Yeah, just use your ears. If you can't tell that the bass is too loud, or too soft...WTF are you buying car audio chit for?

lol.

Us Arkansans gotsta stick together.

I was trying to find the one that was on here, talking about why it's basically stupid to set it with a dmm.

I use a DMM and I'm not stupid. :confused:

A gain knob is a voltage pentometer. Unless you can hear voltage or below 5% THD, then there ain't nuttin' stupid 'bout no DMM. ;)

I was trying to find the one that was on here, talking about why it's basically stupid to set it with a dmm.

A gain knob is a voltage pentometer. Unless you can hear voltage or below 5% THD, then there ain't nuttin' stupid 'bout no DMM. ;)

What you talkin bout Willis?

A DMM is useful IF you have an occiliscope...or if you're using two amps to drive ONE speaker. Otherwise, just use your ears.

If your ears don't work, and you can't tell if the subs are too loud or too soft...or you cant determine that you have to crank the HU to get any real output...you need more help than a DMM can give you.

If your ears don't work, and you can't tell if the subs are too loud or too soft...or you cant determine that you have to crank the HU to get any real output...you need more help than a DMM can give you.

I think you're underestimating the..."creativity"...of some of the people on this forum :P

A DMM is useful IF you have an occiliscope...or if you're using two amps to drive ONE speaker. Otherwise, just use your ears.

Perhaps you were sick the day level matching was discussed in class?

Perhaps you were sick the day level matching was discussed in class?

I guess so. I do it by ear.

How do YOU do it? And more importantly, why?

Yeah this is basically what the whole post was talking about. I thought it was stickied somewhere but, oh well. Thanks

I know the post you mean...but I couldn't find it either. Looked around for almost 5 whole minutes!

Really did look...If I find it later I'll post it.

Nope not that one. May be it was on a different site, but I could have swore it was on this one, I can't find it though. Not a big deal, I was just wanting to show it to someone. Thanks for helping though.

yep, i believe that is the one.