Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

Interest in pre-ordering 8's?

Ah, gotcha. I'll be looking forward to the emails about the 8's, 12's, 15's, and anything else! :)

Anything else????!!!! Do tell!!! :boink:

hey me and my friend went to one of those places that read the future and stuff with crystalballs and cards.

went for the heck of it to see when he would get his next girlfriend lol.

well i decided what the heck and asked how much a 8 inch magnum D2 is gunna cost.

she said exactly "145.95" per Midbass. and get this she said midbass not speaker or sub lol, when she has no clue what it is.

was she anywhere near the right ballpark nick or did i waste 10 bucks? :ugh:

Edited by allConfused

would it be ok to make a thread in other forums to check for the intrest in 8 inch magnums? im sure not just the people in here would like to put there say in.

If everything works out OK, your psychic friend's price was too high. :)

But keep in mind these will not be 8" Magnum's. We'll call them something else if they come out (hopefully they will).

ohhhh yeah!! snap into a 8" SI driver!

ok that was real corny, but I am excited about these drivers. Hope all goes well and they get in the making. Especially for around that price.

Will these out perform the RE8s. I had 6 of those and was left, less than enthused. I wouldn't mind giving these a shot for fun though. The REs sounded fine really, they weren't as amazing as I had been led to believe is all.

Alex

I don't think these 8s he is speaking of is going to be sub oriented. I could be wrong, but I think they are going to be more mid bass oriented. atleast that is how I read it. we will see.

I too have read how impressive RE 8s are, you didn't like? what was laking that you didn't like about them?

It could have been my box, but for the life of me I could find nothing wrong with it...

It just wasn't dynamic enough, very peaky...I was tuned to like 35 hz. I should have tuned down at 30, thats probably my problem. When they were peaking though it was LOUD.

For 6x RE 8s I would have done 3 ft^3 tuned to 25Hz... at most 4.5 ft^3 with the same tuning. High tune was probably your issue.

Werd! Bangin the doors of the Cut apart. :slayer:

SI 8's WILL DO SUB DUTY...

What Clarke said. They will do both subwoofer and midbass dusy. I think I already said that...nope, I guess not.

They will be a subwoofer that just happens to sound incredibly good up in the midbass/lower voal range. It it literally a dual-purpose driver. We are going to be calling them subwoofers, not midbass drivers.

mark me down for "Interested!" :)

:D

i am very interested in these. how will the output of these be compared to say 1 12" D2. I would be interested in putting 2 of these in the rear deck to replace a 12" d2 since my BMW trunk is so tightly sealed and blocks so much bass from the cabin. Would these do well in an Infinite baffle setup or no? any IDEA what the power handling will be. These sound great im sure many people will buy these seeing how the D2's turned out and seeing how well Resonant did with the RE 8's

I would love a single one for a mid bass, but now that I think about it I am not sure where I could fit one in my cabin, my rear deck on my car already has 2 speakers and 2 port cut thoughs :unsure:

A pair of 8's cannot/will not replace a 12" unit, period. The 8's would need about 50 mm of excursion in order to do so. If you don't have enough bass from a single 12, dual 8's aren't going to solve your problem.

Sounds like an interesting speaker .. dual duty.. flexable.

I'd love to see mini-claw baskets .. now that would be very nice.

The Hammer

Edited by TheHammer

Sounds like an interesting speaker .. dual duty.. flexable.

I'd love to see mini-claw baskets .. now that would be very nice.

The Hammer

HEll yeah!!

Interested............Are they gonna be DVC??? I may want a bunch for the truck to do a "big" install.

J

If everything works out OK, your psychic friend's price was too high. :)

But keep in mind these will not be 8" Magnum's. We'll call them something else if they come out (hopefully they will).

Call them 'Junior Magnums' :D :D

Oh and stick me down for some of these. :slayer:

NICK WE LOVE YOU :D !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :slayer::slayer:

hmm i have no idea where i'd stick them but i'd definitely get a pair. i might end up using them in my moms car or something....

go ahead and make them nick... you've got my blessing. btw... can i be an SI rep? haha or can i at least have a sticker?

Who wears pants?