///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

Ok that one worked but I already had it loaded to a file. Either way I will try and load some picks of my new delivery car and see if it works. Feel free to delete these last few post I'm just trying to figure out this pick thing if it truly is unlocked now. 

I always upload my pics to something like Google pics, then just copy and paste the link from there. Very seldom do I upload straight to a forum.

Well I was uploading them into a folder then loading them into threads but it even stopped letting me do that. I even tried removing some of the picks and loading new one on to the file that worked and it want let me, nor will it let me start a new folder. I know I'm doing it right cause I did it the same way as before when it worked. Only thing I can think of is I'm using a newer iPhone but I would think this new iPhone should work better. 

Ok, I called the ATT/Singular store and talked to the manager, and he said the phone I bought was in fact reduced, because it was a opened box model. But he assured me it was brand new, and had never been powered up, and was no different then a $869 dollar phone that would come from a iPhone store, other then a piece of tape missing. I honestly thought it was just a regular off the shelf model until I read this post. But either way I would gladly but it again even if I had knew.

I use a laptop to upload pics. I have a shitty company phone.

6 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

I use a laptop to upload pics. I have a shitty company phone.

Well I have a black iPhone 7 plus with a pink otter box when my woman is at work lol.  When she is home I use a iPhone 5s I think. It's the one with the finger recognition which ever model that is 5C or 5S. 

You dump in every thread.  I will now move it here.  Regrettably my expectations is that this won't even help you learn 

42 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

image.jpg

You figured it out, lol.

Btw I can't stop you from posting pics only from posting

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You figured it out, lol.

Btw I can't stop you from posting pics only from posting

Actually you can only stop me from posting on this name, and URL, but unfortunately for you I have access to over a dozen different IP addresses, so it would make for a good game of whack a Jack if I actually wanted to troll and just switch names, and servers, but that's not what I'm about. I honestly just speak my mind, and don't understand all these forum rules. I read some of them, but honestly I don't see the big deal of just commenting and what ever topic that's being discussed. I'm a old ass hillbilly you will just have to forgive my forum manors. :bartmoon:    

51 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Ok, I called the ATT/Singular store and talked to the manager, and he said the phone I bought was in fact reduced, because it was a opened box model. But he assured me it was brand new, and had never been powered up, and was no different then a $869 dollar phone that would come from a iPhone store, other then a piece of tape missing. I honestly thought it was just a regular off the shelf model until I read this post. But either way I would gladly but it again even if I had knew.

So you bought a used phone for more than the OP listed yet you poop in his thread. :Doh:

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

So you bought a used phone for more than the OP listed yet you poop in his thread. :Doh:

No goober I bought a brand new phone in the box with the plastic still on the screen for $50 less then the op's asking price because a piece of apple tape was cut on the box. That's like calling a car used because they rolled it off the trailer and parked it on the lot. Phone was new never powered on the box had been opened for what ever reason. Apparently it set in a glass case as a floor model for a few weeks before it was re packed and sold to me. I didn't care I seen a new iPhone that my wife asked for so I got it and didn't think twice, still don't. I would buy it again even if I had asked and found out it was a open box item. Apparently I need to go buy a few more and post them up on here for $750 lol. 

And what do you consider thread dumping?  I assumed as long as you where speaking on the subject at hand, or asking a question about the same subject, you where good.  What exactly is the problem with me saying I just purchased the same phone at a similar price? It wasn't a old thread it was at the very top of my screen and I spoke on the exact topic so how am I wrong?  Just tell me instead of making a big deal out of it and I want do it anymore, problem solved. 

32 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

No goober I bought a brand new phone in the box with the plastic still on the screen for $50 less then the op's asking price because a piece of apple tape was cut on the box. That's like calling a car used because they rolled it off the trailer and parked it on the lot. Phone was new never powered on the box had been opened for what ever reason. Apparently it set in a glass case as a floor model for a few weeks before it was re packed and sold to me. I didn't care I seen a new iPhone that my wife asked for so I got it and didn't think twice, still don't. I would buy it again even if I had asked and found out it was a open box item. Apparently I need to go buy a few more and post them up on here for $750 lol. 

