Clarionlover

sundowns 1500 vs kicker 1500

^^^ 100% agreee, its awsome to be able to deal with your sales guy and owner of the company 1 on 1. I like to call Sundown an Old School type car audio company. Before all the internet and marketing and company shares and blah blah blah you could talk to the company owners and get a feel for what they are all about. Warranty issues are never an issue with Jacob. Taken care of straight away. The porduct even reminds me of the old school gear solid rated at 12v no bull chit max power rating and so on. I use to be a die hard long time supporter of USAMPS and sold them for years. As companies get to big to talk to there supporters and customers alot is lost in faith. As for performance, IMO there is no compairision between a Kicker 1500 and a SAZ1500. And these things take a beating. Are they the cheapest amps.....No are they worth every penny......for sure with out a doubt. Don't listen to people that have never even touched the product and bash because the whole west coast in Canada is drinking the DD koolaid. DD is strong out there as the distributor is also out there. They make great product but im not taking out a mortgage for an amp or subs. 75% of all car audio enthusiests own houses and have families and life to pay for as well. If you try the product no doubt you will love it. I have been dealing with this hate on for sometime now and most of my Sundown customers have the "I dont give two craps about what people say or think" mentality there is a couple of big players in the works in the Canadian SPL scene that may be on the Sundown train shortly. So expect to see big things and for the attitude to flip shortly.

I will even go out on a limb and say that if you purchase one from us as you are Canadian, if your not happy send it back and I will refund you. Thats how convinced I am that you will no doubt love it.

Cheers bro

Theres only 3 people that I can think of that actually run DD amps out here. I wouldn't say the whole west coast is "drinking the DD koolaid".

Well all im saying is there is a very strong DD following out there. And Wagonized is also a friend of The A Team from CCA which is a DD dealer IIRC.

ive met clay aka the A team once at a show a few weekends back. Ive never bought anything from him. Ill support DD because they're good products but even then DD bullchits their power numbers in some instances aka soundpressure.com

I dont run DD amps by the way. Although if I did run z1s I think id be louder than I am now for what its worth.

Unless you live in a cave the last few years youd realize that theres a strong DD following across the world. Because DD sets the most records in SPL out of any company. How many records does sunnnnnndooooownnn have? In any organization? Even keeping in mind you should be able to afford 3 sundowns for the price of a z1 they still dont put up good numbers.

Im not sure what you're looking for here. You make a cheap amp...that puts out decent power for the dollar. But doesnt put out the power you guys claim and does not come close to comparing agains the elite amps out there today. Take it for what it is...beginner/budget gear.

Edited by Wagonized

ridiculous and illogical? the test numbers posted for the sundown 1500d were done so by someone on THEIR payroll.

Neither Loyd nor Sean is on the Sundown payroll. Both of them purchased their amplifiers and are not and were not paid by me to do any testing. Testing was done of their own accord. I have no clue where the rumor that they work for me came from.

Wagonized OWNED lol

Similar to how the DD Z1 puts out 6000 rms on soundpressure.com. Except morons actually believe it because the sundown amp is a lot more affordable.

VIDEO: http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/CIMG1519.AVI

Wagonized OWNED again lol

I see a partern forming here LOL

that pattern that is forming is that ull believe anything ur told to sleep better at night knowing you saved some money buying a cheaper amp that puts out just as much power. Ever tested it yourself? I highly suggest you test it yourself or have someone you know personally and trust test them. Ive asked Yuli several questions over the years about X amp vs Y amp and hes always been straight up with me.

I could sell you a $200 amp that says it makes 10k rms you'd be on cloud 9 then. Do you even compete or do you just quote what other people say and add one word comments?

also lastly those who keep mentioning Canadian car audio.

CCA is the biggest joke of a forum now its not even funny. Rick the owner is a money hungry bitch who cant even let a thread bloom when theres 2 differring opinions within it. Let alone put down his beloved sponsors. Hes banning all westerners on his site. Which I have in writing from him by the way.

