meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

DSC02919.jpg

DSC02920.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02923.jpg

DSC02924.jpg

DSC02925.jpg

DSC02927.jpg

DSC02929.jpg

DSC02930.jpg

DSC02931.jpg

DSC02932.jpg

DSC02933.jpg

crossovers officially DONE. Doors, A pillars officially DONE :)

hoopty project......not done :(:D

looks nice! I actually thought you would be putting more power on the subs though, But I suppose no matter how big the amp is it is still a 4-channel amp and only has soo many terminals...Looks awesome meade and I'm sure it's unbearable to sit in and crank.

This build log never ceases to amaze me. Your workmanship is unmatched!

Keep up the good work.

looks nice! I actually thought you would be putting more power on the subs though, But I suppose no matter how big the amp is it is still a 4-channel amp and only has soo many terminals...Looks awesome meade and I'm sure it's unbearable to sit in and crank.

nope, we had the T15k for the subs originally........we bought the second cuz we wanted a matching mids/high amp. I am splitting the amps into left and right though.......this way they both share the load when the subs start demanding juice instead of one amp struggling while the other cruises on tweeters LOL. Basicly one amp is left (subs, midbass, midrange, tweet) the other is right (subs midbass midrange and tweet).

it sounds spectacular and its still flat on the 3sixty.2 :D sounds like an outdoor concert, it just screams! Im about to make a short vid to show you guys......gimme' a few :D

Edited by meade916

This build has yet to not amaze me. You do some incredible work. Im gonna be disappointed when this build is all done :( . any more projects from chicken coming your way?? *cough cadillac xlr cough*. pure sexyness in my oppion.

just made a video with rock instead of rap....some of you will appreciate that more :D

uploading now ;)

Does anyone know what was used to coat the outside of the box?

Im curious as to the process of this, where it can be found, and the price.

I currently on a build inside my car and since I cant wrap the box in carpet I would like to do something similar to mr.meade.

I'm not quite sure, however it looks like Rhino Lining(Truck bed liner) or some kind of undercoating

wasnt feelin good at all last saturday and sunday so i didnt do much.......woke up monday feelin pretty good. Ill be back at it.....lots of little stuff to do now that the hardcore part is done :)

here is what the seats are starting to look like. Its just the bottom, the back part is done but we need to get grey or black seatbelts before it can go back together......i was supposed to be on that last weekend but like i said, i didnt do much. Soon, you will see the rest but here is a teaser of how the seats are coming out :)

taken with camera phone so quality isnt as good......but good ENOUGH.

IMG00177.jpg

IMG00178.jpg

incredible... can't believe your puttin up those numbers for a D.D. in THAT vehicle... Props to that!

how much money total u think u are gonna spend steve???

im not sure how much of CHICKENS money im gonna spend, but its a lot :D

incredible... can't believe your puttin up those numbers for a D.D. in THAT vehicle... Props to that!

thanks :) not bad for being tuned to 30hz and having lovely sounding mids/highs to go with it :)

i'd love to see/hear this thing in person, doubt i'll be going to cali anytime soon though, but if you or chicken make way to texas im all over it

I hope this works out, here is my cardboard mock-up of what i have in mind.

sorta secret spy pics.....taken with cell phone so low quality :D

IMG00182.jpg

IMG00184.jpg

that was during last week....

small update:

Friday i went and chilled at Chickens pad after work and didnt do anything. Saturday i went to the Grass Valley show, I drank beer afterwards and chilled out again :D So i only worked today but i put a long day in :D 55 pics, may not SEEM like much but it was a lot of work.

first thing is first. The amps draw a ton of current during warm up so i want one of the remotes to be switchable from up front so he can warm one up at a time. Its just easier on the electrical system especially if its idling during warm up. I also am running wires so i can turn the PowerMaster charger on from up front that way he can plug it in and THEN hit the switch (for those concerned with the plug location) :D I also ran some extra wire just in case for the future so i can just tap in if i need to rather than run new wires. Im planning for expansion :D

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03091.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

DSC03094.jpg

DSC03095.jpg

DSC03097.jpg

DSC03099.jpg

Had lots of bare metal to cover and the stock plastic will come in handy....but only after i butcher the hell out of it :D

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03101.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

You cant just do trim in this situation without some sort of support...time to frame it out. As you can see its all plumb and level (well you cant see the bubble but trust me on that)

DSC03128.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

DSC03130.jpg

DSC03131.jpg

DSC03132.jpg

DSC03133.jpg

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03136.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

Ugly as HELL right? just wait :D take notes its a pretty cool way to find difficult curves, just hash it together. Overlap it, tape it together whatever you gotta do....pull it out and then trace it clean. See the next 2 pics...

DSC03138.jpg

DSC03140.jpg

DSC03141.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03143.jpg