meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

i dunno if u thought of this or not.

but u might want to put some rubber bushings or something to try to weaken the bass pounding your carputer.

all that bass cant be good for the hard drive

you know how solid a hard drive is....?

im just saying, im sure it will take it for awhile but over time it will take its tole on the drive

just trying to help i could be wrong, just some ideas, but i bet steve being the bright and talented man has already thought of this

slight update...still waiting on the (custom tailored) bottle-sock for the nitrogen bottle. I decided to get the Kick panels wrapped tonite. I know i might make it look easy but DAMN this chit is no joke. This isnt no cheap ass vinyl that basicly melts into place, this stuff is stiff one way and stretches a LITTLE the other way.

Anyway they are ugly before they are pretty but here goes.

DSC06237.jpg

DSC06238.jpg

DSC06239.jpg

DSC06240.jpg

DSC06241.jpg

DSC06242.jpg

DSC06244.jpg

DSC06245.jpg

DSC06247.jpg

DSC06250.jpg

DSC06251.jpg

DSC06252.jpg

Lookin' smooth Steve :)

here is todays SMALL update. Nick-nacks getting closer and closer to being done. Door sills installed today, the ones that i flattened out (used to say Cadillac and had a raised "grip") and i had my man Chris finish the smooth and paint for me. After wrapping the kick panels and running the visor monitor wires, i was FINALLY able to button both sides up. I still have little things to do but i am VERY close! Again i hope to get wheels and brakes on this thing within the next few weeks.

Bear with me here, its very hard to get a nice picture of something that is BLACK. Ill do my best though.

by the way if you dont know what a door sill is, its that shiny black piece right under the seat and runs between the B pillar and kick panel.

DSC06267.jpg

DSC06270.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

DSC06278.jpg

DSC06284.jpg

DSC06285.jpg

here is the vid links to my day yesterday......took the Caddy up to see Papa for some shown and tell.

keep in mind this has been in my "work area" for 2 1/2 years and actively being built for 1 1/2 of those. Thats why the vid of it moving is so "strange"

Any though to taking the Roof rack off?

Maybe white LED in the cabin light instead of the stock halogen too.

More progress.......guess what the hoopty went in for tonite :D If all goes well (no problems) she will be back tomorrow.

DSC06347.jpg

DSC06348.jpg

6 Piston Calipers is teh chit!!

DSC06349.jpg

DSC06350.jpg

DSC06352.jpg

DSC06355.jpg

16" Rotors like hoola hoops

DSC06353.jpg

Custom "bottle bag" Tailored up by Sean Kat my interior guy! He did a GREAT job, just the way i invisioned it! As you can see, the FUGLY bottle that you get when you exchange them in will ALWAYS look good now!

complete with a zipper FTMFW!!!

DSC06365.jpg

DSC06361.jpg

DSC06362.jpg

DSC06363.jpg

DSC06364.jpg

Sean Kat my awesome interior guy! The man behind the sewing machine!!

DSC06368.jpg

As you can see, it is in the shop for the night i dropped it off this evening after work :)

DSC06369.jpg

DSC06370.jpg

That is just plain out sick. I need to get my money up and throw some of those on my suburban

thanks.....oh and on the price, i dunno i lost track over a year ago LOL!!

here is more pics of the brake install.

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

DSC06386-1.jpg

Lookin Good :)

Anyone ask for a demo up there?

houston, we have a problem....the 26" wheels arrived but the STYLE of them does not let them fit over the big ass caliper......gonna need some different 26's. To be continued

here is a few pics anyway

at Gearhead Garage

DSC06374.jpg

One of Gearheads projects

DSC06375.jpg

DSC06381.jpg

DSC06382.jpg

At Sonnys Liquer.....rippin it up

DSC06383.jpg

Takin off the old rim, lets DO IT!

DSC06385.jpg

Brakes lookin sexy at least

DSC06386.jpg

Doesnt fit - back to square one. See how the spokes go back into the rim and makes that deep ass dish? Thats where it hits the caliper FTL!!!

DSC06387.jpg

hey at least MY rims fit :)

DSC06388.jpg

no bueno on the 26s fitting huh,...bummer

ok this one confused a few people because i didnt really talk about it too much. It is a Nitrogen bottle.....it is used for the air system (suspension). You know that annoying sound you hear when i hit a switch and lift the truck? Those are the compressors filling the air tanks. With Nitrogen, that doesnt happen (as long as the bottle is full that is). Basicly you drop a regulator on it, turn it to your desire, in this case about 180-200psi , and just go. Not only does this eliminate the compressors from kicking in, it also, IMO (from experience) is more stable. Its a molecule thing :D thats for another day....anyway here it is goin in. Of course when the bottle runs out, the compressors STILL work and will kick in, filling both tanks in back AND the nitrogen bottle (although full of air).

first pic is a repost from a few days ago, but a refresher so you can see how ugly the tank is (they always get exchanged in so chroming or painting isnt an option)

DSC06365-1.jpg

Here is the spot, i HATE to cover up the xover's like this but i had no choice. You litterally cant bring anything in this car unless its in your pockets so there is no room anywhere else :D

DSC06404.jpg

DSC06406.jpg

DSC06407.jpg

DSC06409.jpg

DSC06411.jpg

DSC06413.jpg

DSC06415.jpg

DSC06417.jpg

DSC06418.jpg

DSC06419.jpg

DSC06420.jpg

DSC06421.jpg

DSC06422.jpg

DSC06426.jpg

DSC06427.jpg

lots of pics of differnt angles but its hard to show you guys in real life how it looks....this still doesnt paint the correct picture. It looks and works GREAT!!

got Quad alts today from my man Dominick.....bracket is following right behind. Cant wait to get them in! More then likely wont get the bracket till the end of this week but its good to get the Alts! THANKS DOM!!

DSC06455.jpg

DSC06456.jpg

DSC06457.jpg

DSC06458.jpg

DSC06459.jpg

it will be nice because the opening charge on the T15k's is so brutal, i cant wait to have that HEALTHY 14.4v during "warm up". These are all 220a alts because higher "at idle" charging is necessary due to the technology in the amps. ONce they are charged they arent as demanding as the damn first charge of the day.

more pics when the bracket arrives!