Sign in to follow this  
surferdude9371

my btl blew

i just got in my 18 btl and had it prof installed 5 min into ownin it it blew so i need a recone who do i need to email i emailed shawn and scott multi times with no reply its been a few days?

i just got in my 18 btl and had it prof installed 5 min into ownin it it blew so i need a recone who do i need to email i emailed shawn and scott multi times with no reply its been a few days?

How did they set the gain? A BTL is pretty damn hard to kill, what amp are you using?

Something must be completely wrong.5 min.......is that a record for any Fi? Mad would'nt even explain it!

What is your email address? I dont think Ive seen anything or responded to anything about a BTL smoking in 5 minutes...

Whats your setup like?

Thanks,

Scott

surferdude9371@hotmail.com

\

What is your email address? I dont think Ive seen anything or responded to anything about a BTL smoking in 5 minutes...

Whats your setup like?

Thanks,

Scott

i think sumthin might be wrong with me email so i thought id get ahold of you on here i need a recone for my btl 18 after 5 mins of having it a vc popped

What kind of power were you throwing at that to blow it? was it on 2 amps- one per coil?

What amps and enclosure?

i think they sent it an ungodly clipped signal. are you sure they were "proffesionals"?

i think they sent it an ungodly clipped signal. are you sure they were "proffesionals"?

I agree with flakko...

Just cause it's a car audio shop doesn't make them professionals...

The only possible way I can think of that he blew up a btl in 5 minutes would be with two severely clipped signals and the voice coils wired backwards.:brick: Which shouldn't happen with "professional installation" :omgwtf:

:stfu:

We are all curious as to how you managed to kill a sub that could probably out last a circuit breaker on a wall outlet.

And need I restate my point...

:ttiwwop:

Edited by audio-neon

I don't think YOU blew it in 5mins.

Either the "Professionals" were screwing around with the sub (or you, or both)...or there's something we don't know.

What amp did you blow this BTL with? What HU? ....and maybe some info about the offending shop.

I would also like to know what amp were you using? How was it wired? What were the gains set to? I have a BTL in the garage that I was using for burps, that was seeing 1 SAZ1500D to each coil for about 3K W total, and I was unsuccessful @ trying to overpower it. Either your signal was clipped, or the "asshat's," that did your install were about as useful as an infant with a DMM. I also hope you realize that the BTL's don't come with a warranty due to their ridiculous power usage.

why in all these blown threads the poster only has like 5-10 post total, mostly from there own thread? :Doh:

why in all these blown threads the poster only has like 5-10 post total, mostly from there own thread? :Doh:

Normal members that don't want anyone to know they fudged up?

Wow, one thread not enough?

not only that but he has YET to explain his claim of it blowing in 5 mins which i think is a total crock of chit....

/thatisall

Never underestimate stupidity, anything's possible :lol:

going to see if I can combine the threads neatly....

Sign in to follow this