Jacob,

I believe I will have a Z1a in stock to play with here in a couple weeks, if DD has any. Their customer service is so poor, it's hard to tell when we'd get it though.

I can do a real world comparison between the SAZ-3000 and the Z1a once we get the Z1a in. No big deal. I think that's a much more realistic test, even though IMHO, the Z1a is a lot more expensive, it should definately put out more power, point blank.

And Wagonized, whoever you are. I work for a dealer who carries both Sundown and DD, and get both at cost. I could very easily be running DD amps. Every speaker in my car is DD, down to the tweeters. I choose to run Sundown for the reliability and the customer service. We only have one DD amp in stock because every one we get comes back broken, and DD won't repair them in a timely manner.

BTW: One of my SAZ-1500's clamped at 1820 watts at .7 DCR, so I don't know where you get that they don't do rated power, that's just a load of crap.

correct me if im wrong...Lloyd is or was on the caraudio.com payroll. which is or was sponsored by sundown audio?

why would they take pics and video of a test that wasnt even close? And one that confirmed what was already 99% believe that the sundown amp doesnt put out anywhere near the power claimed. If i raced a stock vw bug against a corvette would I have to take pics and video for you to believe the corvette one?

Id be willing to test 8 sundown 1500d's against my 4 memphis 4kw amps on a limited battery system but that would be a waste of time for me because I know my score would go down. But id be sure to take countless pics and videos so you guys believed it.

The person that did the test by the way was Yuli Shumsky (sp?) from ontario canada. Hes been finals a few times now. Termlab doesnt lie....and let me tell you 2.5 db difference isnt just a couple hundred watts.

1) You are wrong. Loyd is not on the caraudio.com payroll and I do not sponsor caraudio.com or any other forum. Steve @ Smart Auto Sound sponsors the CCA forums, or he used to anyhow, but that is as close as Sundown gets to sponsoring any forum.

2) Sean Belinger, who is responsible for my high voltage SAZ-1500D and SAZ-3000D testing swapped out 2x Memphis 4kw for 4x SAZ-1500Ds and gained power and SPL. Would you like to talk to him? He purchased and paid for both the Memphis and the Sundown amplifiers and made his decision about what to run.

3) To my knowledge Yuli doesn't own any Sundown amplifiers. Where did he get them? I've sold very few to Canada so it won't be hard to track that down. If he does, indeed, own them then I am curious about his install details.

What part of my video is fabricated? What other tests do you want me to do ON VIDEO? I'll go do them if I have the setup available. You fail to respond completely to the video footage of the amplifier being clamped. Where is it rigged? Heck... I'll take a longer video and get each and every piece as I set it up if you want.

ive met clay aka the A team once at a show a few weekends back. Ive never bought anything from him. Ill support DD because they're good products but even then DD bullchits their power numbers in some instances aka soundpressure.com

I dont run DD amps by the way. Although if I did run z1s I think id be louder than I am now for what its worth.

Unless you live in a cave the last few years youd realize that theres a strong DD following across the world. Because DD sets the most records in SPL out of any company. How many records does sunnnnnndooooownnn have? In any organization? Even keeping in mind you should be able to afford 3 sundowns for the price of a z1 they still dont put up good numbers.

Im not sure what you're looking for here. You make a cheap amp...that puts out decent power for the dollar. But doesnt put out the power you guys claim and does not come close to comparing agains the elite amps out there today. Take it for what it is...beginner/budget gear.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that Sundown is a new company. Sundown has been around for under a year at this point, do you really expect all sorts of world records to be set already when we haven't even been around for a finals?

You REALLY need to do some research before you continue to make ridiculous statements.

* Search for stevew007 on the forum... he is in the 150s now in his CRX and has several first places finishes this season.

* My brother has scored first in nSPL no-Wall 0-24 this season at nearly every show... he is close to breaking 150 dB in this class and could potentially go in for a record or at least place at finals if he keeps it up. This is his first season competing and he is doing that well.

