oakteg21

why is there no love for PSI here??

I bought some recone from them, and from PAP for SS XXX subs (15" and 18"). They deliver fast, for sure, but I can't say their products are the best of the world, like I've heared !
some of my friends don't want to use them at all, now. But those friends are not really taking care of their equipments, so I can't really judge.

I needed a recone kit for a DD sub recently, I did not try any of those PAP or PSI. I contacted DD directly and made the deal from an official dealer. DD put me in contact witht the nearest dealer.

If I had to buy a recone for a Fi or an SSA sub, I would always get a manufacturer recone first.

I'm currently waiting for a Fi btl N2 rcone and basket : original from Fi. Nothing else !

I have a platform 3 and it has nothing on the zcon but rated @ 2500 rms

I beg to differ.

I think PSI is a better choice for woofers that don't have recones available. JL, Alpine, kicker, sound stream, exc. Of course they know RE, cause its the old creator of RE and the XXXv1-3 right? But still, they won't make you a drop in, they want to have you to send it in.

Am I saying they can't measure coil gap, height of gap vs coil and make something work? No. They can, but your PSI sp4 is not better than Fi's sp4 reconed woofer, just because you are burning up the tinsel leads by feeding 4k to it with f'd up electrical.

They don't like to make a drop in because customers do not know how to measure correctly or even know what a caliper is. He has been burned many times from wrong measurements. I've seen multiple cases of that exact scenario. Just because David likes to make sure the measurements are correct doesn't make his company shoddy.

I can say that I dont use psi products, not because there is anything wrong with them but because ive had no need too, yet. I do have a few friends that run their recones and I have seen them perform very well. I can say yes, going with a recone from the original manufacturer would be the best bet but unfortunately some have rediculously long turn around times, some have rediculous prices. If it was not for psi pricing and speed they would probably not be used as prevalently as they are. As for stealing parts and designs I wouldnt advertise that info unless you have actual proof. As for me, I have no problem with their products. If it fits your budget and you want to run it, go for it. If you find out you dont like it you can always sell it and try something else.

i think he is saying he had psi recone his sub, and it works great.

Ok thanks i didnt think of the recones lol

I think PSI is a better choice for woofers that don't have recones available. JL, Alpine, kicker, sound stream, exc. Of course they know RE, cause its the old creator of RE and the XXXv1-3 right? But still, they won't make you a drop in, they want to have you to send it in.

Am I saying they can't measure coil gap, height of gap vs coil and make something work? No. They can, but your PSI sp4 is not better than Fi's sp4 reconed woofer, just because you are burning up the tinsel leads by feeding 4k to it with f'd up electrical.

They don't like to make a drop in because customers do not know how to measure correctly or even know what a caliper is. He has been burned many times from wrong measurements. I've seen multiple cases of that exact scenario. Just because David likes to make sure the measurements are correct doesn't make his company shoddy.

as long as they are using the same basket, things should work out with customers that want drop ins.  This is why I say PSI is good for reconin your alpine type xs, jl w6s, kicker l5, and such

In expecting parts in a week or so and my parts are cheaper than any online prices I've found. Currently working in an online store.

Nice^^

Platform 3 specs:

Hi Performance RMS Power Handling - 3000 watts
Peak Power Handling - 6000 watts
SPL Burp Power - 8000

If the team Fi sub or Sp4 had a high performance rms handling figure;  what would it be?

PSI: With an extended length, flatwound voice coil, a quad stack of spiders, triple leadwires, and a pole blocking cap, these can handle up to 3000w RMS depending on the enclosure type, and up to 25,000 watts of burp power handling.

Edited by cloud77

Since posted after my post I assume this is toward me?

Platform 3 specs:

SPL Burp Power - 8000

If the team Fi sub or Sp4 had a high performance rms handling figure;  what would it be?

PSI: With an extended length, flatwound voice coil, a quad stack of spiders, triple leadwires, and a pole blocking cap, these can handle up to 3000w RMS depending on the enclosure type, and up to 25,000 watts of burp power handling.

Power ratings dont really have anything to do with how well a sub performs

Platform 3 specs:

SPL Burp Power - 8000

Power ratings dont really have anything to do with how well a sub performs

Exactly, I was making a mockery

Ah, gotcha