Koridan

The sound deadener Poll

Sound Deadening  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sound Deadener do you Prefer?

• Dynamat
    • Brown Bread
    • Second Skin
    • eDead
    • Cascade Audio
    • FatMat
    • RAAMmat
    • B-Quiet
    • Hushmat

I've used about every one of them, and I have to say that I've had best luck with Cascade Audio products coming straight from them, I don't know about the kits they sell on ebay though. They were followed very closely by Second Skin. The worst I've used was edead, it got up to 90 degrees, I turned on my subs and it sounded like one was blown, I opened the trunk, and the edead had fallen off and landed on the subs.

Noone seems to have used the Cascade, but IMHO, it's awesome.

Edited by stratusrt01

Then Damp Pro it is.... I just gotta figure how much I'll need. One layer of Damp Pro be enough? I am pretty damn positive that I could get better customer service from two def monkeys stuck in a well in Alaska. Anyway, This is a good topic I started, I'm so proud. Is it worthy enough to be Pinned? lol.

are you talking about second skin? because everytime i call the number ant answers... and ive got replies for pretty much everything off the forum or thru an e-mail to him so imo the service is awsome

I just got done adding RAAMmat to my first door. Went fine, easy to work with.

are you talking about second skin? because everytime i call the number ant answers... and ive got replies for pretty much everything off the forum or thru an e-mail to him so imo the service is awsome

No i was talking about FaGmat gosh it makes me mad just thinking about it. Almost two months no Delivery... I'm calling the CC company tomorrow and cancelling order. So i can get SecondSkin.

I know that B-Quiet Extreme is asphalt based, but I have never had it come off. I never clean the surface, never use a heat gun and it has never come off. I installed up to 3 layers in parts of my civic and it has never came loose in almost 3 years time. Most of it was installed when it was 20 degrees outside. I now have two layers of it in my TC and it has never came loose. I have also installed it in three of my team-mate's cars with no problems. I have tried to pull it off in a few spots and it is pretty much impossible.

Just wanted to say that there are still some good asphalt based deadener out there that can be had for cheap..

They have a butyl form out now, IIRC.

I still wouldn't give Ben a dime.

X2

whats wrong with the new ED deadener stuff? its buytul and its about half the cost of other products....other then the everlasting hate for ben and his minions is their another reason not to get this stuff?

I'm also curious as to the effectiveness of the edead v1-2, the $1.00 a ft one. I know its now supposedly butyl. Excpet for it being a e-duh product, does it actually stick?

I'm also curious as to the effectiveness of the edead v1-2, the $1.00 a ft one. I know its now supposedly butyl. Excpet for it being a e-duh product, does it actually stick?

This is why eDead is the worst purchase I've ever made. You can see where that one piece used to be and where the larger one has slid down about an inch:

edeaddh1.jpg

This is why eDead is the worst purchase I've ever made. You can see where that one piece used to be and where the larger one has slid down about an inch:

edeaddh1.jpg

Is this the original Asphalt eDead or the New Butyl Stuff?

After putting a layer down of Second Skin Damplifier Pro in the rear of the civic, I can easily say that it is the best deadening I have used.

my truck had brown bread all over it, never failed. over three years in there.

but second skin will be bought next project.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Guest zedman

I am still remaining excited to use my stock of Second Skin

I thought Dynamat was garbage...messy to work with and it comes off

out of all the deadener I used the B Quiet was the mose cost efficient and easiest

to use......I'll be putting 300sq2 ft in the Ground Pounder

out of all the deadener I used the B Quiet was the mose cost efficient and easiest

Don't waste your money on the B-Quiet.

Here is where I would shop:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

I've used B-Quiet on the past two installs I've done.

Never had a problem with it.

One of the most common mistakes in using any deadening

product is that most people don't use foil tape on the seams and edges...

This will prevent oozing and the vertical sliding like pictured above.

Pick up a roll at Home Depot or Lowe's

It's in the HVAC and insulation isle..

Edited by Jay-C76

I have used B Quiet on about 7 or 8 installs in the past year and the stuff

works well ,I have had no problems in any way with the product

plus they are only a Province away , the shipping is cheep and they give me good deals

I've used B-Quiet on the past two installs I've done.

Never had a problem with it.

One of the most common mistakes in using any deadening

product is that most people don't use foil tape on the seams and edges...

This will prevent oozing and the vertical sliding like pictured above.

Pick up a roll at Home Depot or Lowe's

It's in the HVAC and insulation isle..

Ouch, bad info. If your constrained layer requires foil tape to keep it from sliding it isn't doing its job.

The tests I saw on it a while back weren't so positive either. I'd avoid it unless they've seriously changed their game.

x2 on that. my damp pro doesnt need any foil tape... if anything i used it as foil tape to help hold up some MMP on my roof (well 2 small pieces)

i knew thumper was gonna say he buys it because of canada.gif... i bet you if b-quiet was usa.gif he would throw it away.

damn im being an ass to you today huh thump.... i need to go back to my corner or something :shrug:

Don't waste your money on the B-Quiet.

Here is where I would shop:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Thanks for the new showdown link. I remember the first showdown. It was very informative. Bookmarked. :)