* Robert Eldridge is in the 158s in MECA with Sundown, and was taking best of show at events before that:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8167

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7928

* stratusrt01 on here was closing in on 150 dB in nSPL Pro-Trunk before his strut tower broke from all of the weight. Go ahead, search the forums and ask him about it.

There are alot more great scores but it's like talking to a rock with you so it's pointless anyhow so I won't waste my time digging them up. I'm sure someone else can chime in with a few more.

It's ridiculous to compare records set by DD to Sundown, and you know it. Look at how long their stuff has been out and how many people know the name and run it -- of course they will have more records! Sundown is also not a "db-drag obsessed" company like DD, a large percentage of my customers don't even compete in SPL, they just enjoy their amps day to day. DD concentrates *heavily* on dB-Drag, and it works to create fan-boys like yourself. Sure, they make great stuff, I suggested the 9500s to my brother for his SPL setup, but that doesn't mean that nothing else on earth compares to it!

You have two options... you can actually post real facts or you can continue to slander Sundown with your unfounded statements. If you choose the latter I will see that you are banned from this forum for being a troll. If you come up with some valid information then you can go ahead and post away -- but you don't have ANY since I have shown you time and again that the amps do what they say.

I think it also speaks volumes that your on the Sundown forum Wagonized.......worried? No I know you will say something like I just like to see the BS. But I know its because of your curiousity about the products otherwise you would not be here.

correct me if im wrong...Lloyd is or was on the caraudio.com payroll. which is or was sponsored by sundown audio?
I blow a damned gasket every time I see someone post on Canadian Car Audio about the Sundown products. Those Alberta and BC guys are just ridiculous and illogical.

ridiculous and illogical? the test numbers posted for the sundown 1500d were done so by someone on THEIR payroll. Similar to how the DD Z1 puts out 6000 rms on soundpressure.com. Except morons actually believe it because the sundown amp is a lot more affordable.

A strapped pair of 1500d's has been tested to be 2.5db below a z1. And generally the z1s are known to put out a real world wattage in the 2000-3000 watt range depending on voltage drop, box rise etc. So in REALITY which amp is better dollar per watt?

Sundown amps might be decent for beginners but I dont understand what their claim to fame is about running at 0.5 ohm daily. There are probably 100 other amps in the world that can do this no problem. And make more power.

If you want to buy sundown go ahead....but dont pick up a lump of chit and try to tell people its gold.

numbers, links, video....noone here is jsut about talk. provide proof, or shut up. two people have posted either pics or vids of the sundown porduct doing it's thing. where is this z1 beating the strapped 1500s?

speaking of what you know nothing about, and or rumors, will only get your e-ass rung through a ringer. the man has spoken and provided proof. what do you have?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

why would they take pics and video of a test that wasnt even close? And one that confirmed what was already 99% believe that the sundown amp doesnt put out anywhere near the power claimed. If i raced a stock vw bug against a corvette would I have to take pics and video for you to believe the corvette one?

Id be willing to test 8 sundown 1500d's against my 4 memphis 4kw amps on a limited battery system but that would be a waste of time for me because I know my score would go down. But id be sure to take countless pics and videos so you guys believed it.

The person that did the test by the way was Yuli Shumsky (sp?) from ontario canada. Hes been finals a few times now. Termlab doesnt lie....and let me tell you 2.5 db difference isnt just a couple hundred watts.

why would you take video/pictures? proof. plain and simple. nothing more, nothing less. is it really that hard to understand? and to use your racing analogy, look how many videos are on youtube, ebaum and whatever hosting site you can think of, of modified cars whooping up on stock ones. and it's the kids in the modified ones doing the filming.

memphis 4kws? at least pick an amp that lives to tell the tale afterwards. i'd wager, strongly, the 8 sundowns would put a very large ass whooping on the 4kws.

