Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

All Things Photo Talk

critique on point there MK ... lmao

On 2/25/2017 at 7:36 PM, MKader17 said:

Composition of the photo is a bit odd. It's very reminiscent of a quick cell phone pic. Maybe a better explanation of the subjects intended destination after the photo would help.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:36 PM, ///M5 said:

Thought I was in the hop

...posted nonsense and explained tit with a cell phone pic

At a conference this week. Snuck around and took some photos before hand when it was quiet. Hopefully a few come out good.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:12 AM, MKader17 said:

So question on the bacon.

How much foreground bokeh (not sure if that's the correct term) is okay.

I love taking pictures of food, they seem to be bland and usually lacking color, when it's not the food lacking color. The cupcakes to me look awesome and the foreground bokeh is cool

Honestly, ot all come down to lighting with food. If it's not lit right, the colors will not show correctly. What is pleasing to the eye is not always pleasing to the lens.

J

14 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Honestly, ot all come down to lighting with food. If it's not lit right, the colors will not show correctly. What is pleasing to the eye is not always pleasing to the lens.

J

this is how I feel... I look at it in a way of what is pleasing to me visually. I'm not a pro nor do I claim to know much but if I follow my eye usually I can get some pretty great shots. 

What I do find to be stinky for my taste is the loss of close focus ... but  I don't like getting a specific purpose lens like a macro. So I work with what I have and go from there

On 3/6/2017 at 1:58 PM, Shogen said:

this is how I feel... I look at it in a way of what is pleasing to me visually. I'm not a pro nor do I claim to know much but if I follow my eye usually I can get some pretty great shots. 

What I do find to be stinky for my taste is the loss of close focus ... but  I don't like getting a specific purpose lens like a macro. So I work with what I have and go from there

There are mid range macro lenses that will work great as a macro lense, as well as a decent prime lens as well. The 60mm 1.4 from Nikon is great at that.

J

So my wife and I have taken a photo on our anniversary every year with a picture of the previous year (on our first was our wedding day).

I can't find last year's picture anywhere. I can't even find pictures taken around that time frame....

This, of course, was pre-"good camera" so I didn't have a good system setup.