JonMR2turbo

Hooray, finally ordered a sub!

I finally was able to order the 10" Q I wanted. It's been about a year and a half since I've had any kind of a decent system so I am very happy. It will be going in a 91 MR2 turbo which is a 2 seater so I had to go with a small sealed box. With how small the cabin is it will still get loud regardless and from what I hear about the Q it will sound damn good too. I've already got the rest of my system installed so all I'll have to do when the Q comes is drop it right in.

Here are some pics

Alpine head unit:

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/d/119467-1/threegauge3.jpg

Directed amp powering some CDT comps and a Hifonics amp rated at 1500rmw for the Q. I still need to get some black plastic hose to cover the wires:

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/d/141908-...oto0001_003.jpg

The Q's home. I'll be adding a spacer to the front of the box to make it fit:

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/d/141910-1/Photo0002.jpg

It's not as nice as some of the ones on here but after getting this car my attention has shifted from audio to performance so it will be plenty for me.

awsome man. I have always loved that gen MR2

Here are the pics, so ppl dont have to click on it.

threegauge3.jpg

Photo0002.jpg

Photo0001_003.jpg

Looks good man :)

I swapped one of those engines and tranny's into my Celica...

Thanks Shawn, I always forget to add the image tags. Nice Glock btw :fing34:

NDMstang, do you post on any Toyota forums? Your s/n looks familiar...

What kind of turbo and how much boost do ya have?

It's the OEM CT26 turbo but it has a T04E compressor and clipped turbine. Not my first choice but it came with the car and at stock boost levels it makes more power then the OEM turbo and it can also boost higher. It's at 15psi, which is roughly 5 over stock.

15psi is pretty nice, do those engines have pretty strong rods?

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/pinkfloyms/CRX/

This was my baby, before I had to sell it. Was planning on putting a T3/T4 on it but had some work to do before I could(rods, pistons, crank, and cams) was planning on pushing the boost up to 20+psi. Had an oppritunity to move to Las Vegas sold my car and move. Now I wish I hadn't sold it. Oh well I guess you live and learn.

15psi is pretty nice, do those engines have pretty strong rods?

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/pinkfloyms/CRX/

This was my baby, before I had to sell it. Was planning on putting a T3/T4 on it but had some work to do before I could(rods, pistons, crank, and cams) was planning on pushing the boost up to 20+psi. Had an oppritunity to move to Las Vegas sold my car and move. Now I wish I hadn't sold it. Oh well I guess you live and learn.

That's cool. CRXs seem like really fun cars.

And yeah the stock parts are pretty strong. Assuming you have a good tune, you can push the internals to about 500hp on race gas...though obviously they won't last as long as stronger parts.

As far as the rods go, one member of mr2oc.com dynoed 756 on the stockers, though other internal parts were upgraded.

But the weakest link in MR2s is the fuel system. Depending on the motor, 250-275hp is within the safe limits of it. But if you want to go post 300hp, you're looking at a completely upgraded fuel system and either a retuned ECU or an EMS...and that gets really expensive.

Not so much into performance mods myself. Had a mustang gt I started working on, but I sold it to get my yukon. Only thing I want to do to it is supercharge it. Too many miles imo though, I'm waiting for a newer one. Then I'll look for the 400hp+. That'll help tow the occasional trailer and the daily audio load ;)

Don't care to get speeding tickets anymore. Last time I got pulled they tried to get me for 'avoiding' them in my mustang, so... more cumbersome suv it is :D

What year yukon is it? The 97-99 with the 5.7 vortec are strong motors. I wouldn't have any problem on throwing a vortech style supercharger on one. My dads 99' has 298k on it and still pulls a 16' enclosed trailer about 700 miles a week.

The weak link in the 5.7 vortec is also the fuel system. For some stupid ass reason GM used a spider fuel injection under the intake manifold with no fuel pressure regulator or any way to tune it. Thats one of the most expensive parts to change on those if your looking to upgrade a lot. I wouldn't go to 400hp on the stock system.

Edited by pinkfloydms

Not so much into performance mods myself. Had a mustang gt I started working on, but I sold it to get my yukon. Only thing I want to do to it is supercharge it. Too many miles imo though, I'm waiting for a newer one. Then I'll look for the 400hp+. That'll help tow the occasional trailer and the daily audio load ;)

Don't care to get speeding tickets anymore. Last time I got pulled they tried to get me for 'avoiding' them in my mustang, so... more cumbersome suv it is :D

That would be pretty cool. I like SUVs that can haul ass.

Me too. I'm going to put a 5.7 vortec in my 99 blazer, not to race, just because my 4.3 has 150k miles on it and I figure why not? I just like being a little different I guess.

Yeah, the 99 yukon I have has got close to 200k miles now, and the weakest link in the whole system seems to be the transmission. Talked to countless owners with serious differential problems related to factory problems. didn't know about the fuel system problem though. I'd put in a new engine with 350-400hp naturally aspirated-but the yuk is 2wd. I refuse to beef up a 2wheel suv. next one will be 4wd. I'll put up some pics of how that POS suspension handles the 4-500lbs of equip already in there, not to mention how it'll like the extra 2-300 I want to add.

blazers with a 5.7 are pretty sweet, and unexpected too.

Yup that 4L60E tranny is kinda weak my dad alrdy had to have his rebuilt at about 160k, but he does pull a trailer all the time, I put 3:73 gears in his to help though. I have a few friends that work for comp cams in memphis and US Gear makes another brand of gear also, same exact product they sell for a lot higher price, I got the ring and pinion for under $200, but anyway I can pick up parts pretty cheap from them because they get discounts from a lot of the manufactures.

For his engine we're building probably gonna have about 350hp but a lot more torque than stock. Was thinking about going the 383 way, they're torque monsters.

I really like the sub. It sounds great and goes pretty low, especially for being sealed. And I hear it gets even better once it's broken in!

Having it behind the seat makes for a nice back massager too.

Photo0009.jpg