super sql

how is everyone running there rl-s?

i want to know how everyone that has a rl-s is running their subs. like what are your box specs and how much power are you giving it or them?

i just ordered the rl-s 12 and i will be using a kicker sx900.1 to power the sub. not sure on the box specs yet. it will be sealed for sure though. before i start on my box build, i just want to know what kinda box everyone with the rl-s is using.

i never ran it sealed. i went for 2.5ft^3 net @28hz and 32in^2 of port. with 1200wrms, it was a beast...

but you knew that story already, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wassup man.

yeah i want to run mine sealed. i want the best possible sq i can have.

i was thinking 3cuft sealed or just go with the recomended 2.5cuft sealed.

mike's pretty dead on with his box recommendations. for the rl-i8, the flattest response was givin at .17ft^3, i was skeptical at first. but all be damn if that lil beast doesn't work great in that little sumbitch of a box. the thing is jsut barely big enough to hold the friggin sub, lol.

so i would go with the recommendation. if nothign else, one can always had polyfil. on the flip side, go big. if it sounds like ass, block it. take away airspace. either way has a way out.

email mike as well. let him know what power, what car and what yoru looking to achieve. he'll shoot back with a box recommendation. though i'll wager it's close tothe 2.5, hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

oh, and

wassup! lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i kinda feel like a traitor. i used to spend alot of time reading in the fi audio section. now i am here. shhhhhhh. lol.

just emailed mike.

Edited by chad lee

That is an awesome sub.