probillygun

Sound splinter RLi-10 true power handling

I want to use 2 RLi 10s in a 1.5 cubic foot net sealed box with 1800 watts RMS power on them @ 1 ohm.

Will the subs handle that kind of power being that are only rated at 500 watts RMS?

Also, what size voice coil do these subs have?

Thanks,

Bill

IIRC, they have a 2" coil.

And you could run 1800w to the pair if you're really careful with them, but I'd just gain them down some.

The RL-i's in many installs are taking more then ratted power and holding up just fine. Great sub IMO, and if you are smart with gains and don't push them past the limits you will be fine.

i've hit mine with ~500w

i've hit my rl-i8 with 1700wrms. it surely didn't like it though, lol. 900 per sub is probably a bit much, but liek mentioned above, if your easy on the gains, i'm sure they'll live.

personally, i'd stay in the under 750 range with them.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'll echo the sentiments already expressed. While I've seen responsible people use amplifiers rated for over 1000 watts on a single RL-i Series driver without incident, it is certainly not recommended and could put the drivers 2" coil at risk if you are not careful. 500 watts per driver is all you're ever going to need for them to get pounding near full potential... and a measly 150 watts per driver will still get them to sound quite respectable.