Sign in to follow this  
Vicious

Bull****! I got a ticket today.

In the damned school parking lot!

Some guys wanted to take a listen at my Magnum 15" so I started up my car and cranked it up for about 10 seconds or so of solid bass to let them see just how clean and loud it would go, and then a few minutes later a cop pulled into the parking lot and got out to have a word with me.

He said when he drove by it was playing at an "unreasonably loud level" and that he turned his car around to investigate it. He went back to his damned car and wrote me a ticket for disorderly conduct. I told him that I didnt think there was any reason for me to get a ticket because I always keep it turned WAY down in residential areas and late at night, and that there was nobody around for it to really bother when I turned it up for all of 10 seconds there in the parking lot.

He didn't even give it a second consideration, just handed my ticket to me and drove off (and btw, he asked for my liscence and registration--both of which I had-- even though I was sitting there parked in a parking lot).

Great, so now I have to call the courthouse tommorow and see just how much I owe for this stupid thing and to see if there is anything it can get amended down to (and also if this will take points off my liscence/jack up insurance <---which will piss me off even more).

Stupid fatass old man with a badge :wacko:

In the damned school parking lot!

Some guys wanted to take a listen at my Magnum 15" so I started up my car and cranked it up for about 10 seconds or so of solid bass to let them see just how clean and loud it would go, and then a few minutes later a cop pulled into the parking lot and got out to have a word with me.

He said when he drove by it was playing at an "unreasonably loud level" and that he turned his car around to investigate it. He went back to his damned car and wrote me a ticket for disorderly conduct. I told him that I didnt think there was any reason for me to get a ticket because I always keep it turned WAY down in residential areas and late at night, and that there was nobody around for it to really bother when I turned it up for all of 10 seconds there in the parking lot.

He didn't even give it a second consideration, just handed my ticket to me and drove off (and btw, he asked for my liscence and registration--both of which I had-- even though I was sitting there parked in a parking lot).

Great, so now I have to call the courthouse tommorow and see just how much I owe for this stupid thing and to see if there is anything it can get amended down to (and also if this will take points off my liscence/jack up insurance <---which will piss me off even more).

Stupid fatass old man with a badge :wacko:

Welcome to my world...I've had 5 in the past 2 years.

depends on what state u r in. but usally it isnt ne points on your lisence or raise your insurance. its a non-moving violation. u should be able to fight it unless there is a noise orderance (sp) in the school parking lot. but im sure it gets a lot louder at sporting events

damn! you poor guys! i've never heard of anything like that happen here in the UK!! a passing copper might tell you to turn it down, but i've never heard of anyone getting fined for a loud install! maybe they are too lazy to do the paper work if they book someone lol

Suddenly I'm glad I've known two of the local cops from they were snotty little kids, hehe. I've got so much dirt on them I doubt they'll ever fine me over a minor thing. Never heard anyone who got fined for bumping music around here, and there are some serious SPL maniacs in the area.

The reason is probably that too many controll freaks and misfits become cops...

I had so many of them at the beach, :wacko:

and was that a Dustin spotting? :o

It won't be a hit on your liscense or insurance because it isn't a traffic ticket. It's the same kind of ticket as jay-walking and has nothing to do with the car. You could get the same ticket for throwing a loud party. It's usually called "Disturbing the Peace" but it's the same thing. Basically if the cop thinks you were being too loud (stereo, yelling, etc...) he can write you a ticket. It's kind of a catch-all category. Sounds like this one was pretty unreasonable, though.

dude that sucks. it really sucks down here in ohio because the cops can take your whole system. and belive me thats not just something they say to scare you they actually do cuz it happened to a friend of mine

dude that sucks. it really sucks down here in ohio because the cops can take your whole system. and belive me thats not just something they say to scare you they actually do cuz it happened to a friend of mine

I live in Ohio also and i never heard of that happening. When cop goes buy we see who can turn it up the loudest. All they usually do is laugh. Although i have got a written warning for a noise violation cause we were having a competion in my driveway and to many people were complaining. But the cop stayed and hung out for about an hour with us.

If you roll by a cop and look at them the wrong way they'll write you a ticket over here. :huh:

For real... they are all members of the communist party... or something.

I heard that happening in Akron. I live in Canton and the cops don't give a chit.