Sign in to follow this  
mmb2

10" Q Install in 06 F150 ..... LOTS OF PICS!!

Ok finally got my FI 10" Q's installed, here is what i have

2006 F150 Supercrew

Head Unit - Kenwood DDX-7017 Screen

Amp - MA Audio HK4000D

Subs - 10" Q D2, no upgrades.

2 headrest monitors and a PS2

Wiring

0/1 Gauge to amp power/ground

8 gauge to speakers

a mile of audio/video cables :)

Box is .5 CF Sealed per sub, everything is contained under back seat! i did have to lift the seat

2.5" with a high rider seat kit.

BIG thanks to Nick for helping me get some serious bass in such a small package!

rear.jpg

10Q.jpg

box_build2.jpg

box_build.jpg

amp.jpg

amp_volts.jpg

speaker_terminal.jpg

seatup_install2.jpg

seatup_install.jpg

q_pound.jpg

seatdown_install2.jpg

seatdown_install.jpg

TVs_3.jpg

TVs.jpg

Looks really nice. Keep us posted on how it sounds when things get broken in some.

Thanks,

Scott

That turned out nice!

As Scott said keep us posted :)

looks very nice my friend.

very nice work

Great looking truck and install. I knew I should have bought one of those.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Scott, Nick i'll keep you posted, i am loving it right now! it is exactly what i wanted and then some. Many Thanks

do u like the set up? i have an 04 crew and im looking at what things r gonna cost me. how much did the amp, box, subs, intsall, everything cost u?

do u like the set up? i have an 04 crew and im looking at what things r gonna cost me. how much did the amp, box, subs, intsall, everything cost u?

I love my FI system, these 2 tens are just stupid loud....(for me anyways!!) my dash flexes my steering wheel moves around the outside body panels flex. And they play VERY LOW as well, i cant describe how good they sound but maybe this will help, my wife has a 12" MTX 5500 in her car and dont even want to listen to it because the bass sounds funny/strange after hearing music with FI, the MTX wont play nearly as low, i never knew what i was missing!

as far as the cost the Q's were standard price no upgrades on mine (and they are taking 1500 watts each all day long!) a good amp will run around $500-600 i got mine from ebay, the seat lift kit was $150 google LMI high rider kit, and the box - install i did myself, i just fabed it up in the truck while i was making it, i kept each sub in a .5 cf chamber after displacements (as per Nick!!) i also kept 2" from seat bottom to top of box so i can play it full tilt with the seat down, also you need to leave around an inch on the bottom of the speaker for the cooling hole (if you look at the bottom of my box you will see the square cap i used to get more room)

I have recently upgraded my stock 5x7's as well you will not be able to hear them when the subs are broke in and the bass is up!

If you check out F150online.com look into the speakers and subwoofers section of the forum a lot of people have been squeezing 12's into our truck, but you loose the room for PS2, and your seat wont fold up and down.

I love my FI system, these 2 tens are just stupid loud....(for me anyways!!) my dash flexes my steering wheel moves around the outside body panels flex. And they play VERY LOW as well, i cant describe how good they sound but maybe this will help, my wife has a 12" MTX 5500 in her car and dont even want to listen to it because the bass sounds funny/strange after hearing music with FI, the MTX wont play nearly as low, i never knew what i was missing!

as far as the cost the Q's were standard price no upgrades on mine (and they are taking 1500 watts each all day long!) a good amp will run around $500-600 i got mine from ebay, the seat lift kit was $150 google LMI high rider kit, and the box - install i did myself, i just fabed it up in the truck while i was making it, i kept each sub in a .5 cf chamber after displacements (as per Nick!!) i also kept 2" from seat bottom to top of box so i can play it full tilt with the seat down, also you need to leave around an inch on the bottom of the speaker for the cooling hole (if you look at the bottom of my box you will see the square cap i used to get more room)

I have recently upgraded my stock 5x7's as well you will not be able to hear them when the subs are broke in and the bass is up!

If you check out F150online.com look into the speakers and subwoofers section of the forum a lot of people have been squeezing 12's into our truck, but you loose the room for PS2, and your seat wont fold up and down.

ya i love ur set up i wanna do the same thing. the 04 and 06 are the same dimensions in relation to the back seat room correct? could you make another box like yours and id pay you for it. cuz from what people have told me it is expensive to have one made at a car audio store

UPDATE: Well it has been 2 years now and the subs still pound!! the carpet on the box is starting to look a little raged... time to redo it I guess!

I am very happy with these subs, they still sound awesome - deep bass and very clear.

Thanks again FI

I will definately purchase again for my next project.

so your subs have enough room down there? will they hit the bottom of the seat if the seat is down and you have them turned up?

Well another update!! Closing in on 5 years and all is good! I beat these subs all day long and love them! Truck is starting to get old so it's time to shop for a new truck now..... I think I am going to put my amp in my pontoon boat and do a single 15" install on the boat!!

Thanks again Fi

Great job with carpeting the box. I always have trouble with that :(

Sign in to follow this