Phase One

Need a little help here

I'm going to be purchasing Sound Splinter RLP's here soon, to upgrade from my current 2 12" Kicker CVR's (03 model) and this time around, I'm looking for 100% more SQ while still getting fairly loud. I heard great things about these subs and how great their SQ is, which got me wanting to check these out. My amp is a JBL GTO1201.1, 787rms @ 4ohms and 1114rms @ 2ohms. If I went with 2 12's, I wouldn't be able to power them properly, but if I got a single 15" I think 1114rms would be perfect. I'm going for a sealed enclosure for either sub (I don't mind ported, I'm just a bigger fan of sealed)

Now, after switching from 2 SPL subs, I'm afraid I'd be disappointed in output with a single 15", but then again with my listening tastes, it might be perfect. Which setup would be best?

If I go with 2 12's, then I would need another JBL GTO1201 or a bigger amp that does at least 1600-2000rms. Which would cause more batteries and such. (Just seems like a hassel if I went with 2 12"s)

I don't know what to do. Any opinions?

Also, if you guys choose the 12's, what would be a perfect amp for those? I don't have a budget, so recommend me anything that isn't TOO expensive. ($1000+ amp)

Why not get a pair of RL-p Dual 2 ohm 12's. That would give you a final load on the amp of 2 ohms mono. The RL-ps do not need 1200 watts, not sure why people feel that they do. Mine held it, but did not need it. Did fine on 450 and 800 approx.

That was my original plan, to get 2 dual 2ohm 12's so I can wire them @ 2ohms to get ~1114rms from my current amp. When I e-mailed Mike @ Sound splinter to get some more info on them, he said they'll move with ~500rms, but give them 1000rms and they'll really shine.

I'm not going to be competing with these, just for daily driver. Something that'll sound better than my CVR's. If I lose some output, that's fine. The SQ will make up for it. (Comparing them to my CVR's that is)

But then again I love single sub setups. I think 1 15" RLP getting 1114rms would be a great sounding setup. It probably won't be as loud as 2 12 RLP's, but not looking for loudness here.

Think 1 15" RLP would be a nice SQ setup for daily driver?

If you install it well it sure can. :D

i loved my 12" rl-p on 750wrms...in a sealed box. i think one can definitely go with the two 12s and 1100wrms. that would be quite a setup.

but a 15" rl-p can be a nasty beast as well. with 1100wrms, it'll knock and knock hard, in the right enclosure.

i don't know if i could seriously make this decision, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yeah I'm stuck on that decision. 1 15" vs 2 12's

I'm also looking at a TC Sounds 3000 15".

I know TC makes Sound Splinter, but how much difference would a single 15" TC3000 with 1114rms in custom seavled vs 1 15" RLP with 1114rms in custom sealed?

Yeah I'm stuck on that decision. 1 15" vs 2 12's

I'm also looking at a TC Sounds 3000 15".

I know TC makes Sound Splinter, but how much difference would a single 15" TC3000 with 1114rms in custom seavled vs 1 15" RLP with 1114rms in custom sealed?

The 3000 is a great subwoofer no doubt. But it really likes to have the power poured on. I'm giving one tc-3hp 10 1500watts rms. And it could use a good bit more.

With your 1100 watts. A Rl-p 15 will sound great and get pretty loud at the same time. I'd recommend the rl-p 15 with the power you have.