Sign in to follow this  
kegann

some questions

Hello, I plan to buy some subs from here. I have a 93 camaro. Im wanting a very loud system with decent SQ. Ive been told to just get 1 10 in a custom box on another forum, but was hoping an emloyee would help me more. I was planning on getting 1 BTL 10/12/15 but dont know which would be best given the room in a camaro trunk. I will be powering it with this

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...product_id=4200

And my friend who has I think 2 rockford fosgate t1 15's, dont know the amp powering them. In a chevy tahoe. He swears by rocford and im wanting a system that will be just as loud, if not louder then his.(least thats what im hoping for)

Cross-posting isn't needed, you'll get the answers you want with one thread.

Thanks for the tip bro. I did not realize that the forums werent all for these specific subs. So I made the post again HERE because this is for the specific subs. Sorry you had to click the same post twice.

I know for a fact that your camaro can fit 2 18"s in infinite baffle in the trunk, so any of the btl sizes should work for you if fed enough power.

I wouldn't use a BTL in IB...ever...

Like I said in the other thread, if you actually want decent SQ, go with a Q. Or re-evaluate what you want.

I wouldn't use a BTL in IB...ever...

Like I said in the other thread, if you actually want decent SQ, go with a Q. Or re-evaluate what you want.

in IB? Whats IB? Also I did look at the Q's. And as in decent SQ I mean I can understand what they are saying since it will be mostly rap I listen to. Still think I should use Q?

Also jimj, since that guy said he knows for a fact 2 18s can fit in a camaro, would 1 18 be ideal compaired to lets say a 12? Im not enirely sure what size difference makes but I always thought the bigger the sub the better the low bass?

Thanks for answering my questions J

Whats IB?
Basically a sealed enclosure 4 to 10 times greater than the Vas of the sub. Not what you'd want for the BTL.
Still think I should use Q?

In that case, it sounds like the BTL is good for you.

Im not enirely sure what size difference makes but I always thought the bigger the sub the better the low bass?

A good rule of thumb is to get as much cone area as you can fit and still stay within enclosure recommendations.

I wasn't trying to imply that you should use a btl in infinite baffle. An underhung tc2 or Image Dynamics 18D are just amazing sounding in IB though and can get hella low.

At that point if you can get the space, then a standard 2 magnet BTL with only the pole chamfer would work well. No need to spend the extra $$$ without having more power... and the needed electrical upgrades to support it as well.

Thanks,

Scott

If your going to buy the hifonics amp try ebay with a store front. I got mine for about 300 shipped and w/ a 1 year warranty from them

At that point if you can get the space, then a standard 2 magnet BTL with only the pole chamfer would work well. No need to spend the extra $$$ without having more power... and the needed electrical upgrades to support it as well.

Thanks,

Scott

So you saying that amp wont fully power it? I want to fully load it, I will upgrade the amp if need be.

IB=Infinite Baffle, meaning huge sealed box...your whole trunk. It also means you can use your trunk to haul stuff around if you need to. It is like mounting subs in the rear deck of a car, the right ones hammer good too. You get a smooth roll off in Hz down low so you can hit low tones easily, but you have no box to help control the speaker if over driven. Once you hit xmax you are done and can't use more power (unless you want to trash the subs)....unless you add more subs. This would not be the hot setup for spl usually, you may not need as much power as a box though. And it will not give you a bump in output like a box can for higher Hz high spl. The right subs can make great SQ, and they will move a lot of air. I almost have 4 12" installed into my back seat IB. If it meets your needs it can be great, if not use a box.

Sign in to follow this