Sign in to follow this  
snb778

Another build for the 99 Maxima

Just built this a few days ago...havin some power issues so I can't put it in the car quite yet, but here's the build.

single15001cd5.th.jpg

single15002au2.th.jpg

single15003am7.th.jpg

single15004fe1.th.jpg

single15005ms3.th.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me out here... as you all know, the edges are easy to clamp down so they don't move while you are screwing them in, but how do you do the port...my port kept moving like this. What I had to do, was just glue it down, and Silicon it until it dried, THENNNN i tipped the box on its side and screwed it down, but this kinda defeats the point of the glue then.. any techniques you guys could give me?? Thanks.

boxpicqf8.th.png

single15006ng9.th.jpg

single15007xv7.th.jpg

single15008pd5.th.jpg

single15009jr5.th.jpg

single15010qw3.th.jpg

I used silicon II and resin on all the edges and corners..... somehow a few pieces of 1/2" MDF got in there... I honestly have NO CLUE how that happened...its absolutely mind boggling, bcause it was all cut from the same sheet........????????

bump... can someone please give me some tips for properly screwing down the port piece? This is my third box, and I still don't know how to do it right.

box looks good! for the port...i've always been able to clamp mine down, if not i just hold it in place and lightly screw it in till i make sure it grabs where i want it to, then tighten it in place. maybe have someone hold it in place while you do it?

box looks good! for the port...i've always been able to clamp mine down, if not i just hold it in place and lightly screw it in till i make sure it grabs where i want it to, then tighten it in place. maybe have someone hold it in place while you do it?

how do you clamp it down...most clamps are only like 2-4" deep, then it hits the bar

bumpppp

nice job man

i wanna see it in the trunk

i got a 98 max btw :woot: