mrogowski

Next-Gen 18: IXL-18.4 Pre-Order

Hi Everyone,

Its taken quite awhile to get this finished, but we are finally there. The IXL-18.4 is now ready for production and I am offering folks a decent introductory price for those of you who want it now.

Here are the specs of the driver and a few shots:

Fs = 15.4Hz

Re = 3.2Ohm

Qms = 4.87

Qes = 0.39

Qts = 0.36

Vas = 556L

Sd = 1029.2cm

BL = 15.1

Mms = 228g

Cms = 0.37mm

SPL = 89.2

Xmax = 22mm

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Pre-Order Information

This is NOT your typical 'pre-order' process in that 100% paid-in-full funds are being requested. Instead, I am requesting a $20USD non refundable "commitment" deposit (per driver) from those of you who wish to get in on the ground level. In return, you will save $25 off the selling price PER UNIT.

The introductory cost of the IXL-18.4 is $155.00USD each, plus a flat rate shipping charge of $20.00 per unit within North America. So, landed at your door for $175.00 each.

For pre-order deposits I am requesting folks either mail me their funds or use PayPal - sorry, no credit card transactions. My PayPal account is sales@mach5audio.com.

Those who have committed to the pre-order will be placed on an email list and will be informed of the production progress at regular intervals.

*** Please Note ***

This pre-order could take upwards of three (3) months before you receive your product. This is simply due to production times, shipping, etc. Please be aware of this before you commit to this purchase.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark you depress me! Now I need a bigger trunk. :nutkick::lol2:

Anyone model these up yet for enclosure specs? C'mmoonn..... 4 cubes sealed!

So regular post preorder phase price would be $195 + shipping fee of $20?

What was their power handling spec again?

Ah, crap, I knew I forgot something...

800 watts RMS.

Just concentrate on getting that new eD sub - I really wanna see it!

Anyone model these up yet for enclosure specs? C'mmoonn..... 4 cubes sealed!

Big Vas, so you can expect Qtc 0.707 to be reached around 6.5 - 7 cubic feet.

Of course, with such a low Fs, you can easily use a higher Qtc (say 0.800-ish) which would be around 5 cubes.

Money sent for a pair.

Yeah, its a single coil config. The '.4' may turn into a '.2' for a 2 Ohm config. Hang tight, we'll see what happens.

Best,

Mark

Yeah, its a single coil config. The '.4' may turn into a '.2' for a 2 Ohm config. Hang tight, we'll see what happens.

Best,

Mark

alright cool. thanks a lot. If/when this is available in 15's or 12's, that will be nice. Until then, I think the MAW's will suit me and my budget just fine.

How likely are 15's in the new IXL range? This looks like a phenomenal driver, but the VAS is just too big.... a 15 would be more manageable. Otherwise, the MAW's it is.

Wow. This subwoofer looks like the volume displacement bargain of the century. It has almost twice the xmax of the old Adire Maelstrom ca. 2002, while coming awfully close to half the cost. Gotta love progress!

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, what's the Le? Also, and considering the cost I have a feeling I know the answer (while also knowing that because of said Vd/$ ratio I might not care that much...) but it wouldn't happen to have a shorting ring in the motor, would it?

Edited by DS-21

The Le reading I received from the OEM is 3.00mH; no shorting ring.

Best,

Mark

Based on 500w, it doesn't reach Xmax in 13cuft. But your saying 800w. Would it exceed Xmax based on 4 or 2ohms? BTW, what's the Xmech?

VBExcursionMach5Audio18.gif

Not sure I'm following you when you say '4 or 2 Ohms'....

Meant to ask the drivers impendence. Example: 4ohm SVC.

Hi Mark,

I'm looking forward to these subs arriving. Can you tell us what the weight of the sub is? Thanks.

Meant to ask the drivers impendence. Example: 4ohm SVC.

Ah. The driver will have a nominal 4 Ohm impedance; Xmech is on the order of 26mm.

How long will the pre-order last?

Probably another week.

Hi Mark,

I'm looking forward to these subs arriving. Can you tell us what the weight of the sub is? Thanks.

~31lbs. My weigh scale isn't the most accurate so use this number as an estimate. ;)

Best,

Mark

Hey mark, I got a quick question, any idea about the subs recommend box specs for car audio? Sealed and ported?

I dont know what you guys got but I got a sealed box recommendation of 6.8 ft^3 from winISD. And ported was over 13 ft^3 @17hz LOL

I dont know what you guys got but I got a sealed box recommendation of 6.8 ft^3 from winISD. And ported was over 13 ft^3 @17hz LOL

I hope not, I got a lot of trunk space in my Crown Vic but not that much lol :o

Hmm...26 cubes for two...I got that :)

I wouldn't trust any numbers winISD is telling you. It's not the best tool for the job, by far...

Hmm...26 cubes for two...I got that :)

I wouldn't trust any numbers winISD is telling you. It's not the best tool for the job, by far...

Man I hope that is true about winISD.

I a little ticked right now. I just bought two Oz Matrix Elite 15.4 for a Free Air setup in my comp car, and now I see this. I was want a great 18, but none of Manufactors I carry has one, I was looking at the MJ-18, but went with the ME 15.4. If this beast will work great in 4-5 each I will be ordering 2 for my comp car.

So Mark, want is the recommanded sealed in enclouser for this beast for car use. Please let me know soon I don't want to miss the pre-order price. Also I will need to change the amps I have not to my sub system. The make to max rms power at 2 ohms, I need to get the 4 ohm ones if I'm going to run these beast.

Great looking subwoofer and I amazing price! :fing34::thanx:

Since this driver was designed more for large vented and IB setups, going sealed would require a big honkin box. 5 cubes sealed would be a bare minimum (with heavy stuffing), and 7 cubes would make it "happy". You will get very good extension this way.

Not sure about SPL competitions, but I assume that you would probably want a peaky response from your sub at a certain frequency. Correct me if I'm wrong here...

If so, then aim for a Qtc of 1 (~3 cubes). This should give you a nice lump at ~60Hz.

Best,

Mark

*** Update ***

Deadline for Pre-Order:

April 6, 2007

Best,

Mark