Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

4 week out prep

Now before I began let me say that everyone is different and this may not work for you, but is my personal experience.

So I have my first bodybuilding comp in 4 weeks. I've known about it since Jan.

February-weight 240lbs-20%bf

-Was trying to eat every 3 hours

-had all my food in Tupperware hauling it around with me.

-I worked out heavy weights 3 days a week ending with 30-45min cardio

-I did lose maybe 2lbs for the whole month, but nothing noticeable

March-weight 238lbs

-Ran across the Hodge twins on you tube (hilarious vids btw)

-I began skipping breakfast and lunch(eating 1 big meal , protein shake, and maybe some leftovers)-sleep repeat

-1 hydroxy cut pill at work to stop cravings

-Still working out 3 days a week heavy weights, cardio at the end LISS(low intensity steady state) so just a brisk pace on treadmill at maybe 3.0max

-As of today im down to 229lbs, in 3 weeks

I have been taking yohimbe-hcl( a selective alpha 2 antagonist.) which is said to help with trouble areas.

I cannot for the life of me get any vasculararity in my legs, however i am seeing a reduction in my rib cage of all places lol.

I also am trying to drink at least a gallon of water a day, no sodas except maybe a diet 1 here or there

Reason being fructose sugar or real sugar will most likely to fat if glycogen levels are full, sugar is a carbohydrate, if you ever look at sugar and carbs on a lablel they are usually really close in value.

Dextrose and maltodextrin are better substitutes for sugar as they are absorbed much quicker and used more efficiently for energy.

Im eating maybe 1000 calories a day. except sundays

yes it sucks, but im not satisfied with my bf%,

Im just still trying to diet down right now.

Sodium loading and carb cutting doesn't start till 2 weeks out.

All that means is that I will be drying to dry myself out and retain as little water as possible .

this week-3/18-3/23

Mon-Friday meals will be baked chicken, veggies and protein shake, with lots of H20

SAT-Sun....IDK yet lol

any questions just ask

my other thread should prove to be more useful information that just rambling  lol

Oooops I missed this lol... reading now

Good stuff dj. What weight are you trying to reach or are you only after the bf% you have I'm mind?

Good stuff dj. What weight are you trying to reach or are you only after the bf% you have I'm mind?

Only BF% since i have never been on a cut before.

I weighed myself yesterday and im down to 225 at 16-18% supposedly.

So 189 would be no BF, but i cant see myself loosing that much weight

Weight is just falling off really. Abs are slowly coming in(I'll post pics when its all over with before and after)

I took my prework out which is called Zero-Loss

https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/83/ZL+Pre-Workout+Fruit+Punch/

with 5 Yohimbe HCL pills before the gym.

I couldn't even run on the treadmill without my heart racing, which wasn't good.

I have taken the two together before but not at such a high does.

the prework out by itself if intense, so i think i may just stop using it because of the creatine in it an water weight retention and just stick to the yohimbe.

Guess i can post my workouts as well.

Monday-

elliptical 20mins

Bench- These numbers are going to drop from lack of calories

135x15

225x15

315x8

225x8

135x8

I couldn't stop sweating or catch my breathe so i went to machines

Separate arm Curls

each arm 4 sets

Military press

4 sets

Flys

4 sets

Cable crosses

Down 3 sets

straight 3 sets

up 2 sets

30 mins on treadmill at 2.5-3

Tuesday

1 Hour of cardio on treadmill

Edited by djjdnap

I was gonna ask if you were taking creatine since I know it holds water. Workout looks great man! I've been pre-workout free for like 2-3 months. Sucks actually but I'm literally broke so its one of the things I need to cut. Lol

I put numbers in for my big lifts because.

I have been losing rapid weight and still have not had much degradation in muscle.

however I hate getting up for work now, smh like there is no energy to get out of the bed, but once im up im up...could be this dam time change as well.

Wednesday:

Leg day:

So before i started I weighed myself and was around 220lbs...yea another 5lbs off

Shit this weight is falling off something serious.

img3563.png

Squats-

135x20

225x20

315x15

405x8

495x5

585x2

495x3

315x8

---------almost threw up lol

leg press calves

leg press

leg extensions

hammy kickbacks

standing calves

sitting calves

abs

1hr cardio treadmill

Thursday:

2 Hr of cardio on treadmill

Friday:

TBA

Edited by djjdnap

my squats are pretty weak..... I think my "flat feet" don't make it easy either.... 

Pics...

Pics...

this is what I read.... a/s/l

damn this is something intense......best of luck to you!

I'll take up your calories you aren't eating while you cut, hahahaha

are you still doing the "fasting" for 16hrs during this phase? or just dropping calorie intake?

also this "zero loss".... how long you been taking it? what others have you tried? I mean it's $20 so it looks like a steal if it can give similar effects to N.O. Xplode

Wanting to see the before and after pics as I need to go on a regular diet. I'm a big boy...

lmao man he said i read a/s/l lmao mamoru-tehe.gif

Well today my boss took us out for a 'team building' aka march madness exercise at bw3 aka buffalo wild wings.angry2.gif

Yea i broke down today lol, i told myself i wasn't gonna go, but was coerced lol.

had about 15wings and a beer. I guess its not as bad as i think, but it broke my focus for the day lol, so today is a cheat day i guess.

