mrogowski

Shipment arriving tomorrow

Just to keep everyone in the loop, my shipment is arriving tomorrow so folks who participated in the IXL-18.4 preorder will be receiving their unit(s) early next week.

MLI-65's and MJ-18 4 Ohm units are also in the shipment so they too will be out the door.

Oh, and a few goodies came in as well... :rolleyes:

Thanks for tuning in,

Mark

"Oh, and a few goodies came in as well..."

Care to elaborate?

Would I be right if I guessed 8" proto? :D

Glad more 4 ohm'ers came in, we are running low.

Just to keep everyone in the loop, my shipment is arriving tomorrow so folks who participated in the IXL-18.4 preorder will be receiving their unit(s) early next week.

MLI-65's and MJ-18 4 Ohm units are also in the shipment so they too will be out the door.

Oh, and a few goodies came in as well... :rolleyes:

Thanks for tuning in,

Mark

Can I Play TOOO!!!???

Huge. I'll throw up some numbers later next week once I verify the parameters from the lot.

Best,

Mark

Just a couple of quick shots of the IXL-18.4:

ixl-front-d.jpg

ixl-back-d.jpg

i love those 6 spoke baskets, definitely one of my favs. Sub looks good though, wish i could put an 18 to use

If that's the current driver, it looks exactly what was shown before in the pre order thread.

Edited by vitod

quick question mark. how would one of those IXL's sound in a 10 ft^3 box ported in the high 20 low 30 range, you think it would be louder that 2 mj-18 in the same box, and both setup's with the recommended rms.

Thanks in advance

Edited by cycle252

It did change the Q somewhat (as you would expect) but VAS was quite high going in and still is, so either way, you are looking at a large enclosure to make this thing happy. It was a juggle between sensitivity, mass, compliance, and having a motor structure that will take (future) longer coil heights...

Cycle, to answer that, I will be posting some real-world figures on different box configs hopefully this weekend. That should give you enough info to make an informed decision which way to go.

Best,

Mark

im looking for any info on the mach 5 spl driver... and sofar have turned up with nothing in this last month so any updates from loydd or anyone... mark?

I have a revised unit sitting here now. What would you like to know?

I have been testing the previous prototype in dbDrag. It is holding up just fine and doing decent numbers. The down fall is I don't have nearly enough power to put this thing to the near braking point.

It actually had decent clarity for being a monster SPL sub, when I had it installed in a 2.0 @27 hz box.

It does have a strong bottom end, which is a nice touch since most SPL drivers that I have played with are peaky and seem to be lacking on the lower daily driving music.

video?

I guess I could shoot a video, would be off my digital camera so the quality and length will be low. I need to build a box that will help reduce some of the impedance rise, so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.