Brad and Sean, I imagine you guys will be the most help here but I'm looking for anyone's input with insight here. I have noticed a bit of an acoustic phenomenon in both my vehicles that I'm sure exists in others but I'd love to figure out how to adapt or harness it to be put to real use. I'm also looking for the exact reason the acoustics work this way. In my Jimmy, for example, I have the doors deadened with CLD and CCF (MLV is in the works) and the Bravox components are mounted in good heavy MDF baffles. They sound great with good strong midbass and can even extend fairly low for their small size and low HU power. My only complaint is that they're a bit "forward" or "in your face" and there was a little beaming or resonance in the 2k-3k range which I was able to EQ out with the HU's EQ and it was only noticeable on certain music anyway. Otherwise they're some of the best components I've owned to date. Now to the point of this post. If I sit in the back seat, or get in the back of the truck like I was the other day taking measurements for the complete redesign on the amp racks they sound COMPLETELY different. They're smoother, more subdued, less "forward" or "in your face" sounding and the midbass and bass are much more pronounced, fuller and warmer sounding. It was like listening to a really good set of house speakers. I started playing with different songs and some settings on the HU and simply couldn't believe the difference. My questions are pretty basic unlike the answers. Why is there such a dramatic difference? What, if anything, can be done to achieve that same result while sitting in the front of the vehicle? I know it takes some distance for the frequency waves for bass to fully develop and the seats are likely helping with the midrange and highs smoothing, so I'm sure that has some play in this. I also know that acoustics are just tricky, results are always going to be different when listener and speaker positions change, changes in the environment, placement of objects, and the materials of everything all play a role in the outcome. Vehicles only make all these acoustic effects harder to predict and work with, so I guess I'm just looking for a better understanding of WHY the dramatic difference exists. That will likely tell me if there is even a HOW to create the same effect/result from a front listening position.