Sign in to follow this  
nimbyfaygo

I need recones!

I'm looking to recone two LA storm X1 10's. I want to use 12's instead. So what I need is two 12in baskets, and two recone assemblies that fit in the 3HP gap.

I haven't been able to find out anything about the gap, other than its a 3in coil. But I saw at CA that you guys reconed a 3HP neo.

What series coil fits? Thats the question. As it is right now, I have a Fosgate 1000D on each sub, so dual 1.4 or 2ohm coils would be what I want.

I can say that they will be going in a 5cu ported box. (thats the largest I can fit in my car.) And I'll be using them for daily.

IIRC The motors have to be machined to fit the baskets...so you'd have to send them in to get it done.

IIRC The motors have to be machined to fit the baskets...so you'd have to send them in to get it done.

My brother in law owns a machine shop. I'm pretty sure that he can do any machining that needs to be done. All I need is a basket and soft parts.

Edited by nimbyfaygo

My brother in law owns a machine shop. All I need is a basket and soft parts.

cantact PaP ask for john he has everything your looking for....

http://pierceaudioproducts.com/forum/index.php

You just simply need to drill and tap 6 holes on a 5" diameter and the standard baskets will bolt right up. From there there are a dozen different coils that we have that fit. They can be tweaked for SQ or SPL or just about anything in between.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this