So the gym closes early on Friday toosigh.gif

all i got done was deadlifts and some other small things, probably a good thing since im sore from doing legs still

Deadlifts:

135x10

225x10

315x10

405x10

495x6

585x2

315x8

dips

tbar rows

some weird cable pull thing lol

closing time smh

I think next week i plan on doing more intense cardio.

This week i only walked at 2-3pace on the treadmil

I plan on getting a higher heart rate and burning more calories next week.

Will be interesting to see if high intensity does burn more muscle or continues to burn fat.

my squats are pretty weak..... I think my "flat feet" don't make it easy either.... 

Flat feet is actually a good thing.
You push from your heels. I dont wear shoes once i get over 315.

If you have say running shoes on chances are you might tip forward and crash into the rack lol, no bueno

Pics...

Well I dont have any new after pics just yet.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/djjdnap/

haven't updated it in a couple months but its some older pics on there

damn this is something intense......best of luck to you!

I'll take up your calories you aren't eating while you cut, hahahaha

are you still doing the "fasting" for 16hrs during this phase? or just dropping calorie intake?

I am still doing the fasting.

Just eating 1 time a day

Chicken breast, vegies, brown rice, protein shake, plus vitamin supps

soo i put it in that app today and it said around 500 calories lol, i was giving myself 800 lol

also this "zero loss".... how long you been taking it? what others have you tried? I mean it's $20 so it looks like a steal if it can give similar effects to N.O. Xplode

Well honestly people react to stims differently.

I've taken alot of them including NO xplode

zero loss is way way more powerfull, but if you take 3 scoops you will have to wait a day before your umm little man works the right way lol

I think the term is called Stim Dicksigh.gif , never had it with anything else and it goes away, but if you plan on getting some take 1/2 or 1 scoop lol.

But you will definitely feel it, it was like taking Jack3d for the first time all over again. I have about 3 scoops left. lol.

I will put it like this, my girl has taken 1 hdroxycut pill and thought she was gonna have a heart attack. Ive taken 2 with coffee and felt nothing.adhd.gif

Wanting to see the before and after pics as I need to go on a regular diet. I'm a big boy...

So a lb is 3500calories they say right.

So what they tell you is to cut 500cals a day so 7days *500calories =3500calories or 1lb

If you do cardio you can lose even less.

I guess it could be the shoes....

I don't know what I read a/s/l means...so if it is funny, I don't have a clue?

Pics...

this is what I read.... a/s/l

yes funny it was supposed to be.... A/S/L = age/sex/location ..... I was making a joke.... now that is poop....

I'll look into the shoes Q

weekends almost over lol

Not that bad of a break from the diet, stilll not over 2k calories but more fat than protein lol.

Monday im back at it.

I think for the week I got grilled chicken breast, brown rice, sweet potatoes, steam veggies. Still the same just suddle changes, also miight cook them the day of because by friday the food even tho in tupperware it was dried all to hell.

man i couldnt' see myself paying that much for some workout shoes, barefeet work pretty well, converse and boots work just as well, but i like the feel of my barefeet on the floor, in socks of course.

and BigGuy lol back in the day when people were on chat sites A/S/L was what you would always ask the person you were tyring to talk to.

oh the dial of days of yahoo chat lol

weekends almost over lol

Not that bad of a break from the diet, stilll not over 2k calories but more fat than protein lol.

Monday im back at it.

I think for the week I got grilled chicken breast, brown rice, sweet potatoes, steam veggies. Still the same just suddle changes, also miight cook them the day of because by friday the food even tho in tupperware it was dried all to hell.

man i couldnt' see myself paying that much for some workout shoes, barefeet work pretty well, converse and boots work just as well, but i like the feel of my barefeet on the floor, in socks of course.

and BigGuy lol back in the day when people were on chat sites A/S/L was what you would always ask the person you were tyring to talk to.

oh the dial of days of yahoo chat lol

glad i'm not the only one who was involved in those back in the day...

yea those shoes are not happening for me... I'll just stick to a "box squat"... lol ..... 

I was reading around and some trainers suggested using a a 10-25lb plate under the heels.... I'll try this out to get a full squat going... 

Dam its friday already!!!!

Well this week has been pretty much the same as last week.

Not alot of energy honestly.

Still drinking alot of water and eating once a day with fasted cardio.

The scale isn't moving much, but I can feel my pants starting to not fit lol.

My arms are getting alot more lean, can see abs if i flex, but my ribs are getting more defined lol.

Still no definition in my legs smh, i can see the veins, but they dont pop out for shit.

Hopefully the last week, when i dry out i'll see some results.

I think next week will be full body training with light weights mon-fri.

Nice! That's good progress. Funny about the ribs. I wonder if it has to do with how you lift. Like posture.

I am still having a hard time shedding weight. I've cut my calories. Added more cardio but it seems I can only lose a pound over the course of like 2 weeks. Smdh!

My arms are getting alot more lean, can see abs if i flex, but my ribs are getting more defined lol.

Still no definition in my legs smh, i can see the veins, but they dont pop out for shit.

don't remember if I asked... do you get the Fruit punch flavor of that zero loss?? I'm gonna try it out

don't remember if I asked... do you get the Fruit punch flavor of that zero loss?? I'm gonna try it out

I went ahead and ordered the fruit punch... would like to see if it's as good for me as it has been for you... N.O. was great so this should be a bit better.... at least I hope.... will let you know in a week or so how it's been working... like I said before though, I've been supplement free for a few months now..... so it might be cray for me at first.... lol