ok i got 2 RE HC' 12's, and im looking for opinions on amp(s) to get, so far denim has helped me out alot, he has recomended the following:

2 kx800.4

2 dei 1100

1 pg tantrum 1200.1

1 us amp 2000

and many more

so what would you recommend. It dont have to be one of them can be anything.

thanx,

Rob

700 watts to each i was told that it would barely even be pushing them. fill me in on that plz

700 watts to each i was told that it would barely even be pushing them. fill me in on that plz

depending on the size of the enclosure---as the size goes up---the sensitvity goes up(doesn't need as much power)

gonna be around a 4 cube box for them maybe a lil more just depends how it all works out. Still trying to sweet talk dave into giving me plans lol. ;)

Memphis 1500d

1600 rms at 2ohm. super clean power. super efficent. about 550 shipped from indoaudio on ebay. 800 watts to each sub which is enough.

Hey forget the box of 4 cubes. Volvo corrected me ive got more then 8 cubes to play around with. Its a hatchback so im going CRX box all the way. all i need to do is get some plans. But dave of re can be a .... to get ahold of sometiimes. lol. ty all for urhelp and u can keep giving me advice. Because i need it :wacko:

Hey forget the box of 4 cubes. Volvo corrected me ive got more then 8 cubes to play around with. Its a hatchback so im going CRX box all the way. all i need to do is get some plans. But dave of re can be a .... to get ahold of sometiimes. lol. ty all for urhelp and u can keep giving me advice. Because i need it :wacko:

send a aim to Goin Def Audio. His name is matt, he is an RE dealer from AL and is on almost everynight. Tell him I (aaron) said you were cool and he will help you with the box info lol. He knows his stuff. I really dont know what the range is for ported HC boxes. If I had to guess like i was saying I think 2.5 cubes each at about 33hz would do what you want but I'm really not sure. You'll hafta get an RE guy to help ya. If you got anymore q's hit me up on aim again. -aaron

ty for refering me to matt. i really appreciate it. hopefully he can hook me up.

this will be my first box i build. My step dad will be helping me because hes a carpenter. Does anyone know a site or guide that tells exactly how to make. i no the basics i just dont wanna.... it up. cut,predrill, glue, screw. pass on ur knowledge :D

the memphis isnt a current hog like the orion :wacko: . i gotta check the size of my alt im guessing between 100-130 on it ill have to look. Is there anyway i can get the orion at the same price as the memphis? Has anyone had experience with either of the amps? just some input on this.

and which would u want for the setup.

orion 2400

or memphis 1500d

anyone? does the orion have a subsonic filter? and with 1100 to each how long will my hearing last! :blink:

If down to those two I would go Orion

ok i got 2 RE HC' 12's, and im looking for opinions on amp(s) to get, so far denim has helped me out alot, he has recomended the following:

2 kx800.4

Yea why the hell did denim recommend a 4 channel amp for a sub?

its super cheap and he could run two channels per sub