MikeJ

We need a review please

I would like to see a ICON review please :) I have 2 10s in my car right know but I am thinking about trying something new and these look nice. The thing is I need to know how they preform sealed. I like the sound of a sealed sub. I am thinking of 1-12 or 2 10s not sure if I can come up with the money for 2 10s. I do have 800wrms to give what ever I go with. I want it to be musical but want it to get loud when I ask it to. Right know I have 2 Phoenix gold RSd 10s sealed and they sound nice to me. I have had RLi 8s sealed, Rlp 12 ported and a RE SE12 ported. How would you compare them to all of the above.

Thanks for all your help,

Mike J.

Edited by MikeJ

We are going to let the performance speak for itself. The ICON has only been out a very short time, and there is not enough people that own it yet to give a review, but relax there will be some very shortly.

We are going to let the performance speak for itself. The ICON has only been out a very short time, and there is not enough people that own it yet to give a review, but relax there will be some very shortly.

How would you compare it to the RLp 12 I know you have use 1 in the past. 2nd with only 800wrms which way would you go 1-12 sealed or maybe 1 10 ported. I do like the sound of sealed. But I trust what you have to say I have not been around in a while but I have taken your advice in the past.

Thanks MJ

How would you compare it to the RLp 12 I know you have use 1 in the past. 2nd with only 800wrms which way would you go 1-12 sealed or maybe 1 10 ported. I do like the sound of sealed. But I trust what you have to say I have not been around in a while but I have taken your advice in the past.

Thanks MJ

I have not tested the ICON against my RL-p. I love both subs, but they are somewhat different in design, I do have a triple stack RL-p, but after that they really don't share much in common. With 800watts, that is plenty for both sealed or ported. After some testing and box adjustment for sealed design, I really like the ICON 12 in a .9 to 1.1 cube box. The pair of 10's ported would be a good mix of output and SQ when space is an issue. They are some of the beefiest 10's out now.

Thanks MJ

I have not tested the ICON against my RL-p. I love both subs, but they are somewhat different in design, I do have a triple stack RL-p, but after that they really don't share much in common. With 800watts, that is plenty for both sealed or ported. After some testing and box adjustment for sealed design, I really like the ICON 12 in a .9 to 1.1 cube box. The pair of 10's ported would be a good mix of output and SQ when space is an issue. They are some of the beefiest 10's out now.

Is 800wrms total enough for 2 10s ? I like my amp and until it pops I dont want to buy a new one.

IMO... in your case, a single 12" or 15" would be ideal.

What load does your amp output 800W into?

Thanks MJ

Is 800wrms total enough for 2 10s ? I like my amp and until it pops I dont want to buy a new one.

It is enough, the ICON does not need loads of power to do the job. But I feel a single sub might make more use of the power as stated by Scott above.

My amp does 800wrms from 1-4ohms.

Is that a JL amp (they have regulated power supplies)

Mike J I would do a single 12 man...

GET IT DO IT AND WRITE A REVIEW MAN...

I fully trust Aaron and Mark to put out a quality product backed by the SSA name...

Heck i am seriously contemplating a single SSA Icon 10 for my wifes Acura TL AFTER i get my sundown amp from Aaron he he...

gonna put 500 watts to it (with a first generation Soundstream Rubicon 500)

just so she can have some bump in the rear...

heck i may get a sundown 100.2 and bridge it to the SSA Icon...

The amp in his avatar is a PG Xenon 600.1

That would be the one:)

ill be reviewing the 15, i will receive it most likely thursday, then the build on saturday, and saturday nite and sunday to review on various tracks....

3 cu ft box tuned to 35 hz powered by a SoundStream PCA 2000d

Edited by ripper

My review won't be for over a month.

Heads up

4iCON 10" subs

VS

8 10" Dual red plastic cone subs

VS

A un-named set of 15" subs.

this is an experament for the ages.

Jordan

Guys just a heads up, the ICON will take a little bit to break in. So if you are doing a review, make break it up into 2 parts. Initial and full.

i will have a icon and review up shortly as well!! with term lab numbers to boot!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i will have a icon and review up shortly as well!! with term lab numbers to boot!

:OhYeah:

If I am lucky, I may (small but growing chance) be heading your way sometime between July 9 and the 23rd. I'd love to hear it if possible, I will know more on my schedule later.

well im going to review at different watts. Ill go with half the way up with the amp, and 3/4s the way up to test its limits.

A review would be helpful, hopefully I can buy two 15's for a VW bus this summer, from there I would love to write a review.

If I am lucky, I may (small but growing chance) be heading your way sometime between July 9 and the 23rd. I'd love to hear it if possible, I will know more on my schedule later.

I might have to go up to MN next week! IF thats the case how far are you from the big town? Not sure how long i'll be there though :puzzled::puzzled:

sweet! if you make it down, you'll get to audition it. let me know bro.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I might have to go up to MN next week! IF thats the case how far are you from the big town? Not sure how long i'll be there though :puzzled::puzzled:

I am 20 minutes from the airport, 15 minutes from downtown, and really, really close to Lake Minnetonka.

I will be flying to NC on Monday and returning Wednesday. Depending on when you are here, let me know!

well bad news, just heard from the buyer of the car I was gonna deliver, he's gonna have it shipped, so I dn't have to make that treck of a drive....would of been cool to meet you though.