Koridan

The sound deadener Poll

Sound Deadening  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sound Deadener do you Prefer?

• Dynamat
    • Brown Bread
    • Second Skin
    • eDead
    • Cascade Audio
    • FatMat
    • RAAMmat
    • B-Quiet
    • Hushmat

I may try his stuff and see how it performs.

A member on CA-F has some and loves it. :)

its not a review anymore... he is selling sound deadener now :worthless:

sorta sux

I'd disagree, we finally have a manufacturer who understands what works and what doesn't. NONE of the others do. There will be a new testing site up soon, I have offered to do some of the test work and am excited to be a part of it. Don't expect any tests up for a while though as there are a ton of variables to cover to make sure that everything is fair.

I may try his stuff and see how it performs.

It performs better than anything else for the money. Don does know what he is talking about, understands constrained layers, absorbers, barriers, and can actually provide useful information to his buyers.

The caveat is that I haven't used his stuff yet (although that will change in my next install), but as many of you know I work in the Acoustic & Vibration consulting field and I fully expect that everything that Don is selling to be really worth installing.

x2 on that. my damp pro doesnt need any foil tape... if anything i used it as foil tape to help hold up some MMP on my roof (well 2 small pieces)

i knew thumper was gonna say he buys it because of canada.gif... i bet you if b-quiet was usa.gif he would throw it away.

damn im being an ass to you today huh thump.... i need to go back to my corner or something :shrug:

the first few times I purchased B Quiet I ordered it on line from the USA...I never knew

it was a canadian product till about 8 months ago...

I have never seen any problem with any seeping on the seems or anyhting..my Tempo

was done up with this stuff over a year ago and the stuff is really on there...no sagging

or dripping or sliding in any way....I tried to peel some out yesterday (not a chance in hell)

personal experience shows me the product works..it stays on when applied and it does

what it was intended to do

there will always be someone who knocks it though

(usually because of word of mouth and not actuall experience using the stuff)

this thread is not a debate or poll anymore.....it's a buy this cause my buddy done it right

and he knows his stuff.....

FYI I wasn't using the foil tape to "hold it in place"

I notice a slight bit of seeping on the edges during

super hot summer days.

To nip it in the bud I foil taped every edge and seem.

Worked like a charm.

I have most of my truck done in B-Quiet.

I just think, like everything, the installation of the

product sets half the tone for how well it performs.

The composition of the material has the other half.

For every soundmat you'll hear complaints about

this and that...

As far as vertical surfaces and roofs,

you have to take into consideration,

why did it really fail?

Was the surface either:

a) not cleaned at all

b) cleaned half ass

c) properly cleaned

d) gap "bridging" too far?

Was the mat applied by fingers, hands, and a piece of s*** tiny roller,

or was it pressed and rolled out correctly?

To be honest,

I haven't actually seen any brand of mat fall off

unless there were installed incorrectly.

The only way you could actually tell performance wise in a real world application,

would be to mic the outside of the vehicle before and after.

Then do it over and over using various products

in a controlled environment. i.e. same car make and model, same stereo gear, ect.

this thread is not a debate or poll anymore.....it's a buy this cause my buddy done it right

Don is far from my buddy. Never met him; however, I have had conversations with him regarding testing and material properties and unlike other companies who provide a product like this he actually knows what he is talking about. I have a lot of respect for Paul from CAE as well, but the rest are in it for the business and not to provide a product that works.

The only way you could actually tell performance wise in a real world application,

would be to mic the outside of the vehicle before and after.

Then do it over and over using various products

in a controlled environment. i.e. same car make and model, same stereo gear, ect.

A mic will not tell you what you need to know. Measuring Sound Power/Transmission Loss/and also the actual panel damping is required. That is the issue with testing and why Don didn't do it in the past and focused on the glue. To test SP/TL you need an anechoic chamber and a reverb chamber and about $80-120k of equipment. Panel damping requires a $250k scanning vibrometer so the whole process is far from trivial.

x2 on that. my damp pro doesnt need any foil tape... if anything i used it as foil tape to help hold up some MMP on my roof (well 2 small pieces)

i knew thumper was gonna say he buys it because of canada.gif... i bet you if b-quiet was usa.gif he would throw it away.

damn im being an ass to you today huh thump.... i need to go back to my corner or something :shrug:

the first few times I purchased B Quiet I ordered it on line from the USA...I never knew

it was a canadian product till about 8 months ago...

I have never seen any problem with any seeping on the seems or anyhting..my Tempo

was done up with this stuff over a year ago and the stuff is really on there...no sagging

or dripping or sliding in any way....I tried to peel some out yesterday (not a chance in hell)

personal experience shows me the product works..it stays on when applied and it does

what it was intended to do

there will always be someone who knocks it though

(usually because of word of mouth and not actuall experience using the stuff)

lol you mean you paid for the extra shipping plus added duties and such :Doh: :Doh: that sucks man ive known its canadian since brown bread. but the only "experiance" i had with it was installed by my uncle. that shit fell off like all asphalt stuff does. But that was a while back so i cant really diss them too much now they might have changed. but i can still get you all :angry22: thou :fing34:

quick question, What do I clean my trunk with before applying some Showdown Dampening material, I got 10 tiles from Don and they are very Thick, but need to know what to clean it with, maybe some rubbing alcohol?

Let me know, thanks!

Vibrometer....I just love the way that sounds....hehehehe....

quick question, What do I clean my trunk with before applying some Showdown Dampening material, I got 10 tiles from Don and they are very Thick, but need to know what to clean it with, maybe some rubbing alcohol?

Let me know, thanks!

I like to use denatured alcohol - it's a more aggressive degreaser and it dries very quickly.

thanks Don!

No problem. Most cars don't need a lot of cleaning, by I always wipe everything down, even on new cars. No matter how clean a car is, inside the doors are usually filthy.

yea, well I was going to put them ont he other day but I have like a oily substance on it so better do it right the first time.

Just finished applying 10 CLD tiles to my trunk lid from Don@ Sound Deadner Showdown. They went on super easy, very sticky, very easy to cut, and made my trunk lid alot more heavier and it dont rattle nearly as much as it use to.

Very good product!!!!