Aaron Clinton

What audio transactions do you regret?

I regret going with a Cadence Z800 over the A7HC, because the A7 was a sick amp and it would have been more useful down the road.

I also regret selling the only MAW-10 we had here, would have been perfect to squeeze in our little movie room.

I sold a few original SoundStream amps, the most recent being the 164, clean strong little amp.

my memphis st1100d, though it's still in the family.

my treo ss 15s and alpine cda 7894.

my 18 solo x and the ma audio hk4000d i had to push it.

those are my only regrets.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have a few protos around here that might work for the movie room. Remember the "E Series" prototype I posted up? I may end up not producing those as the SD-1 has done so well in that price range, let me know :)

-----

Hmmm... probably just a few early things... some crappy Crunch DS amps. Probably should never have sold my Linear Power 2.2HV or Brahma MK1 15s either...

I regret selling my Decware Zen, that was a hell of an amp, and I doubt I'll get another for the same price again...

Car audio wise, I don't know why I bought an Avionixx 800.2 back then. Falling into the eD-hype, I guess.

Forgot to mention my US Acoustics USA 600F, gotta love big A/B ZED Audio amps!

ooh boy- here we go..

i regret getting-

4 ed 19ov2's

2 ed 13ov2's

5 hifonics amps

1 of my tc5200's

2 12" re se's

2 re 8's

things i regret selling

4 re hc's

2 18" mt's

4 of the rockford t30001bd's ( i loved those amps, i still have 2 though:) )

I wish I never sold my Phoenix Gold ZX450, ZX250 and a pair of Xmax 10s I had I liked them alot.

Future mistake maybe.

I have an Eclipse SW8200 BNIB that I keep thinking about selling but I keep stopping my self.

ooh boy- here we go..

i regret getting-

4 ed 19ov2's

2 ed 13ov2's

5 hifonics amps

1 of my tc5200's

2 12" re se's

2 re 8's

things i regret selling

4 re hc's

2 18" mt's

4 of the rockford t30001bd's ( i loved those amps, i still have 2 though:) )

Why do you regret the SE's?

I regret being talked into buying an overpriced useless amp at a local audio shop :biggun:

-John

Mainly becuase i replaced a set of 12" hc's with them. (the hc's were several years old, and tired to say the least) The hc's simply walked all over the se's:( in retrospect- i should have just reconed the hc's.. im sure the se's are decent subs, but they didnt live up to the hype...

Mainly becuase i replaced a set of 12" hc's with them. (the hc's were several years old, and tired to say the least) The hc's simply walked all over the se's:( in retrospect- i should have just reconed the hc's.. im sure the se's are decent subs, but they didnt live up to the hype...

well hell, the SEs were never meant to contend with an HC, thats what the SXs were for. . .

Hmmm, I could have kept the old linear power and coustic amps I once had my hands on. These were the old square black coustic amps, they were close to a LP....and the original black/alum LPs. I know who still has some of them. And yes I could have bought that stuff back then reasonable and kept it. I have an eclipse SW6200 NIB that I will get rid of soon, never used it and don't see myself trying a single sub again anytime soon.

Lol, I just bought a hifonics it was too cheap to pass up. I'll have to try it out. I just do SQ so I don't usually beat the stuff to death anymore. But in reality amps are so cheap today; you take a look at the original price of the linear powers back in the 80s/90s and add inflation and you will be amazed how high they were. Now you can buy a big kicker/etc and get a fairly good amp for way less, even some of the really good amps are cheaper today. Amps used to be gold; they got ripped off all the time and I didn't dare park my car over night in an apartment complex or in town back then. I bolted them in so if anyone tried it would be a lot of work to get them out. They would take subs and HUs too. All of my early cars had a stereo in them worth more than the car, in a few beaters it was a lot more. We would get winter beaters for $100-200, you could buy a couple for the price of one amp.

and for the record i regret selling my AA Atlas. . . for the money that sub could pound with only 300 watts gong to iti

Not really a transaction , but I regret using my 2 power 1000's for competetion . Thus having them in my vehicle in a strange area for an ass hat to steal :( Other than that , I have come to live with my previous stupidity over the years :)

well hell, the SEs were never meant to contend with an HC, thats what the SXs were for. . .

I'm aware of that... still disappointed me:)

and for the record i regret selling my AA Atlas. . . for the money that sub could pound with only 300 watts gong to iti

same here, i shoulda kept that 15" er :(

How about the other direction:

These are things I regret buying an Eclipse h/u, my Adcom pre-amplifier, Def Tech speakers, Carver True sub, Infinity Pro Components, Rockford 5.25" Pro Midbasses (aargh 6.5 were the same price), JL 10w0 (ya, shut it), JVC Arsenal h/u, and a bunch of other really noob stuff from a long time ago.

As for what I regret selling, or in this case not replacing were a pair of 1500gti's. They were stolen out of the XL while it was in a shop, their insurance covered it but I spent the money on go fast goodies instead.

Wow this topic really took off fast. I do miss my Audio Control 4.1.

heh bad transactions, lol I have to many. good transactions I dont have enough.

lately I regretted buying a DMM from walmart

But on the other hand I did get a good deal on a CDA-9856 from circuitcity.

I regret buying Boss gear back in 2003ish.

Buying useless IMPP Pioneer subs because I didn't know better (which I still have).

I regret my first box building attempt (don't ask).

I regret thinking the kid who I bought my civic from had fused the power wire (shorted while driving... lots of smoke and melted carpet).

I regret changing my mind on system choices sooooo often, because now I have a closet full of awesome gear, 3/4ths of which I will never use.

I regret buying broken gear with the intention to fix. :/

Paying a shop to do an install for me.

my regret as well. was more than 5 years ago, but once i did my first install shortly after i paid for one, i realized how much money i wasted.

I regret buying an 8", because I was misinformed about sq and cone size.

I regret letting a friend with "some" knowledge install my amps and sub.

I regret letting a local shop tech talk me into letting him build me a ported enclosure, even though I already had a nice sealed box built for me. Needless to say, the ported box was less than stellar.

I regret my first box building attempt (don't ask).

I wish I could ask, because I'm going to be attempting my first build very soon. :blink:

Blowing my 2 Soundstream Refrence 500's , giving away my Refrence 200 , selling my Art series A600 , giving away my Soundstream SPL 15 , buying 2 12" Kicker solobaric L5's from Crutchfield , buying an MTX 801D from a local shop for $450 "On Sale" , Trading away my AA Avalanche , this one hurts the most :(