meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

this is gonna be sweet.

Side note, I just signed up on smd forum. Lookn good over there

That little kid sure can do wiring installation. I bet he's better than me.

The amp look sick though.

Btw Meade maybe after you done playing with the BTL, can you put one Jackhammer in there and just to know that its crap anyway.

haha im seeing 170's!! but putting in 8 18" BTLS sideways is goin to be a feat in itself. Steve, all your work has inspired me greatly, you are my actual hero and good luck mayne!

we all got to look out for your son cause hes gunna be killin competitions, and the next step to get even louder would have to be a nuclear warhead ported in the cargo area haha

Edited by johny24

i did a ton of stuff today, not just the caddy but this still took a few......its now glued in place and screwed in with some fat ass screws......

DSC09440.jpg

DSC09446.jpg

DSC09447.jpg

DSC09448.jpg

DSC09450.jpg

DSC09452.jpg

DSC09463.jpg

You are my car audio Idol Mr. Meade, if I ever get seriously into comps, etc. Maybe in the near future.

oh and around how much does a project like this cost your customer? curious

Edited by BassPlayer

I heard a RF T15k. It was actually in the back of a different Escalade. It was powering 12 sealed 10" RF T2s in a wall behind the back seat.

Heres a quick look at it. The guy actually lives relatively close to me.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galam...Picture1003.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galam...Picture1004.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galam...Picture1005.jpg

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/galam...Picture1006.flv

He was actually playing it at moderate volume pretty much all day long with no problems. Just a battery charger hooked up since it was indoors.

As for your build, lookin great. I cant wait to see it finished.

added some 2x3's and due to the way the box is designed i was only able to get the small 1 1/8" batten on the top and bottom. It works great though because when building a box inside of a car you need to screw from the inside out.......they will work perfect.

DSC09474.jpg

DSC09474-1.jpg

DSC09475.jpg

DSC09476.jpg

DSC09478.jpg

DSC09479.jpg

DSC09480.jpg

now you know what time it is here :D

PIC-0050.jpg

DSC09485.jpg

29oz Mat

DSC09482.jpg

DSC09486.jpg

DSC09487.jpg

Some Black Pigement.......makes it look better then the awful brown

DSC09496.jpg

DSC09497.jpg

DSC09489.jpg

DSC09488.jpg

DSC09491.jpg

PIC-0056.jpg

PIC-0057.jpg

PIC-0058.jpg

Ok so this looks like just an ordinary sheet but its not just a sheet, its sheet #5.

PIC-0059.jpg

PIC-0060.jpg

PIC-0061.jpg

PIC-0062.jpg

DSC09502.jpg

DSC09503.jpg

DSC09501.jpg

Burrito stopped by to chill and gave me a hand.......time to sammich the top board to the baffle.

DSC09504.jpg

PIC-0065.jpg

PIC-0066.jpg

DSC09505.jpg

DSC09506.jpg

DSC09507.jpg

Ok thats it for tonite...

How much does that thing weigh?

the amp or each panel? The amp is 200 lbs.........i dont know how heavy the panels are yet but they arent light thats for sure :D

steve I am learning a lot on these forums and i would like to hit up some of your experience...

Question is when the subs face each other like that will there be any negative or positive effects... like when one sub pushes out will it have any effect on the sub on the opposite wall ?

thank you for your time and knowledge...

dude Meade when its all finished, you should one side at a certain frequency and the other side a phased wave of the first side. That would be wierd with 8 18s lol

not much of an update......the new batterys should be here any day and i also have a Hush-Matt sample on the way and if i like it ill order up. I need to take the enclosure back apart again and deaden the entire cabin or at least the rear half before i can permenently mount the box. Told you guys this is no rush job......i have my civic to finish as well as my house is getting a make-over by my Dad and Brother right now. (new stucco) If i want a new stucco job on my house for free then i have to be their burro (mule) while its being done, thats part of the deal :D So that being said ill keep you guys updated but i have a few things going at once....

Here is just a couple pics

The top of the box will have a layer of 2x3's plus the mdf board that mounts up there. I thought this would give it some more stregnth plus give me something to attach the top piece to.

PIC-0095.jpg

PIC-0096.jpg

i got other pieces "mocked up" and ready for install but again, im waiting on my damping material before i can go further.....

here is another thing i handled as well. I tinted all the rear windows 5% over the factory 20% (i think its factory 20).

just like my Hoe, you can not see inside even if you put your nose on the glass :D

PIC-0102.jpg

PIC-0103.jpg

i think the pics of the side windows are on my other camera, these are all from my cell phone....i dont have the cam here on me.

more pics as i make more progress of course :D

Great build log! Ugly truck.

Needs more tint!

i feel you........its a caddy, most would kill for, even me.....but it does need an update on the look. I plan on stripping the spinners off like i did on the EXT. I plan on putting some new 24's possibly, and for sure a roll pan. Its also gonna get painted and interior handled. It should look clean when im done. :D

You've got to talk him into different tail lights and grill. Also the decal on the windshield is pretty bad.

I know you have an eye for that stuff, but not all vehicles owners do :(

i would love to know what you do for a living to be able to afford all that.

You've got to talk him into different tail lights and grill. Also the decal on the windshield is pretty bad.

I know you have an eye for that stuff, but not all vehicles owners do :(

settle down man..

those pics are a few years old. For sure the sticker is going........dont know about the tail lights. The grill is fine. Maybe ill change it, maybe i wont, it looks fine to me. Its not stock. Dont worry, ill decide what looks best and if you dont agree youll probably hook yours up different. We dont all have the same taste.