galacticmonkey

New BTL Videos

Well, I went to a dbdrag today and competed in Bassrace. It was so damn hot outside! It was closing in on 120 degrees! Noone was metering... Just about everyone was down 2.5-3.5dbs. I was such a dumbass I played my subs when I got there and ended up having to go meter with drained batteries and my subs were pretty warm after demoing for like 30 minutes. My score sucked balls, only a 151.5 in bassrace. Oh well, it will be better when the conditions are better, and it might help a LITTLE when I know where my car peaks, and Im not playing some random song. Should also be louder when I play with my amps. My gains arent even 1/8 of the way up, the SSF is set to about 40-45hz (my box is tuned @ 35hz), and basically everything is just set so I wont blow any subs.

Anyways, heres some videos and stuff from the competition.

th_Picture031.jpg

th_Picture035.jpg

Unfortunately I didnt snap a pic when it was at 118!

Picture037.jpg

The 151.5 got my 2nd anyway... Not bad considering first place was Jethro Eason, who has 24 12" RE SEs, and 20,000rms of 02 amps.

Picture040.jpg

Aftermah. Complete destruction.

Picture041.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Edited by galacticmonkey

Glad things are rolling along again... looks brutal as all h*ll!

.. jethro didnt win.. i did !!

ok.. i won cuz jet started early... OOOPS !!

so i lucked out....

yeah it was hot as hell..

your right on my ass now g-monk.. looks like i did a to good of a job reconing your subs.. maybe ill use less glue next time...

boy ..i shot my self in the foot building you something louder than me.. well almost...

hahahahah

great to see you so a great score !!

150 + on music is no easy task !!

wellcome to the big boy class !!!

lil-john

so i lucked out....

your right on my ass now g-monk.. looks like i did a to good of a job reconing your subs.. maybe ill use less glue next time...

boy ..i shot my self in the foot building you something louder than me.. well almost...

hahahahah

lil-john

You won? I didnt know! Thats badass dude!

And yeah, the recones look badass. At least now I know exactly what to do if I ever need to again.

We gotta find a termlab and both practice some bassrace when its not so rediculously humid and hot. We'll be tearin New Port Richey up!

sweet...

that chit hits hard man, mad props. especially for making the comp after all the work...

maybe a dumb question, but in the first vid, is that drivingreckless standing at your door?

so i lucked out....

hahahahah

lil-john

You won? I didnt know! Thats badass dude!

And yeah, the recones look badass. At least now I know exactly what to do if I ever need to again.

We gotta find a termlab and both practice some bassrace when its not so rediculously humid and hot. We'll be tearin New Port Richey up!

Both you guys, come on up!

Hey Shawn, whenever I have some spare time, I might drive up to Gville for the day. You can help me find out why the BTLs have a little bit of a hard time with the power.

And maybe I can use the TL too? :coolugh: