Sign in to follow this  
jt321

(2) FI Q's + (2) 1000.1?

Hey just wondering how (2) FI 12" Q's and (2) kicker 1000.1 will sound in a 3cuft total sealed box will sound?

Thanks, John

Probably compared to (2) kicker cvx.. i get accomadations on kicker chit, so ill go with their amps, but everyone here runs kicker subs.. But i heard so many good things about FI, you know i gotta try it out :)

Id recommend a little smaller enclosure. I normally like to run the Q12s in about 1 cuft after driver displacement. Gives you a qtc of .72 and good sq. 1.5 is on the larger side of things with a lower qtc than most like.

Thanks,

Scott

if i was you i would run a ported box it will give you more output and sound about the same.

if i was you i would run a ported box it will give you more output and sound about the same.

You will find the Q's are much more SQ orientated then the CVX. Kicker tends to be more towards SPL. I hear the Q's get very loud tho!

You'll be happy with the Q's. Alot of ppl down here run kickers too, and everyone is always amazed with my Q's. The Q's, in the comparison I can make, were louder by 2 db's. The kickers were ported but were only getting 1200w rms to the pair. My Q's are sealed and getting 1700w rms to the pair. Also the Q's beat the cvr's on the lowend, hands down. IMO they are 2 different classes of subs.

i previously had 2 12 cvr's. they sounded alright but my new 12 Q is extremly louder and more durable then what they will ever be. Q's can push some massive air and mine shakes my truck apart

You'll notice difference in SQ with a ported box. The Q still sounds good either way. I've found that quick passages tend to not be as sharp in the ported box. In the sealed box, it was dead on at any volume level.

That will be an amazing setup, you will come to fall in love w/ Q's just like the rest of us who own Q's, Im pretty sure, pretty much everyone who has bought a Q has loved it unless they have it in a crappy setup or arnt gettint ther #'s they want.

Wes

Sign in to follow this