sxmdaniel

SSD's replacing JL10W3's , help pls

Newly converted to FIcarudio products by xconcepts from caraudio i am wondering what is the min power requirement for the SSD's i will be replacing a pair JL Audio 10w3v2's in a sealed enlosure of 0.625 which are both being powered by a JL Audio 500/1 , and being unfermiliar with the FIcarudio subs , i'm wondering will a pair of 10 "SSD's work properly being connected and boxed the same way ??

The Jl's were rated 300 W each , will the amp be sufficient for these two SSD's to perform properly ? i,m also thinking flat wind and copper , is it a good idea to add these two add ons with this amp and enclosure set up .?

Will also be adding a pair of 10 " 2 ohm BL's each connected individually to it's own Alpine PDX 1000.1 in a ported enclosure tuned at 32 , will add P chamfer , cooling , Flatwind , and universal , what do you guys think ??

Dan

on the SSD's the SSD's will sound good with a 500/1 but can definately take much more power. You cant add flatwind and copper, and honestly with the power I wouldnt do either coil, I would just get the standard SSD's, unless at some point you plan on adding much more power. The Copper coil option with more power will give you a little bit better SQ than the standard or flatwind. The only reason to use the flatwind would be in applications for over 800 watts RMS per subwoofer.

I hope this helps brother, if you have anymore questions, you can either post here, or email me at shawn@ficaraudio.com

Thanks

Shawn

Also on the BL's, P chamfer is including in the cooling package. So no need to buy both! :)

Also on the BL's, P chamfer is including in the cooling package. So no need to buy both! :)

Thank you , will keep you posted .