meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

a few pics.... just a bunch of boring wiring :D here it is..

ok first up is the alarm.

i purchased a Viper 5900 and this man came by and worked till 11pm on it....as mentioned, he did a kick ass job!!

DSC05796.jpg

DSC05794.jpg

DSC05795.jpg

DSC05797.jpg

DSC05798.jpg

after the removal of the ABORTION of an alarm that WAS in there, this is what was left..

DSC05799.jpg

DSC05801.jpg

DSC05802.jpg

DSC05803.jpg

DSC05804.jpg

DSC05805.jpg

DSC05807.jpg

DSC05811.jpg

now on to the 12,000k HID headlight install.....Lows, Highs AND fogs! These things are the chit! Also VERY easy to install!

here is the BEFORE, stock.

DSC05893.jpg

DSC05894.jpg

DSC05892.jpg

DSC05903.jpg

DSC05904.jpg

DSC05906.jpg

DSC05909.jpg

DSC05912.jpg

DSC05915.jpg

DSC05919.jpg

DSC05925.jpg

DSC05925.jpg

DSC05926.jpg

DSC05933.jpg

DSC05946.jpg

DSC05943.jpg

DSC05945.jpg

DSC05942.jpg

side by side....before and after

12k.jpg

now my camera doesnt show EXACTLY how it looks in person......but the 12,000k is bright white with a purple tint to it.....no blue at all. I wish i could replicate it, but its so bright the camera doesnt know what to make of it LOL. You can see it hits the ground white as hell.

ok MORE misc. wiring.....there will probably be another relay in the mix but here is 7 - i also didnt want to use toggle switches so i went all remote. This is a pretty dope little setup from Oznium.com :)

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

DSC05949.jpg

DSC05951.jpg

DSC05952.jpg

DSC05953.jpg

DSC05954.jpg

DSC05955.jpg

DSC05956.jpg

i bought another remote and box so there will be another one in there soon. It should be here tomorrow. I posted these to show i have been working a little and not just sittin on my ass all day :D

I have that same alarm. Don't ever drop it the case will split. Other then that, great alarm. Nice HID's as well. Maybe next time your in AZ, you can show me how to install those in my truck. :woot:

yup im getting VERY close :)

here is a few BORING pictures that if i didnt show you guys, you would think it just wired itself up :D These remote controlled buttons RULE, F@CK toggle switches!!

DSC05961.jpg

DSC05962.jpg

before install i checked each and every wire to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to.

DSC05965.jpg

DSC05967.jpg

DSC05969.jpg

oh and BTW every one of those wires was solderd and heat shrunk (as usual) :)

Basicly its like this:

Remote 1

1: Amp 1 remote amps turned on one at a time due to current draw during "warm-up" The remote from the deck triggers the relay and the wireless box supplies the power when the button is hit. In other words, even though the wireless turns the amps on, it STILL needs the deck to be on for that to happen.

2: Amp 2 remote same as number 1

3: Air Compressors so they can be disabled (and dont come on in the middle of the night for example)

4: Disables the Switch-box so if he or someone else drives, it cant accidently be triggered. If you have ever hit a switch unexpectedly, or had the box fall on the floor and trigger it at 65mph, you know what i mean.

Remote 2

1: Blue LEDs and Digital Voltage Display on/off

2: Onboard PowerMaster Intellecharger on/off (eliminates the danger of having an outlet by the gas tank. Plug it in THEN turn it on with the remote)

3. Carputer Hard-Shutdown (in case the carputer freezes up he will be able to turn it off and reboot. The PC is buried so there will be no access to the button.

4. N/A - Future use....

Wow that looks like a pain in the ass! haha good job on the caddy steve! looks sick as hell.

Nice job on the wiring!

small update.... B pillars needed to be in before the crossover rack and the crossover rack needed to be in before the wall trim.....and all that has to be done before the console gets bolted down. Well, the B pillars are done...i have a small mod to the old "handle" thing that is mounted right at the top but that wont stop me from getting the interior put back together. I also have Kick panels to wrap which will be no problem. A few misc. items to take care of and its ready to drive out for brake install and a little more interior (rear doors, rear hatch). Chicken wants to buy his own new rims - so im not dealing with that at all.

Im getting REALLY REALLY close :)

DSC05973.jpg

DSC05976.jpg

DSC05977.jpg

DSC05978.jpg

DSC05979.jpg

DSC05980.jpg

DSC05987.jpg

DSC05983.jpg

DSC05984.jpg

DSC05989.jpg

DSC05990.jpg

Center console is IN the truck and bolted down!! Here is the Carputer all mounted and wires cleaned up.

DSC05998.jpg

Wow that looks like a pain in the ass! haha good job on the caddy steve! looks sick as hell.
Nice job on the wiring!

thanks!!! :) :)

Is that computer going to make it mounted right there??? Should be some good vibration testing :D

ya.....its been there the whole time :)

ive actually had that thing jump an inch off the floor during testing and it didnt freeze up or anything - with the console around it, it should be ok....i hope :)

I love watching your builds..very inspiring

Man, that's got to be exciting to have it almost done. 1.5 years about, right? Anyways, awesome as usual. Your hard work is an inspiration to us all. :P

So its been a few pages since i've commented. Those L.E.D.s DAYUM. I had been wondering what you were gonna do with the back of the console. The HIDs nice touch. I don't prefer the purple but i'm sure it looks awesome. Also i was wondering about the computer. Does it have a solid state harddrive or a conventional one. J/W. As usual amazing work steve. Hopefully one day i'll get to come up and see it or just shake your hand.

here is a little something i made to show how the caddy is coming along. Everything is bolted in i just have a few items to buttom up before its ready to hit the street (for more work :D)

anyway it just shows how everything works including the remote switches, internet, LED's etc......shows the interior a little better when its in motion compared to the pics i post.

anyway, if you have time to watch here it is :)

oh and this thing DOES pound!! sounds incredible doing it too! Not much slap in this vid though sorry!

DSC06084.jpg

DSC06085.jpg

of course MORE relays........

DSC06086.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

DSC06088.jpg

DSC06089.jpg

wiring of COURSE is all nice and ziptied clean......i didnt get a pic sorry!

DSC06090.jpg

DSC06091.jpg