uglydimple12

New Setup

Ok thats cool.. I guess I ll be looking for another amp after all.. I am going to keep my sub for now.. and power it with the amp I want for a while until I got extra money then I will just sell mine and get 2 Q with BP Power option..

I say sell the sub and just buy another sub. By far the least expensive option. JMO.

Yeah but actually it doesnt matter cuz if I am going to get another sub.. In the future I'll be looking for that 2500D all over again because I think I am going to want to upgrade to 2 subs..

Buy amp now, sub later.. OR buy sub now, amp later.. (I'll also get 2nd sub)

Doesnt matter.. Hope you understand what I am saying?

P.S. Where can I find 8 or 10 gauge speaker wire on line? Only 10 ga I ve seen is at sounddomain.com..

Parts Express sells 10awg zip cord, but for 8awg you could just use power cable...really doesn't matter what it's labeled as.

OR buy sub now, amp later.. (I'll also get 2nd sub)

That choice.

You really need to upgrade your front stage. Coax's off the headunit with a sub has to sound super ghetto.

Lol, well I love bass so I have no problem with having too much bass hah..

But once I get my wirings the the 4 channel amp will be installed so it wont be super ghetto to you anymore, ha.. Also, I plan to buy a set of comps once I am done with subs and stuff like that..

UPDATE:

I ended up finding a good deal on another Fi Q so I just paid for it.. should be here at the end of this week..

so I guess you guys were right after all hah..

Now I will need an amp that gives out 2k+ watts RMS at 2 ohm load.. So I guess Orion 2500D is out of the picture

Kicker ZX2500D is niceee, but damn they are expensive(not like I didnt expect that lol)

Also, I will build the box that fits 2 15" Fi Q.. ported.. But I am not sure which outcome would be better- 2 ports or 1 big port? I am going to need help on measurements of the box and ports..

For most daily setups 2 ports vs 1 port comes down to aesthetics... and not so much of a difference performance wise.

I dont think the number of port matters to number of subs. Its the port area that counts. Unless you want to build a seperate chamber for it.

Hmm yeah, it is going to depend on box dimensions, If there is not that much of space after placing the sub in, I might do 2 ports, but if there is plenty space then I might as well do just one big port..

Some recommend doing a PVC port rather than regular port(not sure what is it called ha).. So what do you guys think? I m open to any inputs.. thanks

A single port is easier to build from the standpoint that you only have one chance to make a mistake, vs. two ports that could be built slightly differently.

As for the round/slot port decision, that comes down to how much port area you need and what you like aesthetically. Sometimes it's just easier to integrate one or the other in an install.

How would I be able to know how much space I need for the port when I integrate one in an install?

This is going to be my first box, so I ll have some stupid questions lol, so excuse me :)

errrmmm 12-16 square inch / cu^3 I believe. Anything less will result in port noise. I had mine bigger than the recommended one with no problem at it.

Btw you might wanna do a bigger box to increase efficientcy of your sub.