cobra65427289

New eD A's!!!

well, eD is finially making some changes. i myself will be getting on the pre-preorder list tomorrow hopefully. i will be aiming for 2 15's. for those of you who know nothing about them, check up on it in SIN there is some good reading and way good pics. anyways i cant wait to get 4 inches peak to peak out of these little ladies.

al

Cool, another ED pre-order :rolleyes:

hey, i havent seen that photo of it. where did you get that man? this is no preorder. this is a pre-preorder.

al

awesome, in that pic it is only moving about 3.5-3.7 inches. haha, only. but it will move 4 peak to peak before the spider hits. i already have my dad saying ok on the use of his credit card, so long as i have the money to pay him up front, and that is as easy as, well, withdrawing money from an account. :D

al

that one (the 15) looks like its barely moving, what up with that?

al

Edited by cobra65427289

either 2 2500d's or 4 tantrum 1200.1's

al

I'm really hoping work pics up so I can grab one of these pups to play with.

Always loved Elemental, but the flat cone didn't do it for me.

Cool, another ED pre-order
Edited by sandt38

Actuall TC is still building all the drivers except the KX series. And I heard it throught the grapevine that a lot of certain drivers are sitting stocked in a warehouse ready to go out. ;)

But then again, what the hell do I know?

i agree, pre-orders are stupid. Just wait until they come out and order it. It gets very old hearing people complain about not getting their sub.

chit happens, eD is a growing company but I think they are making things worse by doing the pre-orders, now they get to have people mad at them because they didnt get their sub on time.

i dont mind pre-orders when there is a release date in the very new future

the problem is companies never get the subs in time by the due date. theres always some delay. ask me how i know

the problem is companies never get the subs in time by the due date. theres always some delay. ask me how i know

True.

I am not a fan of preorders. It seems like they never come around when the Mfg says they will. Now, I'm not saying it is ED's fault that the preorders are dealyed (or any other companies). I'll wager that at least 85% of these issues are buildhouse or shipping issues.

But how irritating is that? What if I am the guy who drops $400 on this new sub due out in June, and it doesn't come... Then in September it is still not here... OK, cool, the buildhouse built an entire run of drivers out of spec. But where does that leave me? It's not the companies fault the buildhouse f-ed up, but I was promised the driver 3 months ago.

Nate,

I'm not hating, just discussing an issue that gripes me. It is not just Ed either, don't get me wrong on that... it is the whole preorder thing.

However, you mention of them being a more mature company may be true as far as time in the industry, but let's not forget the people who waited for promised backordered As all the way untill the end of their run. Have they become more mature in the last few weeks? Also, if they were so mature they wouldn't need the customer's money up front to build the subs...

One of the reasons I am so glad about what BEtter Audio is doing, is I as a dealer don't have to deal with preorder bit<hing. As currently the only authorized dealer for BA, I am privy to all their info (non-disclosure pending, so no questions please ;) ), that is otherwise unknown the the public. They will offer no pre-order, and no release dates. The information will be nominal. Suddenly you will wake up one day and they will be there.

Adire with their new line of subs... no pre-order. In fact, no info. What can you tell me about the new drivers by Adire? No hype, no preorder, no complaints by the customer...

These are mature companies... And they are still young B)

yes preorders do suck but i think ben and other companys have there reasons for haveing them...

at less i hope they do... :thud:

jamie

well when youy got companies that sell subs in waves and 90 percent of them sell out on pre-order befor they even make to the company, pre-order is a good thing lol

by the way i got a mini review from someone who got there hands on a new e12av2 prototype. they said it was phenominal. they didnt do a SQ test but they said this thing was just mean. louder, deeper, more linear, and takes gobs and gobs of power.

blowing this thing with 1000-1500 watts would be impossible.

its susposed to be a e12a but improved in almost every aspect.

they tried to keep the sound as close to the old one as possible.

Sandtl:

When it happens this time around...you can talk about it all you want. eD was a new company back when all the backorder ish happened...now they are a tad more experienced, and I have confidence that this won't happen again. If it does, once again, feel free to comment. But that first post you made can only lead to trouble...I'm just doing my job, don't hate :)

-Nate

ok, fine, you wait and pay the full price when you can do the preorder for not even the price of the current 15A. and it will be a difference between prices, not just 20 bucks.

also the FS will lower as soon as the suspension breaks in a little more after a while.

al

thats only cuz you got a mag :finger: j/p man. waits suck thats why you get at the front of the line.