meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

i also did some experimenting with some extra boards, and some framing on the inside. I had a few pieces superglued together in the shape i wanted and when i pulled on one piece to get it to "meet" i broke it apart no big deal i know how i want to do that area now and that sorta decided my next mission.

The baffles will be removed next and reinforced like CRAZY. That will be this next weeks project. AFter that i put it all back in and finally glue and attach it all together. Right now im just makin sure what i do is gonna work then its FULL throttle ahead. Keep your eyes open for this one Gonna be a LONG project but as long as i do something every day it is good enough for me.

Looks awesome man :D:)

If the seats out the caddy need to find a new home let me know, i've got a street rod thats itching for a set of those rear seats :)

damn that pic of it in the rear really shows just how big that amp is...

It looks like a freaking suitcase...

If you don't mind posting Steve what is the electrical gonna be like

extra alternator, Batts runs of 0/1 etc etc

Wow that is an interesting design for an amp....

Keep them pics coming man

im not gonna post a bunch of pics but this shows how big this amp is, im 5'8" this is in the back of the rockford fosgate demo truck, escalade esv

211029_326_full.jpg

the amp doesnt require a *HUGE* electrical system this truck had a bunch of speakers and 8 15"s and had kietik to start anbd 3 kinetiks for the amp with a upgraded alt.

these 3 powered the amp

211029_324_full.jpg

sorry for the thread hijack meade.

back to chickens lac

This thread brings a tear to my eye. It's so beautiful....

Besides show value, I am wondering a little bit about why not a couple amps to put out more power that would be a bit more affordable than this one. Like the RF 4000s you have, why not 4 of those? I guess the way it's jaw-droppingly sexy, so who am I to question.

I'm sure it's going to be amazing, can't wait to see some vids- maybe some numbers?

I am wondering a little bit about why not a couple amps to put out more power that would be a bit more affordable than this one. Like the RF 4000s you have, why not 4 of those? I guess the way it's jaw-droppingly sexy, so who am I to question.

I'm sure it's going to be amazing, can't wait to see some vids- maybe some numbers?

He answered this on his own forums a few times...it's because this amp is so rare, that the "WOW Factor" of it makes it worth it. I believe he compared it to owning a Ferrari vs. another car with mods; the Ferrari is more impressive due to its rarity.

plus i believe it is less strain on the cars electrical cause of a specific design on the amp...

It's also on the link he posted...

It is very impressive though

plus this is more of a show truck than all out SPL competition monster...granted this should do some extremely sick numbers but i can tell this truck is all about the WOW factor more than anything and a 15kW fits the bill just right

i still dont see how there is enough room in there for that. minimum for the 18 is 5 cubes, thats 40 cubic feet JUST for the subs, then add on what the port is going to take up, then think of where that amp is going to go, batteries...................

Sorry, didn't read his thread. I just moved into my new place and its been 3 weeks and the cable company still hasn't come out to hook up my internet. Borrowing the connection from the neighbor 2 houses over= slow connection=longer load times=less reading. ;)

Anyway, it'll def. be a sight to be seen. If that caddy's turning into a 2 seater I think those subs will see enough space. If he can get around 20ft in the back of his yukon (without a wall) and still have the middle left, then there's no reason he can't get 40 out of a wall. You can fit 2 batteries under the hood with almost no effort if I'm right (atleast thats how the older ones were.)

im glad to see a few of you actually read what i post sometimes :) :) people get things twisted and usually the story ends up WAY off. You guys are on it though.

Yes there is 20 cubes BEHIND each set of 4 subs (before port, and sub) so 17.5-18 after displacement maybe even less when you guys see what i do next. Shouldnt be too bad.

yes i could have gotten any amps i wanted, less money more power for sure. But there is something special about the T15k. Its HUGE, its RARE, its (now) $25,000 msrp, and for putting out 16,142RMS it should only draw 350 amps at any time. That i know of, no other "civilian" has one.......i think maybe Rockford and a shop somewhere? I dunno, i know i have serial # 0003 and i dont think they made too many more then that :D

anyway this should be interesting! last nite i organized my work area because i hate working in clutter so tonite i should get some progress. Dont expect too much at a time though its gonna be a long build!

hey Saltine: ive never experienced this amp other then having possesion of it.....does it sound like ungodly power for only 3 batterys or what? Im almost certain chickens hoopty will be louder than that truck in the pic, well im hoping anyway, but regardless....does it sound like it has some potential?

can't wait to see how this turns out!

sweet man!! Cant wait to show you!

we went through that story of the preproduction amp on your site and what happened to it. but when we cranked it up for the 5 minutes or so those 8 15"s pounded pretty damn hard, and coming from RF they have the 360.2 in there and it sounded real clean. i got small shirt trick standing in the door jamb

the volt meter hardly moved with the truck at idle on that little electrical system. its an amp that doesnt need overkill

that demo truck was basically a suburban with the wall behind the middle seats and 2 small ports, but it still hit pretty damn hard

i saw that demo truck in one of the parades in metairie on severn it was deff loud. bass traveled very far. but im sure the caddy will slam harder considering 8 FI BTL'S WILL BE IN THERE!! ur ears are dead.

ok its gonna be alot of build pics and nothing too fancy but this is just part of what i have planned.......

DSC09423.jpg

we took an entire sheet and cut it into 6" Strips.....

DSC09424.jpg

DSC09425.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

my man DAve helpin me.....cant get enough nicotine :D

DSC09428.jpg

DSC09429.jpg

Laminated together with good old TiteBond II

DSC09430.jpg

DSC09431.jpg

DSC09432.jpg

DSC09433.jpg

DSC09435.jpg

DSC09436.jpg

DSC09437.jpg

DSC09438.jpg

in case you cant tell, this is to reinforce the baffle, it is only part of what im going to do......it should be VERY strong when im done :D