how do i know? first, i work for memphis dealer. EVERY, and i mean EVERY 4kw we have sold, has gone in for warranty work at least twice. and while most have probably not heard of yuli shumsky, i work with james herren. street a world champ 3 years ago. he lost world finals 2 years ago due to, GASP, memphis 4kws dieing on him. he has a FULL memphis sponsorship, and won't touch a memphis product. he had 4 4kws before they were available to the public. each one died, again, at least twice. one from jsut hooking it up. the only chance the memphis has is at 16volts+. and even then, the sundowns can run there as well....

yep, you take your memphis stuff. i'll take the sundown. and yep, the termlab doesn't lie. by then again, you have yet to provide anything, anywhere, other then words to back up your claims. jacob has posted what his amp will do. let's see what the z1 can.

so put up or shut up. don't diss something if you can't provide proof of it's asswhooping. i mean hell, if the z1 really did that, and you post proof, you might just inspire jacob to take sundown to an even higher level.

and how many times does jacob have to answer the question about loyd and payroll? and who in the fuck ever heard of anybody on caraudio.com payroll? maybe your living in a cave. that is such absolute horseshit, lol. thanks for the laugh of the day bro.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'd wager, strongly, the 8 sundowns would put a very large ass whooping on the 4kws.

Off 2 nsb 90s? Id like to see this happen.

I blow a damned gasket every time I see someone post on Canadian Car Audio about the Sundown products. Those Alberta and BC guys are just ridiculous and illogical.

ridiculous and illogical? the test numbers posted for the sundown 1500d were done so by someone on THEIR payroll. Similar to how the DD Z1 puts out 6000 rms on soundpressure.com. Except morons actually believe it because the sundown amp is a lot more affordable.

A strapped pair of 1500d's has been tested to be 2.5db below a z1. And generally the z1s are known to put out a real world wattage in the 2000-3000 watt range depending on voltage drop, box rise etc. So in REALITY which amp is better dollar per watt?

Sundown amps might be decent for beginners but I dont understand what their claim to fame is about running at 0.5 ohm daily. There are probably 100 other amps in the world that can do this no problem. And make more power.

If you want to buy sundown go ahead....but dont pick up a lump of chit and try to tell people its gold.

numbers, links, video....noone here is jsut about talk. provide proof, or shut up. two people have posted either pics or vids of the sundown porduct doing it's thing. where is this z1 beating the strapped 1500s?

speaking of what you know nothing about, and or rumors, will only get your e-ass rung through a ringer. the man has spoken and provided proof. what do you have?

why would you take video/pictures? proof. plain and simple. nothing more, nothing less. is it really that hard to understand? and to use your racing analogy, look how many videos are on youtube, ebaum and whatever hosting site you can think of, of modified cars whooping up on stock ones. and it's the kids in the modified ones doing the filming.

memphis 4kws? at least pick an amp that lives to tell the tale afterwards. i'd wager, strongly, the 8 sundowns would put a very large ass whooping on the 4kws.

how do i know? first, i work for memphis dealer. EVERY, and i mean EVERY 4kw we have sold, has gone in for warranty work at least twice. and while most have probably not heard of yuli shumsky, i work with james herren. street a world champ 3 years ago. he lost world finals 2 years ago due to, GASP, memphis 4kws dieing on him. he has a FULL memphis sponsorship, and won't touch a memphis product. he had 4 4kws before they were available to the public. each one died, again, at least twice. one from jsut hooking it up. the only chance the memphis has is at 16volts+. and even then, the sundowns can run there as well....

yep, you take your memphis stuff. i'll take the sundown. and yep, the termlab doesn't lie. by then again, you have yet to provide anything, anywhere, other then words to back up your claims. jacob has posted what his amp will do. let's see what the z1 can.

so put up or shut up. don't diss something if you can't provide proof of it's asswhooping. i mean hell, if the z1 really did that, and you post proof, you might just inspire jacob to take sundown to an even higher level.

and how many times does jacob have to answer the question about loyd and payroll? and who in the fudge ever heard of anybody on caraudio.com payroll? maybe your living in a cave. that is such absolute horsechit, lol. thanks for the laugh of the day bro.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

What I found humurous is that stevew007 pulled a 151.2 with 2x 9510's and 2x 1500D's strapped.

