Sign in to follow this  
jrs_2007

BTL18 in trunk

hi guys. i was just wondering if anyone has a BTL18 in their trunk? i will be looking for a new or used car this weekend, and i want to be able to fit a decent sized box in the trunk. i really don't want to go with a hatchback, van or SUV

right now i have a 2.8 cubic foot box with a fosgate t115d4 and its not loud enough for me. i will be ordering a 15 or 18 inch BTL18 before the end of the month.

i want a 5 to 8 cubic foot enclosure to fit.

Edited by jrs_2007

If you want to fit an 18" BTL, I'd say a cadillac or lincoln would have enough room to fit the box. It just depends on where you plan on putting the extra batteries and amps. I'd decide what you like, then measure the trunk space and figure out if you'll have enough room. I like some of the old school cars, and they could fit A LOT of stuff in there. I like old cadillacs.

I got a 04 Crown Vic. In the center part of my trunk, I have 41" x 25" x 23" of free space for a enclosure. That still leaves space on both sides of the box for additional batteries, and the packgage shelf under my rear deck to mount my amps. Trust me, just about anything full size and rear wheel drive should have the room but not always.

id go with the crownvic's they are great for bass. i do atleast 3 a week in our shop. the dimensions of the whole are correct and there is plenty of room for batteries on the side and PLENTY of room for a floating or standard amp rack on the highest point of the trunk (right behind the rear seats). lemme know if you have anymore questions about this vehicle. i do 4 12's or 2 15's or 1 18 in them all day everyday.

id go with the crownvic's they are great for bass. i do atleast 3 a week in our shop. the dimensions of the whole are correct and there is plenty of room for batteries on the side and PLENTY of room for a floating or standard amp rack on the highest point of the trunk (right behind the rear seats). lemme know if you have anymore questions about this vehicle. i do 4 12's or 2 15's or 1 18 in them all day everyday.

Not to thread jack, but thats a idea I had for my trunk, doing a kind of floating amp rack and leavin the center part free for the subs. Im curious, what type of setups and subs have you did in crown vics? I had 4 12s in my for about a year (AA assassins) but looking for something new.

hi guys. i was just wondering if anyone has a BTL18 in their trunk? i will be looking for a new or used car this weekend, and i want to be able to fit a decent sized box in the trunk. i really don't want to go with a hatchback, van or SUV

right now i have a 2.8 cubic foot box with a fosgate t115d4 and its not loud enough for me. i will be ordering a 15 or 18 inch BTL18 before the end of the month.

i want a 5 to 8 cubic foot enclosure to fit.

this is a hard one. if your going to be a basshead for life, you should let the big subs choose your car selection if you know what i mean. but, if your more in the car chose then spl, do what you need to do. as far has trunk space for at least 8cu. thats still your call. i have a 4 door with a trunk and i placed my 18" bl in 7.5 cu. encloser, stripped the back seats out, and mounted the box back there because my trunk is too small. and i have no rattling either. finally, buy a car that will fit your personal needs along with the system needs.

Sign in to follow this