially cranked up, I run a sx 18 on about 1200rms, with 6.5 comp set seeing about 100 rms or so a side and it lacks.. SO unless all ya want is bass, almost any good brand 18" will slam if its done right.

Trust me, With 1300 watts on a 18" your gonna have to have a serious front stage to even be able to hear music, especially cranked up, I run a sx 18 on about 1200rms, with 6.5 comp set seeing about 100 rms or so a side and it lacks.. SO unless all ya want is bass, almost any good brand 18" will slam if its done right.
Keeping this in mind (and I dont mean to jack your thread) I will be running 2 rl-p 18"s off of an Orion 2500d. My front stage will be 2 sets of RE 6.5 comps with an Orion 400/4. I "think" this will be enough, but untill it's installed, I wont know. :ughdunno:

Thats should be plenty loud enough!!!!! I figure ya have a big a$$ electrical system to keep up with that power. Let me know how it turns out. 2 rlp 18s off of 2500 should be nasty. I'll have to check it out next time I swing thru Church Street..... :fing34:

Thats should be plenty loud enough!!!!! I figure ya have a big a$$ electrical system to keep up with that power. Let me know how it turns out. 2 rlp 18s off of 2500 should be nasty. I'll have to check it out next time I swing thru Church Street..... :fing34:
200amp alt, 2 redtops, 4 runs of 1/0 (2+ 2-), big 3 upgrade. I should get the truck back this weekend to start the system. :woot:

does anyone know of any good port calculator programs for box and vent design? and I should go with a dual 4 ohm since my amp puts out 1200 into 2 ohms, and since I'll be getting only one 18, the 4 ohm coils in parallel will be perfect right?

does anyone know of any good port calculator programs for box and vent design? and I should go with a dual 4 ohm since my amp puts out 1200 into 2 ohms, and since I'll be getting only one 18, the 4 ohm coils in parallel will be perfect right?

You got it 2 4ohm coils parallel = 2ohm. Also on box design check out reaudio.com, on the bottom of the page they have a slot port design program, you input size etc.. and it will give you a visual of your box, plus a cut sheets for the exact sizes for box pieces. ALso win-isd to model how the sub would work in a specific enclosure. I like Bassbox pro 6, but its kinda expensove unless you can limewire, soulseek it... good luck.