shooter69

BL and L7

Hey guys, quick question.

Do two 12" BL's have enough balls to beat out two 12" L7's?

I have a friend that is dead set that it can't happen since he has never heard of Fi.

Did I tell him wrong by saying that the BL's could out do the L7's?

Thanks,

-Sam

na u didnt l7 are chit..dont like kicker. i had a l7 and blew that beotch within a month..dont like square subs..bl's rock. i just ordered one it comes tommorow. cant wait...BL should stand up against the L7 pretty well if not better!!! GO WITH Fi DUDE!

will do. iv been counting down the days man! lol. just got to be careful wth them cause they excursion alot so give them room you know! you ordering some Fi's?

Gonna be workin over the summer to get them. NOBODY in this town has them, or even heard of them. So I'll be blowin some heads off with 'em.

nice dude.u def. gonna be blowin some heads off...other people are gonna be rollin with like chitty rockfords p1's and u gonna be comin down the street with a BL lol..you def gonna be popular dude. what are you thinking about ordering???

Two 12" BL's, gonna put them in a 4.2 ft^3 box. Tuned to about 32 hz or so. Ran off of a T10001.bd each.

nice dude thats gonna be tight. im gettin a single BL 15" daily. still lookin 4 the right dimensions to tune my box. im thinkin around 3-4.24cuft. not sure wat to tune it to. do you have any suggestions??

Hey, bro, if you have msn messenger, add me paintball_182@hotmail.com we can talk some more, but I have to roll outa here so I'll talk to you later. Thanks, man.

In the proper hands, the L7 is not that bad of a woofer...

As far as your original question goes, it's going to depend on the install. Completely.

Absolutely agree with JimJ on that one. L7s have the ability to get REALLY loud... so you will have to have a solid setup.

Alright, I don't mean to be hating on Fi, but...

the L7 runs about $230 (free shipping) bucks off of techronics.

the BL (with cooling option and shipping) runs $400.

The BL rms' at 250 watts more than the L7.

Is it because the L7 is square? I mean, almost half the price, yet it can keep up with the BL?

Like I said, guys, I'm not meaning to hate, I would just like some info on why this is so!

Dont start comparing online prices to MSRP. If you really want to compare prices you need to compare MSRP. In that case the L7 and the BL are similarly priced.

Ok, so they are similar in price...

Is it the square shape that is giving the L7 the advantage, here?

I would say that's tough. The install/vehicle will be a huge factor. My bros BL 12 is much louder in a drop in situation that his L7 12, but that's different than in the proper box. My L7 15 was hitting in the low 140s off a bxi2006d in the proper box tuned around 32hz. My btl off the same amp was hitting high 140s (just short of 150). I would say the BL might handle more power which might give it an advantage, but I beat my L7 up and it still played fine-so I don't know. As far as price, the difference is you're buying a mass produced product from an online dealer, vs a sub custom built to fit your exclusive needs from the same guy who designed them. Customer service is 2nd to none with Fi. That's my thoughts.

Edited by tejcurrent

The car that the L7's are in, here, are in a cavalere (haven't a clue how to spell it) and the BL's would go in a Ford taurus. Each L7 is in it's own separate box that have the kicker logo on it with aero ports. They are also being ran off of an alpine V12.

never heard the bl's but i do know my buddy has 2 l7's off i believe just a kicker 1200.1 and they slam

Kickers get pretty loud but I don't like how it sounds. Plus, I hear that the L7s aren't cheap to fix in case something goes wrong.

buy the Bl's

Put them in a recommended enclosure

hook up those two Rockfords to them

then sit there while your head is vibrating and when the lows hit hard as hell ask yourself if it was worth the $170 dollars more ...

Well I have owned both, and after having both IMO the BL does a better job then the L7. The output is pretty close but I would still give it to the BL, now SQ there is no question the BL is much better then the L7.

Thats just my opinion.

Alright, I don't mean to be hating on Fi, but...

the L7 runs about $230 (free shipping) bucks off of techronics.

the BL (with cooling option and shipping) runs $400.

The BL rms' at 250 watts more than the L7.

Is it because the L7 is square? I mean, almost half the price, yet it can keep up with the BL?

Like I said, guys, I'm not meaning to hate, I would just like some info on why this is so!

Can you RECONE a L7...???

Can you RECONE a L7...???

I've heard that Kicker just sends you a whole new sub...at an additional cost. In fact, I installed a pair of L5s that were replacements for a pair that they guy blew in a prior install. He had to pay $300 or something. Not entirely sure of the entire story.