Clarionlover

sundowns 1500 vs kicker 1500

Well here you go, I happen to be very cool with Yuli. So I hit him up and asked him about this test. Turns out it never happened. So who is telling tall tails.

Re: Hey There

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smartass

Hi Yuli, I would like to know if you have tested any Sundown 1500W amps and what your test revealed. Someone is stating you did a test with a pair and I have no clue if you did. Could you please verifiy

Thanks bro

not true. i've never even seen one.

Steve,

Interesting indeed. I find it a bit ironic that he is accusing Sundown of fabricating test results... by using fabricated test results as evidence. Don't you agree?

Well here you go, I happen to be very cool with Yuli. So I hit him up and asked him about this test. Turns out it never happened. So who is telling tall tails.

Re: Hey There

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smartass

Hi Yuli, I would like to know if you have tested any Sundown 1500W amps and what your test revealed. Someone is stating you did a test with a pair and I have no clue if you did. Could you please verifiy

Thanks bro

not true. i've never even seen one.

Wagonized just got

pwned.jpg

First of all Rob uses atomic APXs and is now doing 153.3, and how is that double the power when 2 1500Ds make more than 3k strapped?

I was not putting down on Rob at all. I knew he was running 6k of power and 2x12's (Whatever they are)My point was that they should be running close to spec if 2x10's and 3k worth of sundown are running relativly close (within 3db's) in similar setups.

By similar I mean single batt, high tuned boxes in a CRX.

I had no intention of putting down Rob at all as his rex was still impressive...Sorry if it came off that way, he is a cool guy.

BTW, I believe I am one of the few in the west to actually have access to a pair right now.

Edited by SilverBane

BTW, I believe I am one of the few in the west to actually have access to a pair right now.

A pair of sundown's or what exactly. I missed the boat on this one.

A pair of sundown's or what exactly. I missed the boat on this one.

a Pair of 1500's in Western Canada.

Steve,

Interesting indeed. I find it a bit ironic that he is accusing Sundown of fabricating test results... by using fabricated test results as evidence. Don't you agree?

Very much so

Steve,

Very much so

:foshizzle:

wagon, I think you should :stfu:

There is so much proof that sundown is an honest company trying to make a decent product at a decent price, I don't understand why you resent them so much? I had a guy tell me my Fi BTLs were crap, or that my CDT components suck, for no better reason than he has no experience with them. If you have NO proof AT ALL, and you even lied with your 'well momma said' approach to giving evidence, I think you have nothing to say. You should appologize for the slander, or POST PICTURES/VIDEO of ANY proof, or just stay ignorant elsewhere.

:okasshat:

I hate when a good thread goes to crap because of someone who want to take the time to argue online about something they don't really know anything about!

Edited by tejcurrent

Steve,

Very much so

:foshizzle:

wagon, I think you should :stfu:

There is so much proof that sundown is an honest company trying to make a decent product at a decent price, I don't understand why you resent them so much? I had a guy tell me my Fi BTLs were crap, or that my CDT components suck, for no better reason than he has no experience with them. If you have NO proof AT ALL, and you even lied with your 'well momma said' approach to giving evidence, I think you have nothing to say. You should appologize for the slander, or POST PICTURES/VIDEO of ANY proof, or just stay ignorant elsewhere.

:okasshat:

I hate when a good thread goes to crap because of someone who want to take the time to argue online about something they don't really know anything about!

xeleventiybillion :+1:

wagon, you've been called out, your "proof" disspelled and teh defendant has indeeded provided evindence of their performance. i'd say that this case is dismissed, unless you can provide solid, not "yuli said", evidence that supports your arguement. by solid i mean i want to see teh meters clamped to the 4kws and the 1500ds, i want to see teh amps on identical setups and term lab scores, and i want to see this in it's entirety. no fuzzy shots, no pics. but video of this being set up and tested.

that video doesn't show up, don't post in this thread again, except to apologize. you called someone out, they responded with proof and all you did was mouth. it's put up or shut up time bro. so get with it, or move on.

btw, jacob, your last post in this thread was very dead on and very well put. nice job sir.

oh, and one more thing wagon. before you go and think i too am on jacob's payroll, the system in my truck consists of a clarion h/u, memphis sq componets up front (been replaced once already and are needing it again), memphis mclass 4x6s in the rear (again, been replaced once already), ssa icon 12" sub under the seat and the whole deal getting powered by....GASP....a memphis mch1300 big belle. i was once a very diehard memphis fan, especially considering the shop i work at and install, is a very stout and supportive memphis dealer. memphis even nominated us for the top 100 installers and top 50 retail shops in teh usa. look for radio activity, caterville, il. but in the last two years or so, memphis quality had headed downhill and headed that way very quickly. i hate saying it, but it's the truth and memphis has lost at least one fanboy. if someone had a five channel has big as the belle for what i paid for it, there wouldn't be a memphis amp in my truck. and the memphis speakers? well there's a kicker ss componet set sitting on my floor waiting to go in.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

e :slayer:

The payroll comment was my favorite... I'm barely on the Sundown payroll and I own the company :) I will just now begin paying myself a regular salary in a few more weeks! Until now I have been re-investing everything into the company.

