SSSnake

Need a Recone for an Avalanche 18

OK guys when SQ competitors jump into SPL the results can be less than favorable... I was running a sweep before my SPL run and got down to 37Hz @ 138db when I hear the noise that everyone dreads... the cone bottoms out. I reach for the volume knob but the face on my 9861 (non-motorized) has fallen down (can't control the volume with it down). Anyway to make a long story short ... the former for the voice coil pretty much exploded and now I need a recone. With Ascendant Audio's website now a one pager contacting Chad is going to be tough. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with him?

BTW-This is one of two Avalanche 18s and the other sub is still playing fine. Which kind of complicates things... the recone needs to match the original cone pretty accurately. Thanks in advance.

OK guys when SQ competitors jump into SPL the results can be less than favorable... I was running a sweep before my SPL run and got down to 37Hz @ 138db when I hear the noise that everyone dreads... the cone bottoms out. I reach for the volume knob but the face on my 9861 (non-motorized) has fallen down (can't control the volume with it down). Anyway to make a long story short ... the former for the voice coil pretty much exploded and now I need a recone. With Ascendant Audio's website now a one pager contacting Chad is going to be tough. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with him?

BTW-This is one of two Avalanche 18s and the other sub is still playing fine. Which kind of complicates things... the recone needs to match the original cone pretty accurately. Thanks in advance.

Contact FI maybe. How much power was going to those?

Yeah man, shoot an email to sales@ficaraudio.com, and we will get you squared away.

Thanks

Shawn Fleming

Fi Car Audio Tech

I have 4 81000Ds on the pair. The gains are low but it was still a LOT of power.

I think that I found a phone number for Chad but I will try FI as well.

Shawn, you've got mail :)

If you can shoot me a phone number. I would like to talk to you about the last paragraph in the email.

THanks

I got my recone from Fi today. I must say GREAT service. Two thumbs up for Fi customer service.

I got my recone from Fi today. I must say GREAT service. Two thumbs up for Fi customer service.

Cool, did they do an exact recone, or beef anything up?

Cool, did they do an exact recone, or beef anything up?

Nothing beefed up... We had the discussion but it seemed to be a non-starter for a variety of reasons.

After I posted this I re-read it and the last statement seemed negative toward Scott/Fi. That wasn't the case at all... Scott spent a lot of time working through potential areas for upgrade but each area always ran into a technical problem that made it more trouble than it was worth.

Edited by SSSnake