At the FX DBDrag, they were amazed that "Rob V.o" pulled a 152.4 with 6k and 2 9512's. Looks to me that he should have been atleast 3db above with more cone and double power.

Wow !!! what did i miss ???

I'll tell you what my Mother taught me...

You cant convence crazy people there wrong. :horse:

equivalent to arguing with a brick.

Edited by Lord Baccus

i'd wager, strongly, the 8 sundowns would put a very large ass whooping on the 4kws.

whatever battery you choose. james's strapped 4kws off an eagle picher were junk. not a weak amp by any means, but complete junk compared to what he's run both past and present....(of course now he's moved on to real power, both under the hood and for amps)

off a 12 volt system, the 4kws aren't all that. four 4kws vs 8 1500ds, and 12 volts. i'll take the sundown. not only that, the 4kws might not live to tell the story, at least IME. so maybe a very large ass whooping is a bit much, but i'd still take the sundowns.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

149.5 to be exact on my install............Now, that may sound low, but lets look at my setup and the rules of Pro Trunk Class:

My setup was 4 SAZ-1500's on a pair of DD 9510's........10's, not 12's or 15's.....

I also only had 2 Kinetik 2400's and a 1400 up front, and the stock 85 amp alternator.

NSPL Pro Trunk requires you to have your rear seats folded up during competition, they have to be latched into place. Now, 149.5 doesn't sound so bad under those circumstances, does it? Trunk guys can appreciate the seat up vs. seat down situation.

Edited by stratusrt01

I think it also speaks volumes that your on the Sundown forum Wagonized.......worried? No I know you will say something like I just like to see the BS. But I know its because of your curiousity about the products otherwise you would not be here.

ill be worried when someone beats my certified score with sundown

and how many times does jacob have to answer the question about loyd and payroll? and who in the fudge ever heard of anybody on caraudio.com payroll? maybe your living in a cave. that is such absolute horsechit, lol. thanks for the laugh of the day bro.

What I found humurous is that stevew007 pulled a 151.2 with 2x 9510's and 2x 1500D's strapped.

At the FX DBDrag, they were amazed that "Rob V.o" pulled a 152.4 with 6k and 2 9512's. Looks to me that he should have been atleast 3db above with more cone and double power.

if you ever competed more than once youd see that doubling your power doesnt gain you as much as it does on paper there chief. Especially on one batt.

whatever battery you choose. james's strapped 4kws off an eagle picher were junk. not a weak amp by any means, but complete junk compared to what he's run both past and present....(of course now he's moved on to real power, both under the hood and for amps)

off a 12 volt system, the 4kws aren't all that. four 4kws vs 8 1500ds, and 12 volts. i'll take the sundown. not only that, the 4kws might not live to tell the story, at least IME. so maybe a very large ass whooping is a bit much, but i'd still take the sundowns.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

4kw will only blow up if you dip well below 9 volts to them by the way. Plenty of guys use them on 12 volts with no problems. Some even run 4 per 12 volt battery and have no problems. And obviously at 16 volts with a ton of batteries the sundown stands no chance...4kw would molest it.

"Yuli said" is great evidence dude. I remember when you used to make sense....

If I recall correctly, Yuli also said you get port noise if you go with too large of a port, which has never, ever happened to me, nor anyone I've ever met.

But this isn't about Yuli at all. It's about pulling crap out of your ass and calling it fact. This is all theoretical for you because you know absolutely nothing about the Sundown Audio products.

