Sign in to follow this  
ripper

SPL box for Icon 15

the new box comes out to 4.09 cu ft after port and sub displacement, tuned to 40.94 hz. This is going to be my SPL box for my comp on Sunday July 8th. I have to mount the amps on the rear of box and cut the whole for sub so the box is not totally completed in the car yet. Heres some pics but the rest will come tomorrow. I will also post pics from the show and the numbers I did with the Icon 15 at the show sunday. But remember, im still not sure if its the perfect SPL box for the sub, so more testing is required, this isnt a sub everyone knows the best box to make for it like RE subs or SI subs. In my opinion this sub is great and I wish people would give it a chance.

ICONNEWBOX1.jpg

iconnewbox2.jpg

iconenewbox3.jpg

iconnewbox4.jpg

iconnewbox5.jpg

Looking forward to the results!!!

looks great, if the numbers aren't what your lookin for, you'll deff have to rebuild.....trail and error, trail and error..

i'm going to a show in upstate AZ the weekend of the 14th, i'll have to get my set up on the mic. not expecting big things just because it's tuned to 35hz, but should be interesting to see what it will do at that tuning...

"In my opinion this sub is great and I wish people would give it a chance. "

Well I just bought a 1500D from Ebay - Sundown so I am going to buy an Icon 15 in about a week. I am going to run it sealed 2.5cu ft. as long as its enough to give me a little back rub on the way home from work and it has good SQ I will be happy.

If I am easy on the gain do you think I will be fine with the 1500d ?

MJ

"In my opinion this sub is great and I wish people would give it a chance. "

Well I just bought a 1500D from Ebay - Sundown so I am going to buy an Icon 15 in about a week. I am going to run it sealed 2.5cu ft. as long as its enough to give me a little back rub on the way home from work and it has good SQ I will be happy.

If I am easy on the gain do you think I will be fine with the 1500d ?

MJ

I would keep the gain low until the sub is broken in. Then adjust up a little until the sub tells you to back off. But yeah, if you give it full bore power with the 1500D it will not like it nor is it designed to take 1650-1700 watts constant.

im was sending mine around 1300 before i started the build on this new box. Sounded great to me...but then again my boxes are ported

Edited by ripper

He has since bought a BTL.