meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

who needs subs wt a door like that :P

Yeh right, def. want to see a vid with the 8 18's not on. Those doors are soooo sick!!, how about lambo hinges?? works well for everyone peeping the ride during a show. oh wait, this isn't a show car it's just the loudest daily driver in the world, forgot....LOL

took the doors to my upholstery guy.......next week i get pricing on some black leather and hopefully he can start real soon.

After sanding on those, for some reason i decided to start the A pillars. I told myself i wasnt gonna touch them till after the doors were done but something came over me...

Rockford Power 5 1/4 componant set....

IMG00051.jpg

IMG00052.jpg

IMG00055.jpg

IMG00056.jpg

IMG00057.jpg

IMG00058.jpg

IMG00059.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

IMG00062.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02090.jpg

no resin tonite...im about to go get some bran new socks and draws........a new white Tee right out of the package and head up to Chickens to party :D

its all coming together = D

cant wait til its done

nice work steve

B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! 5 1/4's very nice very big.

YOUR AN F&*^IN MAD MAN STEVE............ you know i lay awake atnight thinkin if i can only with the lotto, ill get inline for a SMD custom LINCOLN haha. looking sharp as allways steve YOUR THE MAN

awesome build, so we gonna see this thing in some bass race competition?? or maybe SBN??

thanks!!! i dunno bro SBN is a STRIKE from cali :D

i couldnt help it i had to see what they looked like inside the car :D

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

I'm just curious, hehe, none of us here could afford something like this, like bigjon said, it would be a dream system for his lincoln, hehe.

Anyway, when realistically planning a setup like this for daily, safety and reliable decisions must be made and somethings make me curious as to what needs to be done to a vehicle for prepping since it will be driven.

First off, Air ride suspension.

Is this the only type of suspension capable of holding all this weight?

I ask because when i was researching for my car, not only is it required to get Coil overs for increased weight up to a certain point but also different type of tires for the added weight as well.

I do not know the weight rating for upgraded coil overs from any brand but is Air Ride the last resort when it comes to this type of install and how would one know it's weight threshold rating?

Does a vehicle suffer from extreme loss of MPG or horsepower? I've always feared this when thinking about extreme designs.... but your designs are far greater then my ideas, lol.

You've came a long way, I remember you before SMD's website was even created and it's amazing what you've done. You're not even a dedicated competitor yet you are probably more popular than many competitors are, that's priceless.

thanks man :D

ok, Airrides werent invented so people could get gangsta with it and do front, back, side 2 side........airbags were made for weight. He just happens to be able to do FBSS if he wants to ;) It will be fine trust me. This thing lifts like it doesnt even know it has this much weight in it. Chicken doesnt drive his cars much especially his toy cars. He can drive it every day if he wanted too but he wont. Ill drive it more then he will. MPG and loss of horsepower mean nothing......i mean we plan on supercharging it but MPG dont matter, it is just a toy.

anyway thanks again :D

Edited by meade916

Got the HushMat the other day and today i installed about 100 sq feet of it. Boring pics but PROGRESS pics so dont bitch :D

i need to get all of mine in :suicide-santa:

insane work steve

whats the deal on the interior, like console and dash.....going to stay the same color or match the doors? or doors going to match the interior?

Amazing work as always steve, to put something together of this size is insane. I mean, who puts (8) 18s in anything, lol? Loving those doors and esp the a pillars, Rockford Fosgate Power series FTW, nice job. :)

insane work steve

whats the deal on the interior, like console and dash.....going to stay the same color or match the doors? or doors going to match the interior?

thanks!!

i think the doors will be black leather (not vinyl or pleather but leather :D ) to match the interior we are planning........id like to do the A pillars with the same black leather. The dash will have to be dyed black....shouldnt be any more tan in the cabin when were done with it :D

damn this post got buried fast :D

just a few pics so you guys know im stayin busy......there is 11 speakers in each door and i wanted to make the door panels easily detachable if they need to be removed. Pulling each and every speaker out and taking the wire off each one would be a pain in the ass so i decided to get some 9 and 12 pin molex plugs to make the wires detachable. They are all crimped and soldered...its gonna take FOREVER and what i am about to show you, i have to double that tomorrow because thats only half the job...

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02306.jpg

some nice Rockford Speaker wire...damn near endless roll :D

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

DSC02315.jpg

DSC02318.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

DSC02317.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02326.jpg

DSC02328.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02335.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

tomorrow i finish the door plugs and then i need to make A-Pillar plugs since those need to be able to be easily removed too....

haha, thanks :)

too bad thats only the female end of 1 door :D gonna take 22 "pins" for each side which converts to 44 pins since i need male and female... not to mention 8 (16) for each A pillar.

if i just kick back, watch some TV and chip away at them (like last nite in my living room), eventually ill get em done!

haha, thanks :)

too bad thats only the female end of 1 door :D gonna take 22 "pins" for each side which converts to 44 pins since i need male and female... not to mention 8 (16) for each A pillar.

if i just kick back, watch some TV and chip away at them (like last nite in my living room), eventually ill get em done!

Same with anything man.

I love that Idea and I plan full well using it when I set up my rig. You ar e amaster of your craft, it's all those little thinsg that make things actualy work right. What people see is what amazes them but it's what they don't see that allows it to happen.

I go to your forum and keep up to date on all yoru projects, not that from me it's some serious award, but you should be pretty damn proud. good job man.

You have probably inspired many guys to do some pretty inventive things...