Wagonized,

You sir have reading comprehension issues... Sean measured 4x 1500Ds vs. 2x 4kws in his truck on a mess of batteries on a 16 volt system. The 1500Ds did more power... he BOUGHT the amps from me and let me post his test results.

You have also failed to discredit my VIDEO of clamping the amp.

I am going to close this thread if you continue to talk in circles and make statements with no basis in reality while also ignoring any and all evidence to the contrary. It is obvious to everyone but you that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lloyd is or was on the caraudio.com payroll.

I'm seriously laughing out loud.

Wagonized,

You sir have reading comprehension issues... Sean measured 4x 1500Ds vs. 2x 4kws in his truck on a mess of batteries on a 16 volt system. The 1500Ds did more power... he BOUGHT the amps from me and let me post his test results.

i dont believe that even one bit. There are very very few amps in the world including elite level amps that can hang with the 4kw on a 16 volt unlimited battery system.

What I dont understand is if these amps are so good and so cheap how come nobody is loud with them yet? Theyve been out for over a year now havent they? Why dont you see extreme vehicles running 100 sundown amps instead of 10 or 20 higher priced ones that apparently put out less power?

What I dont understand is if these amps are so good and so cheap how come nobody is loud with them yet?

I don't see people getting loud with Brax either, so they must suck horribly :P

i dont believe that even one bit. There are very very few amps in the world including elite level amps that can hang with the 4kw on a 16 volt unlimited battery system.

What I dont understand is if these amps are so good and so cheap how come nobody is loud with them yet? Theyve been out for over a year now havent they? Why dont you see extreme vehicles running 100 sundown amps instead of 10 or 20 higher priced ones that apparently put out less power?

please show me this, show me where the 4kws are that strong, 14 volt, 16 volt or otherwise. so much so that only elite amps can hang with them. i want to see this and so does james herren.

and the 4kws i've seen, just so you know, were always above 9 volts. hell, one blow up just hooking up the damn thing. unlimited batteries and 16 volts, yeah, teh 4kws are strong. but they don't approach elite status. and any amp SHOULD be stout at that voltage with unlimited batteries. if it's not, then there is seriously something wrong.

btw, just what is your certified? what class? i'd ask for proof, but i think you'll respond with "yuli said"

and maybe the answer to your last question is simply sponsorship. maybe not. but usually those guys in extreme are getting major sponsorships, which enable them to afford those higher priced amps, if not get them free.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

As far as I know Yuli does not own a pair and the closest pair in Canada is out west. So I do not believe this test has been done. But I PM Yuli for info on this.

First of all Rob uses atomic APXs and is now doing 153.3, and how is that double the power when 2 1500Ds make more than 3k strapped?

Wagonized,

If you don't believe it then call Sean out. Ibanender on the forums... he'll tell you straight up. Go ahead, call him a liar if you still don't believe it. Plenty of people saw him with 4kws and plenty of people know he now has Sundown 1500Ds, and he bought them from me... no freebies.

They have not yet been out a year. I started selling them towards the end of August 2006. I don't know where you get this "nobody is loud" as plenty of Sundown owners are in the 150s. The way it looks there will soon be at least one in the 160s. Trust me, you will see more in the near future.

Sundown is a SMALL company, alot of extreme guys don't even know who we are! I meet new people at every show that have no idea who Sundown is. Sundown doesn't have a huge marketing budget or the funds to hand out free amps to everyone, it takes time to get word out. I'm not trying to explode so fast that I can't keep inventory in stock for my dealers. I felt bad when I was out of 1500Ds for five days recently. Grow too fast and that will happen ALOT.

And trust me... I could charge more for the 1500D and still sell them. My dealers are always shocked about the low cost compared to Memphis and other big names when they test the amps and see how well they do. Fact is, being that Sundown is a small company I can get away with making less margin than larger companies can. Why would I make less money? Well, fact is, I love audio... so I'm doing exactly what I want to do, as long as I can pay the bills and continue to come out with new products that works for me.