Sign in to follow this  
BaSs_I_LoVe_YoU

Screws?

im going to build my box today for my Fi BL 15" and i looked onlinw of what to use and it says to use Panhead sheet metal screws? shouldnt i use wood screws or are those wood screws?? and it also says to use drywall screws? why use drywall screws? whats the diffrence? and where do they go?

im going to build my box today for my Fi BL 15" and i looked onlinw of what to use and it says to use Panhead sheet metal screws? shouldnt i use wood screws or are those wood screws?? and it also says to use drywall screws? why use drywall screws? whats the diffrence? and where do they go?

You can use drywall screws to assemble the box. Be sure you predrill holes or the wood will split. I nail with an 18 ga air nailer to hold the joint together while I predrill and screw. Use plenty of wood glue.

#12 pan head sheet metal screws work great for holding the driver in the box. Once again, it works best if you can predrill holes.

Brian

I think the course screws hold the sub in place pretty well too, and don't strip out as easy as some of the finer thread screws. If you have access to an air nailer I'd just use that with some clamps till the glue dries, they make things a breeze. Good luck, you should post a build log if you can. :)

If you have access to an air nailer I'd just use that with some clamps till the glue dries, they make things a breeze. Good luck, you should post a build log if you can. :)

Can't be mentioned enough.

:domoslay:

I think the course screws hold the sub in place pretty well too, and don't strip out as easy as some of the finer thread screws.

I thought that too until my Blue Print 1803 fell out of the enclosure when all of the drywall screw heads busted. . . .

Sign in to follow this