You are mixing facts and fiction AGAIN...what a surprise.

Here is what you know.  You bought a phone from a store in a non-sealed box.  

Here is what you don't know.  If it was ever powered on, if it was used, how old it was.

Here is what you should know.  It is common for electronic sales people to use the term new for: refurbs, items that are mildly used but can look like new, returns, and the list goes on and on.

27 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

And what do you consider thread dumping?  I assumed as long as you where speaking on the subject at hand, or asking a question about the same subject, you where good.  What exactly is the problem with me saying I just purchased the same phone at a similar price? It wasn't a old thread it was at the very top of my screen and I spoke on the exact topic so how am I wrong?  Just tell me instead of making a big deal out of it and I want do it anymore, problem solved. 

You derailed the thread.  How is that "good"?  

The answer to your question is rather simple when posed as a question.  Maybe then you can understand.  It is very simple; how did your post help the OP with his thread?  The answer is it didn't and instead instigated a complete different direction for the thread.  That is the epitome of thread dumping.

30 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You are mixing facts and fiction AGAIN...what a surprise.

Here is what you know.  You bought a phone from a store in a non-sealed box.  

Here is what you don't know.  If it was ever powered on, if it was used, how old it was.

Here is what you should know.  It is common for electronic sales people to use the term new for: refurbs, items that are mildly used but can look like new, returns, and the list goes on and on.

Trust me it was a new phone. It still had the screen cover from the factory on it and not even a smudge on it. Ain't nobody walking around using a phone with a big plastic cover over the little thin cover on the iphones. And it's a iPhone 7, it can't have been in the case to long. Considering they have phones in glass cases every where I'm inclined to believe them. I have tried to buy a floor model of a apple computer in the Knoxville store and they wouldn't sell it, but it wasn't in a glass case, it was a truly used item. The model we wanted was out of stock, so that's why I asked, but the place where I bought the 7 has everything in cases, so there not handled by anyone. I personally don't mind a open box, as long as it's got a warranty and is new, but I wouldn't waste my money on refurbished with no warranty.  And I didn't do anything in his thread besides say I just bought one myself for $699 which I thought was the new msrp which made we wonder why he would ask over new price for a used phone. I see this a lot on Facebook people will post things for more then they cost new hoping somebody will buy it, which is what I thought he was doing. 

So you are either an idiot or a prick.

Enjoy your used phone.

26 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

So you are either an idiot or a prick.

Enjoy your used phone.

Your mama was used and I enjoyed her! Lol sorry but you walked right into that one.

can post count be disabled in this M??? in case someone gets keyboard happy... just a thought ... and thanks again!

On 1/4/2017 at 11:47 AM, ///M5 said:

In future threads I will link to this one.  Doesn't seem right since he dumped on a classified thread to ruin that one though.

clearly I was just trying to sell a barely used item at a lower price than retail. Nowhere can I find this new iphone 7 plus for less than what I have mine for... To be quite honest I can find valid info to contradict your claims man. Just saying. 

21 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Trust me it was a new phone. It still had the screen cover from the factory on it and not even a smudge on it. Ain't nobody walking around using a phone with a big plastic cover over the little thin cover on the iphones. And it's a iPhone 7, it can't have been in the case to long. Considering they have phones in glass cases every where I'm inclined to believe them. I have tried to buy a floor model of a apple computer in the Knoxville store and they wouldn't sell it, but it wasn't in a glass case, it was a truly used item. The model we wanted was out of stock, so that's why I asked, but the place where I bought the 7 has everything in cases, so there not handled by anyone. I personally don't mind a open box, as long as it's got a warranty and is new, but I wouldn't waste my money on refurbished with no warranty.  And I didn't do anything in his thread besides say I just bought one myself for $699 which I thought was the new msrp which made we wonder why he would ask over new price for a used phone. I see this a lot on Facebook people will post things for more then they cost new hoping somebody will buy it, which is what I thought he was doing. 

just to repeat and illustrate by "proof" or "evidence" .... since you were unable to provide any at all with yours. You bought from what I can only assume was an "authorized retailer" ... maybe it was NEW condition but you didn't pay retail pricing cuz you dealt with a craigslist style vendor. 