The payroll comment was my favorite... I'm barely on the Sundown payroll and I own the company :) I will just now begin paying myself a regular salary in a few more weeks! Until now I have been re-investing everything into the company.

I know how that reinvesting in a business goes... investing anything that resembles profit going back to make things better is the most important step in furthering things imo.

mrray13- I agree. I have no sundown products, I have an eclipse 400wrms 4channel because it was a good price, and 2 memphis 4ks because sundown didn't have the 3k 6 months ago (at least not to my knowledge). The memphis amps SEEM to be OK, but I don't compete and I have heard nothing but problems w/ there stuff now. I talked to a local dealer who had over a dozen warranty issues on amps in one month, and the subs don't seemto hold up long either.

I know how that reinvesting in a business goes... investing anything that resembles profit going back to make things better is the most important step in furthering things imo.

mrray13- I agree. I have no sundown products, I have an eclipse 400wrms 4channel because it was a good price, and 2 memphis 4ks because sundown didn't have the 3k 6 months ago (at least not to my knowledge). The memphis amps SEEM to be OK, but I don't compete and I have heard nothing but problems w/ there stuff now. I talked to a local dealer who had over a dozen warranty issues on amps in one month, and the subs don't seemto hold up long either.

Tej, maybe you should goto a Sundown 3k!

Haha!

Edited by SilverBane

For the price, I think the Memphis MYSNC's are probably one of the better component sets for the money. Certainly better than anything CDT that's comparable in price. Of course, if I were to do it over again I'd forget about passive and just go active with better drivers.

For the price, I think the Memphis MYSNC's are probably one of the better component sets for the money. Certainly better than anything CDT that's comparable in price. Of course, if I were to do it over again I'd forget about passive and just go active with better drivers.

I am going to thread jack. So sell your components and do it over again.

:bandwagon2: I gotta even laugh at Wagonized screen name.

So sell your components and do it over again.

I've stopped caring enough about the setup in the van to change anything right now :)

is there a Kicker amp that does 4k ???

im lost !!! are we still compairing Kicker to Sundown ? or has this thread morrfed ?

i got lost in all the long winded quotes,

i say hes set in his ways and has no intrest in concidering someone else's oppinion.

right or wrong in his mind hes right so i defer to my earler statment...

you cant convence crazy people their wrong...

I've stopped caring enough about the setup in the van to change anything right now :)

Sell the van and completely start over. :D

the syncs are indeed very nice, actually better then the sq's, IMO. a bit beefier mid (not much, but it is), all they need is the biampable xover of the sq's and they'd be perfect.

lord braccus, no 4k kicker amp yet, but one is on the horizon. well, a 5k one, but rumor is not strappable.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Sell the van and completely start over. :D

I'm holding onto it as a future SPL platform :P

Couldn't put up with that on a daily basis though...

Yeah, not as pleased with the cdts as I could be. Not bad though. Not as sharp as the Infinity kappas I had before. I'm thinking about some MB quarts, not sure what line though. I'm going to be buying a newer tahoe/yukon this week if it works out, which of course will need some work (new tint job, new alternator(s), etc). Frontstage will have to suffer for a little while. :(

Didn't even think about the wagonized thing lol

Front stage > tint/alternators :)

Yeah, not as pleased with the cdts as I could be. Not bad though. Not as sharp as the Infinity kappas I had before. I'm thinking about some MB quarts, not sure what line though. I'm going to be buying a newer tahoe/yukon this week if it works out, which of course will need some work (new tint job, new alternator(s), etc). Frontstage will have to suffer for a little while. :(

Didn't even think about the wagonized thing lol

Wait till the Poly's are available from Ascendant Audio again and use it as an excuse to go active.

FTW.

for all the blind sundown lovers

"The Sundowns put down 2 less dB then the strapped PB's and put down 1507 Watts on a 15.8V system at 1.5Ohms actual load after rise."

this was with a bank of (20) 8 volt batteries.

In the same thread on canadian caraudio.com Yuli does confirm "you guys are jokes. did i not post on here that a z1 spanks a pair of sundownz like 3 months ago?"

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot: