Sign in to follow this  
mlstrass

New Home For RL-P's

Finally got the enclosures finished and in the house. Each box is 10^3 @19Hz with a single 8" port and RL-P 15. Port fires up and subs are down firing. I'm about 50/50 HT and music, so I think the higher tune is a good balance. So far I've been VERY impressed and the subs are only getting 400watts each off a Hypex plate amp. Couldn't imagine what 800+ to each one would sound like.

Music has punch, hits low, and gets plenty loud with excellent SQ. Has no trouble keeping up with 6 Klipsch Legends. Also got to demo the depth charge scene from U-571 tonight. Neighbor was over and his jaw hit the floor. Much louder than the 4 Tempests they replaced. GF said the whole house felt like it was going to fall apart. PERFECT!!!!!

Only took a few pics during the build process as it was usually way late and I was just trying to get them done. Definitely an upgrade and was a fun project. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy some movies with my new twin beasts in the house.

1001437nv6.jpg

1001438pc2.jpg

1001432gt5.jpg

Pretty cool looking, whats your plans for finishing?

I cannot get the pictures to load. :(

I cannot get the pictures to load. :(

Looks like Image Shack is having some issues. I'll see if I can get them fixed.

Will eventually stain them, but for now "naked" is fine.

mmm naked!

I'm also digging the naked look. LOL

Gave them a real workout tonight. Depth charge scene again, AC/DC "Stiff Upper Lip" DTS DVD, and some music off the PC.

Listened to the music in 7 channel stereo to recreate the dance club effect. OMFG was it loud and clean sounding.

Depth charges knocked 2 pictures off the wall and a huge pillar candle off a shelf.

AC/DC was just like sitting in the front row, as I've done that back in the day a few times when I was young and foolish.

I must say that I now officially have a "STUPIDLY" loud system in my house when I have the desire to crank it up. Subs keep up no problem and just pump out clean, chest punching, wall shaking bass. Not sure I'll ever put 800+ watts to each one.

Lovin these RL-P's all over again. GREAT product and customer service!!!!! :OhYeah:

Edited by mlstrass