WP6ghJV.jpg

5 hours ago, Shogen said:

just to repeat and illustrate by "proof" or "evidence" .... since you were unable to provide any at all with yours. You bought from what I can only assume was an "authorized retailer" ... maybe it was NEW condition but you didn't pay retail pricing cuz you dealt with a craigslist style vendor. 

WP6ghJV.jpg

Uhh yea, I already said everything you just said myself. Had I known the true retail price, I would have never even commented. I am always in a rush, and work around, or over a 100 hours a week, so when I went to get the phone, I didn't shop, I seen new iPhone 7+ $699, and grabbed it and a pink otter box, slapped down $800 something, and was back to work in a hurry. Never thought anything of it, until I seen your used phone for $750, which made me wonder, (why is he asking full MSRP), but now I know I bought a open box display model, that looked new to me. I don't do much but work, so I don't shop, or watch tv, so in my mind $699 was full price, but now I see the mistake. I do apologize my bad, but I did say I meant nothing by it, and even said I was sure somebody in a city, or a higher average economy area, would be glad to have it, did I not? And damn when did these new phones get so expensive. I remember my sister waiting at the Apple Store in Knoxville tenn, for the new iPhone 6, and it was 5 something I think. Might have been $599, but I know it wasn't even close to $869, and that wasn't that long ago, so it can't be inflation. I guess apple is doing like JL, and Sundown, and using the (you should pay more like me) advertising technique. It sure ain't the tech where paying for. 

Edited by Billy Jack

While where on the subject of paying more for the same thing, are these new synergy amps just another cookie cutter Zenon amp like the sundowns, DC, Twisted Sounds, or are they actually a slightly cheaper board. What I want to know is, are they the new "I did it to" company to use the same Zenon tech with there name etched on it. If they are I should just save a couple of hundred bucks and get one of there amps instead of a Ampere or Sundown. I know there are slight differences even in the same Zenon or Chung Lam boards but are the synergy close in quality/output to the other rebranded Zenon/Chung Lam amps. 

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

While where on the subject of paying more for the same thing, are these new synergy amps just another cookie cutter Zenon amp like the sundowns, DC, Twisted Sounds, or are they actually a slightly cheaper board. What I want to know is, are they the new "I did it to" company to use the same Zenon tech with there name etched on it. If they are I should just save a couple of hundred bucks and get one of there amps instead of a Ampere or Sundown. I know there are slight differences even in the same Zenon or Chung Lam boards but are the synergy close in quality/output to the other rebranded Zenon/Chung Lam amps. 

If it's a class D, it's highly possible. Link to specs would help to better answer your question.

I'm a Class AB or nothing kinda guy.

Everything in the amp world is me too.  Not like anyone has had a breakthrough design in a REALLY long time.  Quality assembly however is not always the case.

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Everything in the amp world is me too.  Not like anyone has had a breakthrough design in a REALLY long time.  Quality assembly however is not always the case.

Amen to that. All anyone does any more is call up a build house and order the same old tech and etch their name on it. And there are a few quality built amps out there but they usually come at a premium.  Now a days when someone orders from a build house they usually send extra's because it's cheaper to replace a few bad amps they know will fail instead of fixing them the way they used to. I know JL would order 5k boards, and there build house would send 5500, and expect that to settle the account for returns, and warranty claims. It's probably why they built their own build house for amps, processors, and etc. That and they had a huge budget from premium pricing. But mostly what I want to know is, would a synergy or soundqubed be on par with the Sundown, or D.C. Amps that cost hundreds more. I know, what a year ago when twisted sounds where new they where a cheaper amp and just as good as the other Korean boards. I can't remember which amp it is but there identical to one of the other boards it might have been crescendo I think. If nobody knows I can go to gut.shot.com and see what other company's are using the same internals.