Sign in to follow this  
Mathman

Which setup would you pick?

What would you pick  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these two setups, what would you pick?

• 2 15" BTL's powered by 2 Kicker 2500.1's
    • 4 12" BL's powered by a RF4000.1
    • 4 12" Q's powered by a RF40001

This will be going in the bed of a truck and using a blowthrough. After much consideration, I decided to downgrade my system a little, well, halve it to the above. All 3 will be in a ported enclosure obviously. I listen to everything, but mainly rap and love some good SPL. SO, what would you do and if you want, why......

Would go with 4 15's all around, but dont wanna lose my entire bed of the truck. 4 12's can fit straight across with ports on the top.

Edited by Mathman

i chose the 2 btl off of 2500.1 cause that is more than enough bass for your ride. i used to have 2 orion 2500 on 2 btl's and they were loud. i have 2 memphis 4kw's on my 2 btls now btw.

I'd go with the four BL's.

If you have the current I voted two Kickers.

i would go with the 4 Q's thats the only set up your going to push the sub's, unless you plan to upgrade the power then ill go with the bl's

Wow, almost a three way split decision going on here. Can easily tell some people favor the SQ of the Q's over the SPL of the other two.

Cone area advantage goes to the 12s

they should all sound good...

i think i would do the 4 12" Qs.

if i was wanting to build a more hella-ground pounder i would try 4 12" BLs and 2 t4000bd. its not TOOO much further away. you would just kinda need to double up on your electrical system... :)

if i was wanting to build a more hella-ground pounder i would try 4 12" BLs and 2 t4000bd. its not TOOO much further away. you would just kinda need to double up on your electrical system... :)

x2

or if this is too extravagant I'd do 4 12" BLs on 2 2500s.

Wow, almost a three way split decision going on here. Can easily tell some people favor the SQ of the Q's over the SPL of the other two.

Whoa whoa whoa who said Q's don't have SPL :coolugh:

SPL is install dependent IMO and the Q's are right up there....

To me the decision is based on install and power...

The loaded BLs can handle more power but need a ported enclosure only

the Q's are more flexible and can go sealed and ported but limited to i would say 1200 base line or 1500-1700 with BP option... BLs loaded can probably go up to 2K

So gotta think about enclosure and power..... That decision will affect SQ and SPL of the subs.... BOTH subs have SQ and SPL.... the difference is if you looking for an SQ set up then Q's have the potential to maximize SQ set ups while still delivering some decent SPL.... if your looking for SPL then the BL has the potential to maximize SPL results while still having decent SQ...

remember key word is potential...

it's not as easy as dropping in a BL in a ported box and then dropping the Q in the same box and hearing a HUGE difference in SPL or SQ...

with the right power, settings and enclosure based on EACH MODEL SUB you can get the MAX POTENTIAL out of each sub..

Edited by theabunai

Can easily tell some people favor the SQ of the Q's over the SPL of the other two.

Considering you listed your music choices, I didn't consider SQ as part of the equation here...might as well go for the woofer with a more peaky response, and have the most cone area possible.

Right now, I am actually planning the 4 BL's. If money permits for more electrical upgrades, I will bump it up to 4 BTL's hopefully. Like anything in life though, this decision rests on the shoulders of my girl.

I voted for 2 BTL because I always liked 15 than 12 and also a one amp to one sub setup... if that matters to you.

But if you would go with 4 BL and 2 RF4000.1 than I wanna vote again.

i see a lot of your reasons for the 12" subs, but none really for the 2 15's which are in the lead...hmmm.

Cover all the bases 4-15s.U got your 4-speakers & they're 15s.

That isn't a setup its a substage :(

Been off for a while due to military training, always fun. Anyway, what I am probably gonna settle on is 4 15" BTLs run off 2 RF4000.1's....at least until I can get my hands on two more of those amps. Then I will push 4k per sub roughly.

I would do four Q 12's and give each a sundown sae-1000d or saz-1500d.

Sign in to follow this