ANeonRider

Misinformation needing correction

I could care less what they think being that they haven't used the amp... fact is the amps sound great. Just as good as any more expensive amplifier I have ever owned. Independant reviews indicate the same as well.

I'm sure you could tell them till your blue in the face but they aren't going to change their mind.

What most people don't realize is that some amps can look similar but be completely different just from the quality of components that are used in the amp. Now I haven't got to use sundown amps yet (I'm planning on some) but just from seeing reviews, the customer service, and the warranty let alone trying to give a .5 ohm warranty only having to take it away because of users not being able to use it right.

Sounds to me like a great company that has a great product and is willing to back it up.

I hate people who make claims or say things and don't have an ounce of proof but what someone else tells them..

Fuckers.

Oh I see how it is, Aaron gets around the curse filters...

As far as the sundown review...I have an SAE-1000D and I love it. The only time I've gotten it warm was the day it was 90 degrees and my car was sitting in direct sunlight all day...turns out my trunk gets a little hot :P

Edited by Big E

Oh I see how it is, Aaron gets around the curse filters...

yeah, he's the admin....can kinda do as he fucking wishes, ya know? :fing34: hehe

and jacob should go kick their collective asses. i understand why he doesn't, wish i had that kind of restraint, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

You tell em Aaron.

I think they need to look at pricing again? they are compairing $3000.00msrp amps (over priced crap) to a $399.00 4 channel that lets face it ,if you were to switch their amps out with sundown ,with out them knowing it they would never know.I think they should come to my shop were I can sell them a fancy named foreign amp for $3000.00 or what ever there dumb $%%$ will pay for it.

Most of the amps they were discussing (DD,US,SONY , JBL )ARE MADE IN KOREA OR CHINA or have parts made there.

If I could reach through the screen I would Bit$% slap their dumb A%@. Hell I own a shop and have found through the years that it's more important to have good wiring and components. :bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag:

Everbodys an EE. They sure can tell a lot from a picture.

I posted my two cents about it. That is all that can and should be said, IMHO.

that was an excellent response jacob. not that it's going to matter, evidently if it doesn't cost $5k in parts, it's not high end.

anyway, i think your response was the right one to make.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Bottom line is the internet is the internet. People are scared to try new products. And on the internet they have the ablity to turn there nose up at any products that they have not used or I heard a guy who heard a guy type attitude.

I have used tons of high-end gear and IMO the Sundown amps that Jacob is building ( And Yes I say Building, because he decides what parts are used to perform the way he wants them to ) will without a doubt hold there own with the "High End Gear" at more then half the price.

Bottom line let them pay 3K to get the same results. :) looks good on them.

i do agree on the response that high-end does refer to the best of the best, that being said i believe there are amps out there better than the sundown 100.4 i own. I dont disagree with that response. However, it comes down to performance for your money, do i see justification in buying some zuki, mac, or brax amp for 2500$ for that little bit diff in components and sound then you know 400$ for a 100.4 or what not and have a kick ass amp with kick ass performance and one of the best and reliable owners who provide amazing customer support. The answer is it is absolutely ludacris is spending the extra 2g's for something not far from the 100.4 or equivolent.

That why my signature is made to the signature it is, representing the companies i feel have proved themselves to be above and over the norm in providing an amazing product and backing it up.

So saying that.......

Jacob anyone come to you trying to sell a 100.2 for them..... i just made some money from poker tonight, in the market now for the last and final piece atm to finish off the 4 amp setup.

Mike-

Some people are audio snobs who seem to get the most enjoyment from waxing poetically about their "high end" equipment and the crazy price tags. Others just buy quality equipment and enjoy the sound it produces.

This site if full of the latter, and it's obvious what the other site consists of.

I do agree that you made a very nice showing for yourself and your company, but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears. Perhaps you could make an "elite" version of some of your amps. Anodized a different color, clear top, and 10 times the price. Then maybe they'd be "snob worthy" LOL

BTW....my 2nd 1500D is on the way from SSA, so YES I'm a very satisfied repeat customer who spreads the word whenever I can.

Personally I would have to say after myself testing audison, brax, arc audio, tru, sinfoni, genesis, focal, DD, soundstream, alpine, zapco Diamond d7's, etc. I have yet to prefer anyone of them over my eclipse ea4000, save for the tru amp which was a tube amp. I know that when I finally make the purchase that I will not be upset or un-satisfied with Jacob's product. I had a audison lrx400.1 before my saz-1500d. Along with blowing up a z1, DD m1, eclipse xa1000 and several other amps and love my sundown more than any of my previous subwoofer amplifiers.

I guess my point is that with the proper tuning amplifier's should play little to no audible difference in any setup period. If you can hear a difference, than one of them is distorting the sound you are trying to re-create. An amplifiers job is not to color sound just increase volume through increasing power.

Edited by audio-neon