Sign in to follow this  
stevew007

Z1 VS strapped 1500's

ok a freind of mine came down and i ran some 8 gauge to his z1 to my car.

my car with 1 nsb-90 and 4 runs 0 gauge did a 150.7 @ 1ohm on the TL

my car hooked to the z1 with high output alt a nsb-90 and kinetik 2400 2 feet from the z1 did a 150.2 @ 1ohm

we did get 1 test @ .4 ohm and it did a 152.2 but did'nt have enough time to mess around because we needed to recone his xxx's

but i will be adding a very large battery to my system to see if i can't get my amp's to do .4 ohm for a show on saturday and i will post number's later this week

Sundowns don't have anywhere near the reliability issues experienced with the Z1 either :)

Sundowns don't have anywhere near the reliability issues experienced with the Z1 either :)

that was another reseaon i stopped playin it @ .35 :coolugh:

Z1's are incredible amps, no doubt. Until the break, which they will, and it takes a year to get it repaired by DD. A lot of shops that carry DD are just carrying the subs and picking up an amp every now and then because of supply issues. The shop I work for carries the entire line of DD subs, and recommends Sundown amps to power them.

Z1's are incredible amps, no doubt. Until the break, which they will, and it takes a year to get it repaired by DD. A lot of shops that carry DD are just carrying the subs and picking up an amp every now and then because of supply issues. The shop I work for carries the entire line of DD subs, and recommends Sundown amps to power them.

:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: I would have to agree with this post. Z1's are strong but will break no doubt .I am a DD dealer and won't use there amps. I just changed to Sundown and their amps work great with some power to spare.

Plus I don't think they are manufacturing the z1's any longer because on my latest price sheet it is not listed! Only the Z2's are listed? Any other dealers noticed this?

I refuse to buy a product from a company when called about a repair, refuses that they ever made a DD m1 amplifier (you know the black with silver stripe very similar to sundown amp cases.

I refuse to buy a product from a company when called about a repair, refuses that they ever made a DD m1 amplifier (you know the black with silver stripe very similar to sundown amp cases.

You need to talk to someone else... Heh. The Z1a amps are pretty sweet, but the previous Z1's did have their issues.

You need to talk to someone else... Heh. The Z1a amps are pretty sweet, but the previous Z1's did have their issues.

It has taken me 2 months to get them to even acknowledge the fact that my DD m1 was made by them. All to get told that I would be better off sending it to united radio for them to fix it, as it would take much longer for DD to fix my amp. The only issue I have is that it emits rf noise through the woofers, and clips like a whining virgin biotch... no matter how low the gains are.

I loved the amp before it broke.

ok a freind of mine came down and i ran some 8 gauge to his z1 to my car.

my car with 1 nsb-90 and 4 runs 0 gauge did a 150.7 @ 1ohm on the TL

my car hooked to the z1 with high output alt a nsb-90 and kinetik 2400 2 feet from the z1 did a 150.2 @ 1ohm

we did get 1 test @ .4 ohm and it did a 152.2 but did'nt have enough time to mess around because we needed to recone his xxx's

but i will be adding a very large battery to my system to see if i can't get my amp's to do .4 ohm for a show on saturday and i will post number's later this week

ok i put in the big battery and got one good test @ 1/4 ohm it did a 152. but with only a limited supply of power the 1500's did not like it @ all.I have run .5 ohm strapped with one 10" and they did just fine. super product can't wait for the 3000's.

for me the strapped 1500's are just as powerfull as the DD Z1 ( before you guy's go bashing this is my testing)

let's bow are head's for a second of silence! the z1 is no longer it blew up with out even being hooked to woofer's. he said it burned up while he was driving down the block. wow glad i did'nt borrow it from him

Uh oh... hope your friend has better luck getting it repaired than most folks do.

Sign in to follow this