Sign in to follow this  
rabidmechanic05

dd1510s

my friend was lookin to get some subs in his stang. his cousin suggested DD's and he found some 1510s for 140 a piece. he wants a good sounding sub and still be able to break 140. ive never personally delt with DD and was looking for some opinions on how these sound and how loud they get. thanks

he wants a good sounding sub

Then DD is not what he should be looking at.

A Mustang is not a cavernous space, there are plenty of drivers out there that are very accurate and will break 140dB given the proper install.

I wouldn't really go with AB either if he wants something to sound good...but it depends on how picky he is.

While both of your choices should allow you to hit your db goal they fall flat on their face on the other end of the spectrum.

Look into the AQ SD2.5's. I'm running an HD and the SQ is fine for music/daily and it gets loud. SQ is only a fuzz behind the

RL-P's I ran before.

While both of your choices should allow you to hit your db goal they fall flat on their face on the other end of the spectrum.

The DD 1500 series actually sounds really good. What would I compare them too, idk yet as I have yet to come across a sub that is as tiny and fun as the 1508, but than again I would take my TC oem's over it anyday. DD has decent sq, obviously not Fi Q, or Rainbow aura sq, but sq greater than what you can find in a big box store none the less. My major qualms with DD is the customer service and never-ending backorders on equipment. Another suggestion would be the SSA ICON.

a pair of TC sounds OEM 10" woofers would only be 350, shipped within the continental us.

I

think some of the best sounding SQ subs to ME are the SI mag, the Fi Q and I am willing to place my money on the SSA Icon as well....

If i know Aaron and Mark the SSA icon can put some decent numbers up and sound pretty damn good doing it....

Price wise.... You may have to spend a little more to get a little more...

all the subs i listed to me easily OUT PERFORM their worth in terms of money...

Plus The customer service on all three are a hell-uv-ah lot better/personalized then most main stream brands...