Sign in to follow this  
Jybfan04

12" FI ssd D1 Copper coils

The SSD is a great sub...

fing34.gif

The SSD is currently being powered by a SAZ-1500d on my stock electrical along with my beautiful Pioneer 860mp as the captain of the ship

Anywho

When I first purcahsed the sub I only had a 4.5 cu ft ported enclosure for its home and well lets say it was a great experience to say the least.

4.5 cu ft review:

4.5 cu ft enclosure didn't really provide the SQ that I was looking for but it was loud and allowed it to produce a substantial amount of spl. Very noticable to the point it would tickle my ears and this is one sub mind you had friends that rode in my car think I had 2 subs. I enjoyed the 4.5 cu ft enclosure but due to me having copper coils and reading more and more up on it I felt that I was missing out alot on the low end of things because the copper coils were designed to work better with smaller enclosures. The sub had a pretty good low end but felt it has more left in it. It gets a lil peaky on the higher frequencies but im hoping I can smooth alot of that out with a bit of tweaking.

Dual 2 cu ft review:

now onto the other enclosure that I own I let a buddy borrow my dual 2 cu ft enclosure and was waiting till he got back into town from school so we can swap becuase the 4.5 cu ft is his. So currently I have the ssd in on of the sides of the box and the net for the box is approximately 4 cu ft so when I go to purchase another ssd it will fit nice and snug next to its brother. I am still testing the sub and the gains are minimal dropping it down to a smaller enclosure actually im a little bit upset that I lost the spl that I was fond of with the 4.5 cu ft however I have noticed that the sub is a little bit louder to the ear but im sure with the meter the 4.5 cu ft will have produced some better numbers. the 2 cu ft enclosure has a lot of sq more sq than I really want but again I still have some tweaking to do so I will keep you guys updated as I find that sweat spot for this sub.

Thanks Scott for a great product and I will be contacting you soon because I have a few questions to ask you before I purchase another ssd.